Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Logo for Netflix Narnia

Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Now that Netflix has Narnia in the works, well, it will make you wonder what the logo will look like. It might depend on if they'll call it Narnia or The Chronicles of Narnia.

Since it's most likely that Netflix doesn't have the rights to the logo that Walden used (though sometimes I wonder if they actually do), we can talk about how should the logo look. I would think they could still have the word "Narnia" in big print.. they might go for a different print and even a different color.

Any thoughts how Netflix should do the logo?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 18, 2022 3:51 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

I don't have any really clear graphic design ideas off the top of my head, but I'd love to see a logo that's noticeably visually different from what the Walden films used AND what the old BBC versions had. I mean, looking at these examples from both, neither title looks very exciting or original at all to me:

The Chronicles of Narnia (TV series) - Wikipedia

(BBC opening titles)

(Walden's logo)

Frankly, both of those are pretty run-of-the-mill! Walden's looks a little more sophisticated, but it's still not all that exciting.

Maybe Netflix could do titles with a graphic as part of them, such as a lion's head, or perhaps a different motif for each of the seven stories? Maybe the writing could look like it's woven out of branches and leaves, as a nod to Dryads and other "nature spirits" being an integral part of Narnia? Just throwing some ideas out there...

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 22, 2022 1:56 pm
Glenwit and Jasmine liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Here's one I've been seeing circling around online.

Netflix's Narnia TV Series and Movies: Here's everything we know - Voyage  Comics

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 23, 2022 10:44 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @courtenay

Maybe Netflix could do titles with a graphic as part of them, such as a lion's head, or perhaps a different motif for each of the seven stories? Maybe the writing could look like it's woven out of branches and leaves, as a nod to Dryads and other "nature spirits" being an integral part of Narnia? Just throwing some ideas out there...

There is that possibility. I'd probably go with different motif for each story. Maybe that way it would avoid the cliche continuity (like Lord of the Rings and Star Wars).

Here at just some random ideas:

MN- A silver apple tree at the end of each

LWW- A wardrobe and a lamppost

HHB- Maybe a horse on the logo

PC- A horn perhaps

VDT- The ship with dragon's head at the first

SC- A silver chair

LB- Maybe a unicorn's horn or a sword and scimitar crossing

Again, these are not suggestions. These are just some random ideas for the logo.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 28, 2023 10:26 am
Share: