Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Competition Questions

Page 1 / 2
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Please ask here if you have any questions about this year's competition! Remember it runs July 1-31, but that you must be signed up by June 23 to compete. :)

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Topic starter Posted : June 1, 2013 10:26 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

I have a question. Have I missed anyone you PM'd me to sign up on the following list? (Please only answer if I missed you)

Aravanna
Aslanisthebest
AstroWolfD
DancingPrincesses
De_De
Dinode
Eustace
fantasia_kitty
Ithilwen
Lady Courage
Louloudi the Centaur
Meltintalle
Movie Aristotle
Narnian_Badger
Nellie of Narnia
Ryadian
shastastwin
stargazer
SummerSnow
The Lady Susan
TheGentleWarrior
UltimateSchweetWarrior
Varnafinde
waggawerewolf27
wolfloversk

There is still time to sign up. (If you don't see your friends or sibblings on the list there is time for you to bug them to join. ;)) ).

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

Posted : June 21, 2013 3:25 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

What are the qualifying boards to get points, besides Games and Blogs?

~Riella =:)

Posted : June 25, 2013 10:44 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Good question, Ithilwen. :) We haven't finalised the weeks yet, but a tentative boards list is below:

The Hobbit Reading Group (all month)
GMD
TaN
Costumes
CCD
The Man Behind the Wardrobe

We will post the official list and applicable dates before the start of the competition. :)

Topic starter Posted : June 26, 2013 5:05 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

What are the colors associated with each team?

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

Posted : June 29, 2013 1:15 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

There are no official colors, MA, but the Mice may use warm colors and the Owls cool colors if they so wish. :)

Topic starter Posted : June 29, 2013 3:57 pm
TheGentleWarrior
(@thegentlewarrior)
NarniaWeb Guru

Does the competition officially start tonight, at midnight eastern time, or do we have to wait until the west coast catches up? :P

It's a bit of a dumb question.. but since I'm on eastern time I was curious.

Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!

Posted : June 30, 2013 1:46 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

That's a good question, TGW. :) The official time for the competition will be Central (GMT -6), so an hour later than Eastern, an hour earlier than Mountain, and two hours earlier than Pacific.

Topic starter Posted : June 30, 2013 2:37 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

Are we required to have both an avatar and a signature with our team theme, or is it enough just to have the avatar?

I have told my fellow mice to have both, but we're not sure whether the sig is obligatory.

I would guess that for someone who uses a text sig, it's enough to add something prominently at the top, not change to graphics?

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : June 30, 2013 9:34 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

The avatar is all that is required. It is just to assist the marshals to track which team gets the points.

Love God, love people

Posted : July 1, 2013 2:41 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Could you please tell me what it means when there is 2PP besides some of the game threads?

Posted : July 1, 2013 9:00 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

It was posted in the competition announcement thread:

The marshals have decided that for the remainder of the competition, all games will be 2PP. That means 2 posts must be posted before you can post again.

Everyone, Be sure to check the "Hear Ye, Hear Ye" thread for any new information!

Love God, love people

Posted : July 2, 2013 2:18 am
Nellie of Narnia
(@nellie-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I have two questions.

Firstly, I was thinking of doing a bit of a creative post in the CCD either today or sometime in the next few days. I was planning to post my thoughts on a topic there, but have a lot of the words in my post start with a certain letter of the alphabet. I read in DiGoRy KiRkE's opening post in the Hear Ye, Hear Ye thread that creative posts such as one like this may be awarded extra points, but I haven't heard anything since then about this. Might I be given extra points for something like this? In other words, is it worth me trying?

Secondly, it has been posted by you marshals that the Hobbit Reading Group forum will get points all month long. This may seem like a slightly silly question, but I thought that that reading group ended a while ago, so how can we get points there? Is it just by continuing the conversation in any one of the threads there? Or are there only certain threads in the reading group that will get points? Or all of them, or what? :- (I already read through the introduction thread for the Reading Group and couldn't find anything about this anywhere there.)

Thanks to all of you marshals for your dedication and hard work for this competition! It seems like people are really enjoying it. I know I am! :D

-Nellie :)

"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)
Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.

Posted : July 5, 2013 7:53 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

Yes, creativity is rewarded with extra points. Extra points are also given for above average substance and posts that encourage continued discussion.

As long as the threads are open, the reading group is considered open. Many people are not able to keep up with pace. The timeline is more for the mods so they post the questions in a timely manner.

Does that help?

Also, I have a question for everyone. A couple of Mice have had unforeseen problems and will not be able to participate as much as they would like. Does any one know of someone who would like to join the Mice? (including an owl that would be willing switch).

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

Posted : July 5, 2013 8:36 am
Nellie of Narnia
(@nellie-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Yes, thanks, it does help!

Regarding your question, Twig's, I asked my mom/johobbit if she would like to join the Mice, but she said she can't commit to that at this point. She also said that this (needing another member for the Mice) has been a topic in the Modchat all afternoon! ;))

"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)
Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.

Posted : July 5, 2013 9:51 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: