Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Excuses

Page 7 / 9
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Oh, you said vegetarian? I thought you said veterinarian!

No one shoveled the driveway, and now the driveway's covered in a sheet of ice!

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

Posted : December 28, 2019 9:44 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Don't worry, all that ice will soon melt in this heatwave & the driveway will be dry by lunchtime.

You forgot to tell me that the car petrol tank was nearly empty yesterday, & now I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get more, now we have the evens & odds system of petrol rationing.

Posted : December 28, 2019 10:58 am
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

I thought there was still enough when I got home, I guess I just didnt pay attention.

You forgot to take me to the airport, I missed my flight to Greece for the holidays.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

Posted : December 28, 2019 12:38 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Oh dear! I thought you weren't going anywhere by plane this year, let alone to Greece, & that you were going to travel by train, instead.

You didn't get my Opal card topped up when you went to the newsagent, even though I gave you the money & the card, & now I can't even take the bus to the station.

Posted : December 30, 2019 12:16 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

I got it mixed up with my Myki card (the Melbourne version) and accidentally topped that up instead. :D (Seriously, in real life I'm planning a trip back to Australia in a couple of months' time, so that would be rather useful.)

You didn't buy new batteries for the remote control and now I have to physically get up to change channels on the TV.

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : December 30, 2019 8:59 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Oh you poor little petal! ;;) Did you notice the new hook put up where we now keep packets of new batteries? Also, you didn't tell me whether the batteries needed were AA or AAA, which seem these days to be the main ones needed.

Why didn't you tell me that it is time to take all the used-up batteries somewhere where they can be recycled?

Posted : December 31, 2019 4:06 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Because I already went there yesterday to take them, and I'll tell you where to go next time.

Why haven't you bought big batteries for the old fashioned radio and torch for camping?

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : December 31, 2019 5:30 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Do you mean those big C or D batteries or bigger, that we all used at one time? I forgot to check which one was necessary before I went to the Supermarket, where I couldn't see either in the battery section. Have you considered buying a solar-powered radio to go camping with?

You didn't refill the petrol tank after that long car journey you took yesterday, & now the petrol tank is empty.

Posted : January 1, 2020 9:32 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

There was no need to refill it, because I'm just about to surprise you with an all-new eco-friendly electric car! :D

You forgot to shut the gate of the top paddock and now there are kangaroos in it. ;)

(Prince Caspian)

Posted : January 1, 2020 10:18 am
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

I was distracted and I thought I had shut the gate so I didn't worry about it.

You forgot the salmon I put on the shopping list now how am I to make fish and chips?

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

Posted : January 2, 2020 8:55 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Aussies (and Brits for that matter) don't use salmon for fish and chips, so there was no way I was going to let anyone else do so either. :p

You didn't tell me there was a sale on at my favourite clothes shop and I missed out on it!

(Prince Caspian)

Posted : January 10, 2020 5:48 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

How could I tell you, when you were so far away now, that your favourite clothes shop went bankrupt, the day before the sale, due to mismanagement of the new local franchise holder, & had to close abruptly when the police arrived?

Why didn't you order our pizza from a reputable longstanding store, not that fancy-schmancy new outfit that turned up overnight & didn't deliver the pizza anyway?

Posted : January 10, 2020 10:09 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Because the reputable longstanding store that I used to always get our pizzas from has recently closed down. :(( (this actually happened to me once, back in Melbourne)

You didn't mend the fly screens like you said you would and now the house is full of mosquitoes.

(Prince Caspian)

Posted : January 10, 2020 10:14 am
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

I was too distracted killing the mosquitoes that were already in the house.

You set mousetraps all over the kitchen in places where people might stick their hands, and now I have a sore finger!

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

Posted : January 10, 2020 4:13 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Well, that's where we keep finding the mice!

You were two hours late for movie night, now we won't be able to watch the movie!

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

Posted : January 12, 2020 4:36 am
Page 7 / 9
Share: