Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Corrupt a Wish

Page 9 / 10
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Yes, you can go on a lovely holiday in Fiji, which you will enjoy immensely. However, it is a long way away from home, & sooner or later you will miss living in a busier, more developed part of the world.

I wish that everyone here has a lovely Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Posted : December 16, 2019 5:52 pm
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

Everyone does have a lovely Christmas and New Years; well til its over. They will now have to spend time taking down decorations and head back to school and work.

I wish the characters in the Sherlock Holmes novels were real.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

Posted : January 2, 2020 9:01 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

All the characters in the Sherlock Holmes novels are now real — including the Hound of the Baskervilles, which is now prowling around menacingly right outside your door.

I wish all the bushfires in Australia would instantly go out!

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : January 2, 2020 11:43 am
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

The bushfires go out, but so do all of the lights.

I wish my favorite dessert would appear.

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

Posted : January 4, 2020 1:02 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Lo & behold! Your favourite dessert does appear. Unfortunately (oops, sorry, wrong game ) your favourite dessert is not your just desserts, & so your eating it will be accompanied by agonising tummy upsets plus even more agonising dilemmas about weight gain. ha! ha! ha!

Much of what I wish for is concerned with koala & other beautiful Aussie critters' welfare, but that is getting far too serious. :(( I wish for a humungous pavlova dessert for my January 72nd birthday plus a prosperous & recovering New Year. :D

Posted : January 4, 2020 3:23 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

You do have a humungous pavlova for your birthday! Unfortunately, though, the White Witch has been fiddling with it and now all you want is pavlova, pavlova, pavlova, morning, noon, and night, for the rest of the year. :D

I wish I could have a new all-electric eco-friendly car.

(Prince Caspian)

Posted : January 4, 2020 6:52 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Yes you can really have that all new eco-friendly car. All yours for only the usual fortune plus a lifetime of paying it off. The trouble is, it not only needs recharging every ten minutes to go anywhere, but if over-used, strains the electricity grid to blackout point, plus making your electricity bills even more astronomical than your car payments.

I wish that surviving koala populations will be able to rebound after these bushfires finish.

Posted : January 6, 2020 10:50 pm
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

Your wish may come true, but it will take time for the koala populations to rebound. (Was not sure how to word this, I hope they rebound too)

I wish animals could talk.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

Posted : January 9, 2020 12:03 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Right, now animals can talk and you can hear them constantly declaring what they think of humans... none of which is very nice. :D

I wish I could attend a great Narnian feast!

(Prince Caspian)

Posted : January 10, 2020 4:30 am
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Ta-da, you attend a great Narnian Feast! However, by "attend", I mean you are serving at the feast, not partaking, and it's a feast that the White Witch is throwing. For herself.

I wish weekends were longer.

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

Posted : January 12, 2020 4:25 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Right, weekends are now longer... by about three minutes. :D

I wish I could teleport instantly between the UK and Australia (and vice versa) to save time and airfares.

(Prince Caspian)

Posted : January 12, 2020 9:24 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Now wouldn't that be dandy for you to teleport between UK & Australia indeed! The trouble is, that teleporting (or the magical HP equivalent of apparating & disapparating) over such long distances might cause you to be splinched with bits of you left behind either in Australia or UK. :-o

I wish I could have a new brain that actually remembers things other than the stupid "happily ever after type" North-Pole type Christmas carol that is stuck on replay in my head. ;)

Posted : January 12, 2020 2:35 pm
King_Erlian
(@king_erlian)
NarniaWeb Guru

You have a new brain which remembers things. Right now you're remembering that school bully who made your life a misery when you were 12.

I wish I had a real suit of armour.

Posted : January 12, 2020 10:43 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Yes a real suit of armour would be nice. It would shield you from all sorts of things, especially rain. But it is going to be a truly conspicuous & uncomfortable wear, driving a car, riding a bus or train, keeping one's balance in the rain, besides needing help to change out of it, when the metal gets rusty from the rain....

I wish that the rain we were expected to have last Monday will actually arrive.

Posted : January 13, 2020 12:20 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

The rain you were expected to have last Monday will indeed actually arrive... some time in August. ;)

I wish I could ride on Aslan, like Lucy and Susan did!

(Prince Caspian)

Posted : January 13, 2020 7:59 am
Page 9 / 10
Share: