Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Did BBC ever plan to adapt the last three books?

Page 4 / 4
hermit
(@hermit)
NarniaWeb Regular

@courtenay I would agree that was probably the main concern. The ironic thing is Lewis is often accused of being heavy handed and blatant with religious 'allegory' in Narnia. He just can't win! Either he's subtly brainwashing children or writing clunky and heavy handed allegories!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 5, 2023 2:30 pm
coracle and Courtenay liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I wonder if people would have watched a series of Narnia plays on television if they would have been made of all seven books. There was a series of Shakespeare plays broadcast decades ago on the BBC (I remember watching it on PBS). But of course it was filmed in different locations and not just on one stage as with a live theater performance. Today there are theater plays based on the Narnia books, but they usually aren’t broadcast on a television network.  I think today people will need a big budget movie or television show to be entertained. Plays still are performed, but they are mostly for live attendance.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2023 4:10 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@narnian78 I'd love to see the Logos plays filmed, and broadcast or screened. Their quality is excellent. 

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2023 12:37 pm
Narnian78 liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@coracle 

I bought some of the Shakespeare plays on DVD because it was cheaper to buy them than to travel to the place where the plays were given. I don’t know if it would ever happen, but I think it would be a great thing if Narnia plays were broadcast on PBS or some other educational network. In fact I would like it better than the current plans for the Narnia films streaming on Netflix.  I think PBS has a better reputation for quality. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 6, 2023 2:08 pm
coracle liked
Page 4 / 4
Share: