Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How open are you to Netflix (eventually) creating original Narnia films/series? Poll was created on Jun 08, 2020

Poll results: How open are you to Netflix (eventually) creating original Narnia films/series?
Voter(s): 27
Poll was created on Jun 08, 2020
I'm hopeful that Netflix will!  -  votes: 11 / 40.7%
40.7%
I'd be concerned but open-minded.  -  votes: 9 / 33.3%
33.3%
I'm very uncomfortable with the idea.  -  votes: 4 / 14.8%
14.8%
I don't ever want to see Netflix create spin-offs.  -  votes: 3 / 11.1%
11.1%

Netflix to make Narnia spin-offs? (Poll)

Page 2 / 2
decarus
(@decarus)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I wrote i am very uncomfortable with the idea. I think the point others made about Aslan is a good one. That is sort of my problem as well. There is this actual real thing that these stories are based on and when they adapt Narnia and it doesn't fit the real thing then i have a problem with it. That is what is really wrong with VDT. Having Eustace do anything that makes him earn his undragoning is so against everything that salvation is that it just annoys me and pretty much makes me think the movie is complete nonsense. It just isn't Narnia when they miss the point entirely and i am not remotely convinced that they are going to have anyone that even has a bit of sense about these things. They are thinking about how they can make an exciting plot and not about how this also needs to be in keeping with the actual real thing that the stories are based on.

Even trying to think about spin off stories, i am not even sure what they could do that i would find interesting.

There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2020 7:12 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

While I was aware that a book called The Giant Surprise: A Narnia Story existed, I actually never read it. I guess it was a good thing I didn't. I think even Douglas Gresham wants to pretends it doesn't exist.

I didn't vote in the polling above since I'm not sure where I stand on this.

I think a better option would be if some things that are in the books were flesh out in some way. For example, an HHB series or movie could incorporate where Rabadash visits Cair Paravel and Susan is swept off her feet into the narrative. Then we watch him reveal his true nature later.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2021 4:26 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: