Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Netflix's Narnia to include "big-budget action films"?

Page 2 / 2
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@rose Some have argued that the Walden Narnia trilogy is a Lord of the Rings knock off. I can kind of see it is (I'll swear that the Battle of Helm's Deep in The Two Towers and the Night Raid in Prince Caspian were filmed at the same location). 

And will Netflix follow the same pattern? It's hard to say. I can kind of see The Last Battle being more of an action movie. I think the Battle of Stable Hill is the most detailed battle out of all the battles in the Chronicles. And I can almost picture the moment with Tash in the stable being intense. What else? The Return of the King had multiple endings, and I can almost see The Last Battle following suit.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2021 4:24 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

And is it possible for Netflix to make a big commercial movie? A smaller-budget would be nice, though I could see it could be tempting to make a huge commercial movie.

For action, well, it could be a concern that Netflix would add action scenes where there is a lot of walking and talking. Now I understand it wouldn't translate well into screen.

For The Silver Chair, there is a lot of walking and talking. I think there is a way to add tension. I mean, like for where Eustace and Jill are going to the castle of Harfang, you know then that they're making a bad choice. It even made them forget about the signs and their purpose to find Prince Rilian. So I think there is a way to get around it, and makes you go like, "Stop! Stop! Turn back!"

In The Last Battle, there is a scene where Tirian, Eustace, Jill, Poggin, Jewel, and Puzzle are walking to Cair Paravel to meet with Roonwit and re-reinforcements. I can kind of see filmmakers going like, "Oh, this is kind of boring." "There is too much walking and talking here. Let's light it up a bit." Oh, yeah, let's have flying monkeys or raptors chase after them. Okay, not that. I think there is a way to add suspense and tension in The Last Battle without just being action packed. For instance, where Shift tells the Narnians, "Oh, anyone can see Tashlan. Oh, but he's not coming out. You have to go in and see him." We even learn later in the book that Rishda has placed a Calormene soldier in there to kill any Narnian who went in there. I think if they were to show Rishda placing the Calormene soldier in there, it could create a lot of tension. Now you may have seen in movies where people are walking into a restaurant with a bomb under the table. Then the bomb goes off. You're shock for only a second. Now imagine a different version of that where it actually shows someone placing the bomb under the table. That's when you get really tense, and makes you go like, "Stop! Stop! Don't go in there! There's a bomb under the table!" So showing Rishda placing the Calormene soldier in the stable could the same idea there.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 19, 2022 1:03 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: