Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Movie Inspired Pinterest Boards

Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

If, like me, you are rather in despair about ever seeing the movies/shows come to pass, you might be interested in seeing my HHB and SC Pinterest boards. You can just imagine the movies happening instead! They're not really sorted, just random inspiration I've come across.

HHB: locales, horses, people, paintings, fashion, and art that reminds me of people and places. Also, there is inspiration from many cultures.

The Horse and His Boy

SC: mostly fashion and mostly LotGK, but also inspiration for Jill and Rillian.

The Silver Chair

Honestly, these might just make you more sad. I can just see how fabulous these will be if they are ever made!

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 5, 2022 9:56 am
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

I am not sure if I need the Pinterest App to make these work on my phone, but unfortunately at present the links just send me through to the generic Pinterest homepage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 10, 2022 11:41 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

I'm also getting an error message, @Anfinwen, and I'm logged in. Hmmm I'd like to see them!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 10, 2022 2:20 pm
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh, I bet it's because they were private. It should work now; thanks for the heads up! They're nothing special, I just know I like looking through them and thinking how awesome a movie would be. Smile  

HHB

SC

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 10, 2022 4:58 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

This is a good idea! It's sort of like a designer's inspiration board/collage. I'd like to see other Narniawebbers' boards, and I'm inspired to make my own too.

@anfinwen You chose some lovely pictures for your board!

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2022 10:40 pm
rainyweather
(@rainyweather)
NarniaWeb Nut

Your boards are beautiful @anfinwen ! I had so much fun looking through them both Smile !

This pin, though:

https://pin.it/dyKG7GT

... this cRaCkEd me up ROFL  

Also, I noticed several pictures from BBC's Merlin (great show, by the way :)). I've seen stuff for Katie McGrath (Morgana / Morgan le Fay) as the Lady of the Green Kirtle and Bradley James (Arthur) as Prince Rilian, like this (which isn't mine but I found it while searching fan art and such):

Narnia Confessions — After seeing Katie McGrath in Merlin, and those...

Pretty sure that's Uther's body with Arthur's head edited in Giggle   but, anyways, I love it and I think they'd be great for the roles (especially Katie McGrath as LotGK); I like that you included similar stuff in your board (including, if remember, the actual photo of this scene, with Uther). I also liked several other great pictures of Katie McGrath from your board that had a total LotGK feel!

"We shall all, in the end,
be led to where we belong.
We shall all, in the end,
find our way home."

- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 18, 2022 1:10 pm
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

@rainyweather 

I forgot the Rabadash valentine was in there! ROFL   I didn't make it, just found it on Pinterest at some point. Classic!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 18, 2022 6:30 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @rainyweather

This pin, though:

> https://pin.it/dyKG7GT <

... this cRaCkEd me up ROFL  

Me too, just now!!! Grin ROFL (Dare I say, what an ass?? ... that word means something different in British and Commonwealth English from what it means in American English, as I hope everyone here understands)

Posted by: @rainyweather

I've seen stuff for Katie McGrath (Morgana / Morgan le Fay) as the Lady of the Green Kirtle and Bradley James (Arthur) as Prince Rilian, like this (which isn't mine but I found it while searching fan art and such)

Not a bad idea! I was going to say "Shouldn't she be blonde, though?", but then had a look back through The Silver Chair and realised Lewis doesn't actually say anything about the Lady's hair colour... I must have been going by Pauline Baynes' illustrations.

(I am, however, absolutely raring for some version of Narnia (other than the 1978 cartoon of LWW) to FINALLY get it right according to the books and make Lucy golden-haired. This of course has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Lucy has always been my favourite human character in Narnia and I'm blonde myself. Tongue )

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2022 2:19 pm
rainyweather
(@rainyweather)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @courtenay

Dare I say, what an ass?? ... that word means something different in British and Commonwealth English from what it means in American English, as I hope everyone here understands

I had to learn that when I first read the Chronicles. I was actually surprised by what I thought was bad language at first. After frequent use of the word I suspected it probably didn't mean the same thing as the American swear. I did my research and found out it was a British insult (not a swear) meaning stubborn/foolish.

I was going to say "Shouldn't she be blonde, though?", but then had a look back through The Silver Chair and realised Lewis doesn't actually say anything about the Lady's hair colour... I must have been going by Pauline Baynes' illustrations.

I imagine her blonde, too, actually! It bothers me that C.S. Lewis didn't do much describing in the way of character appearances. It gave me virtually nothing to go off of when I read the books except of course the Walden movies (which I had seen prior to reading) and Pauline Baynes illustrations. I took to the latter and now Baynes' illustrations are how I imagine the characters and draw them myself (for the most part).

I am, however, absolutely raring for some version of Narnia (other than the 1978 cartoon of LWW) to FINALLY get it right according to the books and make Lucy golden-haired.

Oh, absolutely! This is one of my main issues with Baynes' illustrations (which I otherwise really love). However, Lewis didn't describe Lucy as golden haired until the end of LWW, so maybe she had darker hair when she was young and all the time in the sun lightened it? Although, most of the people I've known with 'golden' hair it tends to get darker as they get older. I don't know. I'd love to defend Baynes' illustrations, but there's other inaccuracies that get me. Still, I'll save that for another topic. Do you know if there is one about that? If not, I might start one.

Anyways, I like the many looks represented for the characters on the pinterest boards! Some pictures were very different from others, but they all give the beautiful vibrant feel of Narnia (Calormen and Archenland, too)! It was interesting to see different ideas for the appearances of characters and settings 🙂

"We shall all, in the end,
be led to where we belong.
We shall all, in the end,
find our way home."

- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2022 3:55 pm
Courtenay liked
Share: