Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Featured Roleplay: Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters

Page 5 / 23
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

Telwyn had watched the disagreement with great interest, but made no verbal observations. Afterward, as the blanket passed from Evewen's hand to Micah's hand to Susanne's shoulders, her eyes lingered on the shivering girl. She glanced her up and down, then her attention turned to Micah.
Silently, she moved up beside him where he stood watching the bandit ride away and said, "So it appears you want to leave the area tonight. Fine by me. But where are you wanting to go?" She laughed rather suddenly and added, "Not like there's one specific place to go when you're hiding from Them, but at any rate you most likely have an opinion as to where you want to start. Right?" She grinned and raised her eyebrows, somehow giving her face the expression of a pleasant question mark.

Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson

Posted : January 18, 2011 12:17 pm
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

With a final nod to them all, Evewen clicked her tongue and directed her horse towards the river. He splashed into the water and continued a little ways upstream. The water was calm and slightly shallow and it would continue so for at least a quarter of a mile. She would travel by river until she knew her trail could not be found.

~~~

Shyanne watched Evewen disappear. A shudder passed through her and she pulled the cloak closer, trying to keep out the cold.

She watched as Micah placed the blanket on Susanne's shoulders, her mouth neither smiling or frowning. Lady Shyanne turned toward Telwyn as she spoke. She wasn't sure who the woman was, but Micah seemed to trust her.

~~~

"It has to be..." Isla mumbled, more to herself than to Falcon.

It didn't take much longer for sleep to claim Isla. She was tired, emotionally and physically.

"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up

Posted : January 19, 2011 4:07 am
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Micah sighed, suddenly feeling tired as though a burden was weighing him down and demanding that he just drop right there. In all honesty, he had no idea how to answer Telwyn's question; where would they go - where could they go? She had reminded them all of the obvious fact that there was nowhere to hide from the enemies they were dealing with, not permanently anyway. "I'm not sure..." he finally said, and then looked to the others, hoping someone would have an idea or suggestion.

"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia

Posted : January 20, 2011 8:20 am
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Lady Shyanne lowered her hood and looked up. The sky was littered with glittering stars. A chill passed through her and she suddenly felt extremely miserable. She wanted to go home and, surprisingly, she wanted to see her father, too.

"Micah, my father is in Dravon." Shyanne said, stepping closer to Micah. "He's been at the Capitol now for at least two weeks. I'm sure he'll let us stay with him until you figure out where you want to go next..."

She lowered her voice so that only he could hear as she continued, "I want to go home to my father, Micah..."

"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up

Posted : January 20, 2011 2:57 pm
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Micah gave Shyanne a curious look. He could hardly believe she had just said that. "You want to go back to you father?" He asked as if for clarification. However, he didn't want to discourage her, if she truly wanted reconciliation.

As he thought about the possibility of going to Dravon, he was struck with a sudden memory of the arrow Calix had given him, and what Traveler told him about it. He brought out the arrow from where he had stashed it beside his sword's scabbard, and observed it. "Now that you mention it, Shyanne, I have business in the Capitol as well. This arrow was given to me in town today, by a man who found it in the ruins of the inn. Another man, who merely called himself Traveler, told me it is the distinct work of a weapon smith who lives in the Capitol. I'd like to visit this weapon smith, if I get the chance."

He surveyed each of his companions one by one. "I suppose we should put it to a vote. To Dravon? Or is there somewhere else anyone would prefer to go?"

"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Posted : January 24, 2011 8:59 am
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

Telwyn's eyes popped at Shyanne's remark and she eyed the young woman with a great deal of surprise. How she knew enough to even be surprised was impossible to tell. However, she quickly turned when Micah began to speak.

In the brief silence that followed his question, Telwyn glanced over the little group, then across the river. Folding her hands, she commented with a quirk of her eyebrow, "Dravon is large, busy and full of hiding places for those who don't wish to be caught. At the same time, those hiding places are often full of backstabbing thieves who would kill you as soon as look at you if they knew you had a price on your head." Her face cleared of its thoughtful look and she shrugged with an strangely ominous laugh, "If I were running away from someone, I would go there. But it's still very dangerous, in it's own way. However..." Her gaze fell on Susanne, "It might be a good thing to find a place like that we can rest in without being asked too many questions. In the backstreets, sewers and ruins that every large city has in abundance, people don't ask too many questions." A strange, fiercely humored grin made her look more as though she were baring her teeth for a very brief moment and her voice lowered in volume and pitch. "Because they don't even want to know." The next moment her face cleared and she was grinning cheerily again. "I vote yes. Personally."

Posted : January 24, 2011 9:35 am
lover of narnia
(@lover-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Vincent strode across the deck of the Evewen's star, observing the work of the crew. The canvas sails were heard loudly snapping above him, being bent and whipped in and out at the mercy of the ocean breezes. A cold wind was sweeping across the sea, blowing in patches of pregnant clouds that chose, from time to time, to give birth to torrents of rain before leaving as swiftly as they had come. It was a restless evening open the ocean, the sailors were uneasy at the proposition of a storm coming, and Vincent's own mind was troubled with thoughts. He mounted the steps to the helm, and approached the Captain, who was standing resolute at the wheel.

"We are nearing Vayond's port Capt'n." Vincent said, standing behind his superior. A salty current of sea breath came rushing up and over the ship, whipping Vincent's hair around his face. "I'll be glad to get on land with the weather the way it has been of late"

"Aye, there is something brewing on the old Calissa." He said, referring to the ocean they were sailing on.

"A storm." Vincent said, turning and walking to the rail, staring out over the miles of water stretched out before them. It was a wild un-tamable thing, the ocean, and almost mystical. It could capture a man's heart like the most beautiful woman, and tempt him into her grasp. He closed his eyes, and tried to conjure up the woman he had loved once, and still did, but had not seen for years. She was like the ocean, in many ways. Wild, free, spirited, pretty, and courageous with a feisty unpredictable nature that drew you to her. She was a lady of the sea, like him and he longed to see her again. That was hardly a possible wish though, for several years before they had marooned her on an island, and he wondered if she were even alive. It hadn't been his wish to abandon her, but he had hardly any say in her fate. It had been up to the Captain to decide and he had made his decision, unwilling to go back on it.

A sudden shout from the crew on the main deck brought him from his reminiscing and back into reality. The wharf at Vayond had come into view, and the sailor's spirits had risen to a cheer at seeing it. He left the helm, a smiling breaking across his lips, as he began to shout orders among the men to prepare for docking.

After docking at the port of Vayond, the crew had been let loose on the town. As evening began to dawn, and oranges and reds began to spill across the sky in all their splendor, the sounds of clanking glasses and roaring drunken pirates could be heard. Kings soldiers meandered about the dirt streets keeping in line the rowdy sea men who dare touched a official or breathe treason from their lips. Any fights in the public were broken up quickly, and made out to look like the soldiers had been the saviour.

But not all was disorder, the captain of Evenwen's Star kept his crew in moderate line. Though allowed to indulge in their own pleasures, there would be no dueling among one another. The men, all understand their leader's rules and obeyed to the best of their abilities, while still enjoying themselves heartily. They had not docked in Vayond a for a good amount of time, at least a year, so their coming had been looked upon with a certain amount of disdain. The King tolerated these rowdy dogs, if it was only to make himself richer. The pirate captains who came to his ports where made to pay a certain share to the king, as was customary with any country that allowed them to come into their harbor, and stay on their land. The Captains didn't like to give up any of their pickings, but it was required so they didn't protest. But these seamen didn't just lose money while docked, they often came away a good deal richer then before, if they did not become drunk and throw their jewels and things. There were many merchants who looked forward in anticipation for their coming for they would bring many lavish, and foreign splendors which they could traded for or bought. But the peasant folk of this port decided that the night the pirates docked they would stay indoors, and at least wait for the first night to pass before they dare ventured out and interacted with the pirates.

You would not find Vincent though, drunk in a tavern boasting loudly of tales of adventure and danger. He would be sitting in a dark corner, swigging one tall glass of ale, and buried deep in thoughts. Such were his exact activities, this night of arrival. He found a secluded table in one of the more quiet taverns, and sat down with a hearty meal and a drink. His hair was pulled back and tied up with a leather strip, he wore a buccaneer's shirt, tight around the wrists but open in the front, revealing a little of his muscled chest beneath. He wore dark brown breeches and boots with silver buckles to top of his look as the daring, but dark man he was.

It had been far too long since had last been to Vayond, and the place brought back faint child-hood memories, but more recent visions danced before his eyes this night. For some reason the beautiful, green country made him think of a woman he had once loved, and still did though he never said so. He had little hope of ever seeing her again, suspecting her dead or that she had long forgotten him. He wondered why lately he had been thinking of her more....it was strange to find himself straying back to reminisce on past days. A sigh escaped his lips, and his mouth curled up into a faint ironic smile as he swigged down his ale and finished his plate. He rose from the table, hand on the hilt of his sword, and tossed a small bag of gold to the inn keeper who called his thanks.

Vincent left the building slipping across the street ahead of some guards. He stared at them for a long moment, his eyes but slits, before darting down an alley. This cut off the distance he would have to walk to reach the place where the rest of the crew were. He heard first, not saw the Captain and his men, they were across the way in a lighted building bursting with activity. He grinned wryly, stroking the stubble on his chin. Busy gambling and enjoying themselves...I think I'll join them

He approached the inn, but was abruptly interrupted at the door for that instant a drunken man came stumbling out knocking into him. He masked a faint growl as the man called him a few names, and ordered him in a slur to 'muuve ur ulse'. "I hardly think I should be the one moving for you!" he snapped, his anger provoked, as he knocked the man down and out of his way. He shook his head and entered the crowded inn, being jostled by many people as they rushed about. The Captain was talking to a shy little serving girl, who was cringing at how loud he was talking, and the closeness of him. Vincent shook his head and chuckled, dodging a couple of crew as they pushed past him. He found a small dice game going on in one corner and joined. He had some gold to bet with, and the men he was playing with he didn't know, so it might make it fun.

After an hour of playing the game, the expressions of all players had turned into sour scowls. Except Vincent, who wore a side ways grin, for he had found himself winning repeatedly throughout the course of the whole game. "It must be a lucky night" he said quietly, eying one unfriendly looking gentleman at the table who seemed to be taking his losing the worst. He gripped the blade of his sword, under the table, and fancied the thought of having to use it quite soon. They plaid a final round, and the first mate of Evenwen's Star received all the money, because he once again found the dice had turned in his favor.

The man who had lost the most, a middle aged gent with wry graying hair and a rat tailed mustache, jumped up slamming a fist into the table. "You cheated you pirate dog!" he snarled, and spat at Vincent's feet.

Vincent's eyes flashed with anger, and he sent a withering look toward the offender. "What is your name?" he asked coolly, it seeming that the insult at passed over him.

"Rae 'Hawk' Liarsons, and you'd better remember it, you cheat!"

"Oh I'll remember it....that's all I'm going to do for the rest of my days is remember your name" Vincent whispered, his voice filled with contempt. He then stood, tipping his chair over in the process "Actually I asked you your name so I could inform your wife and children of your demise." He said, drawing his blade.

"AH! A duel is it!? I'd be seeking satisfaction any way for how you cheated tonight. You'll be sorry you even fought with me after I've thrust this through your middle" Rae growled, taking out his own sword and brandishing it menacingly.

"I'm very frightened" Vincent said mockingly.

The patrons of the tavern, excited at the prospect of a duel, moved away from the center of the room, pulling chairs and tables with them. Vincent's Captain shot him a displeased look, but he ignored it and concentrated at his current situation. Rae made the first move, hardly suspecting it would be one of his last. Vincent was an experienced swordsman, second only to his captain on the Evenwen's Star. The old sea man Rae 'Hawk' was hardly a match for him. Vincent toyed with him for several minutes, enjoying the mere exhilaration of a fight, but after a few more moments of this he bore down upon the man with all his skill. The match was finished as Vincent ran Rae cleanly through, a cheer going up as he fell to the floor lifeless. Vincent's expression darkened, despite the claps on the back he received. He wiped off his cutlass, and re-sheathed it, returning to his table and ordering a drink. I do hope he wasn't married....

Susanne had never been to the capitol. It was the city that housed the large royal castle, where the King Xavier himself lived. She looked at Telwyn oddly as she began to speak, and her eyes fell upon her. Susanne looked away, feeling for a moment as though she was simply a burden to the weary group. She was tired and cold, a bit weak from recent ordeals, and quite dirty and scraped, but she hardly wanted everyone to have to mold their wishes around her. She had gotten them all into this in the first place. She had interrupted everyone's peaceful lives and thrust them all into danger. She didn't look at Micah as she nodded "I don't mind going to Dravon...."

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6

Posted : January 24, 2011 9:40 am
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Shyanne nodded. "I don't know how much more of this I can take, Micah. I'm not even supposed to be here. If something happened to me, my father would be devastated."

Posted : January 24, 2011 11:09 am
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

Edmund thought about all this. Telewyn siad if they were hiding form someone, they should go there. They needed a hiding place, much better than the dingy place the bandits found them. The bandits would probably be after them anytime soon and of course the king and his men were after him. "I say 'yes' as well. We need a better hiding place."

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : January 25, 2011 4:14 am
Warrior Of Narnia
(@warrior-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Jarien listened to all of the others with growing displeasure. After the conversation that had taken place between the bandit and himself, and the discovery that the pair of rings she now had were identical to his father's, he was not only confused, but eager to be going in quite a different direction than toward Dravon. He whispered with Adi for a moment, and she frowned and nodded, whispering back, "I don't want to cause an argument..."

He sighed, then turned and cleared his throat, "It seems I'll be the only one disagreeing... I wish to head for the coast. I have to check on my father, ensure that he is alright, and inquire about the rings." He looked down and then back up, "I don't want to cause trouble..."

"We are Spartans... impossible is what we do."

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Sisters - LON (RL), Chloe, Rosie
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1

Posted : January 26, 2011 5:37 am
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

Edmund turned to Jarien, sensing an uneasiness in his voice. "What about the rings?"

He was as curious as the others. "How would the rings Micah found have tio do with your dad?"

My book on Amazon Kindle

Posted : January 26, 2011 6:03 am
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Lady Shyanne let out an exasperated sigh, clenching her fists at her side, though they were hidden beneath her cloak. She didn't want to go to the sea; there was nothing there except for dishonorable and drunken sailors. "What is so important about the rings? They're just trinkets! Our lives are ever so much more important." She pointed to Susanne, "Her life is more important."

~~~

Evewen allowed her horse to exit the river. She let him have his head and he didn't disappoint her with his speed. She had been to the coast many times, so she knew the exact way.

Evewen knew her father's ship would be in port at this time.

Posted : January 27, 2011 7:03 am
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

When Jarien mentioned his desire to inquire about the rings, Micah noted a stirring curiosity within himself as well. "The rings may be very important, Shyanne. You are right, of course, the most important thing is staying alive - but there is no sure guarantee that going to Dravon is any safer than going to the coast. It's all just guess work at this point." He sighed, not wanting there to be any division, but knowing there was clear disagreement. "I feel strongly that I should be going to the capitol - not necessarily because I assume it will be very much safer, but because I want to learn more about our enemies, and because I have a duty to see that Lady Shyanne makes it home safely." Then he looked to Jarien, and saw just as much conviction in him as in himself. "However, I can't force everyone to do what I want. If you wish to go elsewhere, that is your decision."

He stopped a moment, and thought about what he was saying. Was splitting up an option? "I don't necessarily want to split the group up, but it may come down to that. If it does, I'd rather we split more evenly. Jarien and Adi, I know you are capable of taking care of yourselves, but I think it would be better if the two of you didn't go on your own. If you must go there now, perhaps half of us could go to Dravon, and the other half to the coast?" He let the suggestion hang in the air, to see what reaction the others would provide.

Posted : January 27, 2011 9:44 am
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

Edmund looked to Micah, with loyal determination. "I follow you."

My book on Amazon Kindle

Posted : January 27, 2011 9:53 am
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

Telwyn laughed her rare, audible laugh. With a bold wink of approval at Micah, she commented, "That's just about exactly what I was going to say. But there's one other reason why going to the sea coast would not be more dangerous than going to Dravon." She glanced pointedly at Shyanne then continued to the group in general. "All the hunters have to do is talk to those bandits- which they will almost certainly do -and they know we have the Lady Shyanne with us." She pointed her finger at Shyanne in an illustrative sort of way. "She is the only person with a known tie to anyone anywhere and that-" she moved her finger to point in the direction of the capital "-is her father. We might as well leave a big bold trail saying 'Here we are! We went this way!'."
She lowered her finger and looked around at the group. "In spite of this, I still think dropping Shyanne off at Dravon is possible. We just can't stay anywhere near her Ladyship and her father and we can never! Ever! contact her again." She paused for a moment, then leaned forward slightly and in a low voice (though still loud enough for everyone else to hear) directed her next sentence to Shyanne. "They will be watching you until either they die, we die, or this whole thing blows over." She straightened and raised her voice to its usual volume, once again addressing the group.
"I don't say this to discourage you! I'm just saying, they have no reason to suspect we'd go to the coast. And in point of fact, the coast is probably safer for most of us. Though for you, mi' Lady, being with your father is probably indeed safer."
Somehow, she had managed to get through this entire speech without laughing. But suddenly her seriousness broke, her teeth flashed in the moonlight as she grinned and the lilting, half chuckling tone came back into her voice. "Splitting up is definitely an option, in my opinion. If we do, I think I shall be needed to successfully hide from the Hunters in the capitol, so, if he will have me, I shall go with Micah." She gave him her funny little half bow, half curtsy in a cheerful, half teasing way.

Posted : January 29, 2011 10:02 am
Page 5 / 23
Share: