Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Ze Ditto Town Mansion

Page 12 / 13
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Sylvia removed a handful of sawdust from a pocket and sprinkled it on the floor. Within a few seconds, a lounge chair shaped from saplings had grown into place. She settled down onto it and listened to the story, quiet for once.

"Would those two Honored Ladies happen to have names?" Sylvia asked. "But I'm in. Sounds interesting."

Posted : August 27, 2010 6:32 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

"Of course they do," Isra smirked. "However, their names are long and respected. So no one says them. Takes too much effort."

Treasa frowned at Isra.

"Their names are Vanya Miriel Kelliana de Sayana and Meav Ni Mallacht Beannaigh Claralynn de Sayana."

Posted : September 2, 2010 2:08 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

Kari's eyes opened wide. The names were familiar to her from so many stories. "So they existed in this timeline, too..." She whispered. Then she composed herself. "I'm ready. What do we do first? Show us how to start."

Xerec readied herself for just about anything-- and envied Sylvia her beautiful lounge chair.

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

Posted : September 4, 2010 4:28 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Treasa's quick ear caught Kari's whisper, but she, wisely, said nothing. Deep within, however, she yearned to know what these ladies had been like in Kari's world. Both of the Honored Ladies were a cypher that the elemental only wished she could decode. After looking about, and seeing that the other travelers nodded their ascent, Treasa slipped off of the table and began walking deeper into the heart of the library.

"This way," Isra said over her shoulder, following Treasa. "There are too many of your company that could never survive the stairs."

After several minutes of winding in and out of bookshelves, pillars and reading tables, as well as skirting a number of sunlit areas, the travelers reached a large covered atrium. The strange patterns on the floor, which had been barely noticeable before, were much more obvious, and entwined with each other around a large metal disc. Without hesitating, Treasa walked to the centre of the disc, her bare feet making no noise on the inset. Isra followed, slowly.

"You will want to come here," Treasa said, her voice suddenly loud and echoey. "Stand as close to the middle as possible."

After a few moments of scuffling, all had arranged themselves in the centre of the plane, and it began to rise, apparently by its own accord. It gained speed as the ascended, passing floor after floor after floor, filled with books and scrolls. They could catch little glimpses of the readers, all quiet, all lost within the worlds they were reading of.

"The histories of all the worlds are said to be found within this library," Treasa said. "I doubt it, but it certainly does have exhaustive resources."

It grew steadily brighter as they rose, as, apparently, they approached ground level and more windows.

"Because it is still day, we will not leave by the main library entrance, as that would take us out of doors too soon. We will leave by the southgate."

"Which, if you're curious, points east," Isra added.

Treasa rolled her eyes.

"Anyway, that will get us out of the city, and hopefully we will be able to find Kiev without too much trouble...." Treasa shook her head. "We will see."

Posted : September 15, 2010 2:33 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

"We were underground?" Kari murmured, feeling like at idiot for not realizing it sooner.

Xerec, who was next to her, nodded knowledgably, "Of course." The library had felt a bit like a cave to her. She always had that feeling underground--a homey feeling.

"Why don't we want to go out of doors in the daytime?" asked Kari, "And does it take longer to get to the southgate or something? Are we going east?"

Posted : October 9, 2010 8:29 am
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

"Yes, the library is arranged so that, even on the lowest floors, which are underground, we get natural lighting," Treasa replied. "We will not be going out of doors while it is light because of the...adverse effect it has on Isra. The southgate is closer to where we need to go, and yes, it does point east. No idea why, or who named it that. Anyway, we'll come out closer to the wooded areas, and in the shade of the evening."

Posted : October 14, 2010 10:22 am
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Treasa kept moving, out of the library, and winding though the narrow passageways between buildings. The shadows protected them from direct sunlight, and they soon made their way to the gate. The gates, like the huge disc they had ridden on, moved seemingly on their own, and they were soon in the soft coolness of the forest. The sun was sinking rapidly, and a few fire-fly like creatures were seen floating around. Isra moved closer to Treasa.

"Evil little creatures," she muttered, pulling her sleeves down to cover her hands.

"Kiev!!!" Treasa called softly, and turned around, her eyes searching.

Posted : December 28, 2010 1:16 pm
Sonny
(@sonny)
NarniaWeb Nut

Roj, though a hearty boy, and used to hard work in his father's mill, was weary from the journey. He swatted away the glowing bugs as he sank to the ground and leaned against an ancient oak tree. He shivered when Isra muttered about the bugs, though he wasn't sure if it was because the air was getting chillier, or because he felt very uncomfortable with Isra, or because of the "evil little creatures," which seemed to be increasing in number. All he knew was that he did not like being in the is place.

And his mother was going to be worried. They'd send out a search team... oh, no, they'd enter the Mansion and be trapped too! Roj jumped up, panicking. "Hey, we've got to get out of here!" he said with a wild look, and grabbed Kari's arm, because she happened to be closest to him.

Posted : January 5, 2011 5:26 am
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

Kari's eyes searched the darkness for the person that was meant to be their guide. She wondered what sort of species he or she or it could be. "Are those fireflies?" She whispered aloud. It seemed like the sort of place where one should whisper.

Then Roj grabbed her arm, and she jumped. "Whoa, calm down! We'll get out soon. Besides, I've got a blaster," She said, meaning to be comforting.

Posted : January 5, 2011 12:40 pm
narnian_at_heart
(@narnian_at_heart)
NarniaWeb Guru

Dayea walked slowly near the back of the group. She didn't like the feeling in the air and around her. Every muscle was taut and she was listening intently. Quietly, she loosened the strap around her bow so it could swing into her hand at a moments notice. The atmosphere seemed to be charged with energy. Was that just her or something from the fireflies (or whatever they were)... or something else? Whatever it was, she was ready.

Posted : January 6, 2011 5:46 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

"And I'm a goddess. Anything messes with us, I'll smite them," Sylvia said, with something of a nasty grin. She looked rather like she would enjoy smiting something.

"Be quiet, nasty sunshine girl," Desdemona interjected.

"How's about I plant a tree in your heart?"

"Try it and I'll dine on your heart's blood. I wonder if it tastes of roses?"

Posted : January 6, 2011 5:52 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

((Normal characters shouldn't be able to tell that Isra is a vampire. :) ))

Isra whirled around, almost...was she growling? Her face darkened as she looked at Roj.

"Do not...yell. Or make noise. And whatever you do, do not touch the little pests." Isra's words darted through the air like little daggers.

"You're not being to helpful, yourself," Treasa commented.

The woman was standing a ways away from the travelers, looking slightly eerie herself in the dusky light. Her hands were cupped before her face, and in them stood one of the lighted creatures. She appeared to be conversing with it, but through little clicks and other noises. After a moment, she tossed it back into the air, then walked back to the group.

"This is Kiev." she said. "He will be your guide."

Posted : January 7, 2011 1:38 pm
Sonny
(@sonny)
NarniaWeb Nut

((OK, I modified my post. :) ))

At the mention of a blaster, Roj's eyes opened wide, but he recognized a comforting sound in Kari's voice. "Oh, OK, I'm sorry," he said, panting, as he let go of her arm, a bit embarrassed. "Uh, does everyone have weapons?" he whispered, trying to ignore Isra's hissing words. He felt in his pockets, trying to find something to defend himself with. He found a ball of twine he had been collecting, a piece of paper with a flour order written on it (which Roj realized with chagrin that he had forgotten to give to his father), and a pencil. I - uh - I could tie them with twine and poke out their eyes with the pencil, he thought.

He was brought back to the reality of the situation when he heard Theresa say, "He will be your guide."

He opened his mouth to ask, "That thing?" but saw Isra out of the corner of his eye, and closed his mouth again.

Posted : January 11, 2011 4:56 am
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Matthew struggled to stifle a laugh at the kid's wild-eyed demeanor. No, rather he struggled not to laugh at the mirror resemblance he once shared with the boy. Back in the day when things were ‘Normal’ but then again, when was anything normal in Ditto Town? So scratch that thought Matthew said to himself, rolling his eyes.

Just about, kid. Matthew said using force telepathy to speak to Roj, and trust me, if you try to poke my eyes out I’ll cut your pencil in a half and crush it. Oh and hi. I’m Matthew. He thought, grinning.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : January 12, 2011 4:42 am
Captn. Peregrin
(@captn-peregrin)
NarniaWeb Nut

"Weapons?" Cosmi laughed. "Everyone here has incredible supernatural powers." The Cat glanced at their new guide.

Tomas refrained from swatting a certain firefly-creature that had ventured a little too near his arm. He peered about at the company, suddenly wondering what the Ditto was up to. It will show itself eventually, he told himself. And yet...will it really just wait to be discovered, as before?

sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

Posted : January 15, 2011 3:19 am
Page 12 / 13
Share: