Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Last Battle Film Adaptation

Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Regardless of what order they decide to go in, The Last Battle will be the most logical ending. And I think that will most likely take the most risk. It deals with heavy themes like manipulation, life and death. Now imagine audiences going like, "Whoa! They actually went for that?!"

Now if they need to make some changes to make it work for a movie, I understand that. I think a way to start the movie is where the seven friends of Narnia are gathered together for a meal. Maybe even have Eustace or Jill try to talk Susan into coming to the gathering. Then she could be like, "Seriously? You're still thinking of those games we used to play when we were children!"

I was listening to the BBC Radio 4 drama adaption a few years ago, and actually started in Tashbaan (at least I think), and Rishda was praying to Tash. Then the Tisroc bestowed blessings of Tash on Rishda as he and thirty of his Calormene soldiers were getting ready to march to Narnia. It's fine for a radio drama, but I don't know if it would work for a movie.

I would say also that while manipulation is a relevant topic, I don't think a film adaption should go overboard with it. It should be all about where their loyalties at: are they with one another or with Narnians or Calormenes or don't they care which side their on.

Then there's that deep friendship that Tirian and Jewel have. It means so much, "They loved each other likes brothers." I think the marketing industry could take example from Sherlock, where it explores on the deep friendship of Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson.

Then who wouldn't want to see all the beloved characters from Narnia's past in the New Narnia at the reunion?

Any thoughts on what risk The Last Battle film adaption will take?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 3, 2023 1:05 pm
Share: