Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What happened to the radio drama?

Bguzik
(@bguzik)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I used to occasionally listen to the FOTF radio drama through Apple Music although it’s seemingly been removed from Apple, Amazon, and any other places I had access to. What’s the best way to access it now? I’m seeing mp3s for over $100 which just seems like a lot at the moment. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 18, 2022 12:07 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Hi, I got a digital download of them a few years ago, as my CD set had started failing. I love listening to the dramas.
I bought it directly from FotF, and they sent the audio file. I just saved it to my hard drive.

https://store.focusonthefamily.com/radio-theatre-the-chronicles-of-narnia-set-digital/

It' currently on sale for $70 US.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2022 1:30 am
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@coracle 

I still have the audio CD’s and they work fine, considering that they about thirty years old. I bought them as separate dramas for each book. They were purchased from a Christian book store which is no longer in business in our area.  I think that new sets of them are still available from the  Focus on the Family website and Amazon. However, I recommend supporting Christian bookstores if you have them in your area. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2022 4:37 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@narnian78 

There's not really any Christian book stores, because most people now do shopping online. There is a Christian book store at Valley River Center in Eugene, which I'm sure they might have the Narnia radio drama set.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2022 8:12 am
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@jasmine_tarkheena 

There are still a few of the bookstores around, but they aren’t so close to where I live. If it is a twenty five mile drive to go there then most people will shop online.  It’s kind of sad that many book stores are struggling to survive.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2022 11:45 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@narnian78 

If you still have your CDs, but want to listen to the stories on other things, can you copy them on? I've got one on my phone, for instance. 

There are still Christian book stores around, but they depend on people going in and buying in person. The two shops in my city have a lot of giftware to keep up their sales. 

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2022 12:16 pm
Courtenay liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@coracle 

I don’t have anything else to make copies of recordings, but I don’t really want to listen to them on anything else since my old fashioned stereo has the best sound.  I don’t have the addiction to modern technology that so many people have and still use a landline phone. I do have a computer and an i-pad, which I use for this website.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2022 1:04 pm
coracle liked
Share: