Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Featured Roleplay: A Funny Thing Happened

Page 2 / 17
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Realizing that Cor, Kate and myself had just made a small circle of our own, I disengaged from Cor's hand and Kate's.

"If Mintoo is coming, have her go between us," I said to Kate. "Cor, take pon's hand."

I quickly grabbed Silvren's hand as the twins joined hands on the other side of her--Arin was already holding the tot's other hand. I watched Alàtariël look around for a few moments, then, as it appeared everyone else was already in the circle, she took Evory's hand, making the circle complete.

((I think everyone is in the circle...))

Posted : October 16, 2009 8:33 am
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

"You will most likely experience some nausea," Drake commented.

I was already feeling the nausea. I was really hoping Drake would get this right. The thought of being splinched did not appeal whatsoever.

Drake counted down from three and then there was a popping noise, followed by a rush of intense cold and the feeling of being squeezed. Suddenly we were at our destination.

Posted : October 16, 2009 10:01 am
greenleaf23
(@greenleaf23)
NarniaWeb Nut

I fell on my hands and knees when the explosion happened, bruising my already scraped knee. As I looked up I saw everyone begin to hold each others hands, so I figured that meant we were probably leaving. I got up as quick as I could and ran towards the circle, hoping not to be left behind. The circle was already closed, so I tried to wedge myself somewhere in it and grab someones hand quick before we left.

Avi by Visionsbeyond/Awesome sig by Flambeau! NW Sis:Jay
LiveJournal (not really too terribly empty anymore :P)
Team Hoodie!!

Posted : October 16, 2009 10:11 am
princess_of_narnia
(@princess_of_narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

A lady near me saved me from that horrible fate which I did not wish to contempate upon. She told a boy by her side to take my hand, calling him Cor and me Pon. How she knew my name, I did not know. Maybe she recognized me from my avvy of myself. I grabbed Cor's hand greatfully, looking up into a face which I had seen before. I smiled at him and began saying, "So we meet after all," but my words were cut short by the teleportation. Suddenly, we were there. Where, I had not the slightest idea.

Sig by ski_hi_flier Avvy by campgirl

Posted : October 16, 2009 10:19 am
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

((Wow, Kate must have three hands because I grabbed her hand first. :P But whatever works is fine, lol.))

I shut my eyes tightly as we Disapparated and appeared in the woods surrounding Estee. I opened my eyes slowly and released the hands I was holding, patting down myself to make sure I had not splinched anything. It was possibly the worse physical experience I had ever had. I felt even more sick. But I was able to keep in my breakfast (thankfully I had only had orange juice and so my stomach was not full at all.

I looked around me, noticing the beauty of the forest. However I could not enjoy it for my sour mood. I sat down in the dirt for a moment and dropped my head in my hands, taking several deep breaths to calm myself.

P.S."Brooklyn!"

BeautyLikeNight's Graphics
My book: The Blind Traveler

Posted : October 16, 2009 10:41 am
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

I wasn't able to keep my breakfast down and ran behind a tree to belch out my huge breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast... I came back a little later and whiped my mouth off, Scrappy poped a breath mint out of somewere in his housing. "I don''t remember putting that in there" I said "Oh well" I poped it in my mouth "Thanks"

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : October 16, 2009 10:59 am
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

((Sorry, Pon, for some reason I thought you had already introduced yourself. ;;) ))

I steady myself and smiled at the others. Back in Esteë, I felt perfectly at home, at least as at home as possible. I ran my fingers through my hair, first pulling it out of its knot, and then tying it back up again.

Arin stood up and shook her head and arms in a slightly loon-ish way, then picked up Silvren and started walking down the hillside toward the elven city. Alàtariël smiled.

"Thank you, Drake," she said, bowing slightly in his direction, then turning and following Arin. "This way!"

I followed the elves, appreciative of the persons that were not created to be all-powerful or evil or even all-knowing. While I was appreciative of Drake, I was aware, probably to a much smaller degree than Booky, at how dangerous the half-dragon could be. I thought of my own characters, and at who all, potentially could be in Esteë. I decided not to think about it.

Arin and Silvren had vanished, more likely than not because the tot was a little queasy from her ride, so I stuck to following Alàtariël, even though I was fairly confident I knew my way around the elven lands. She led us down a well worn path into the city, the afternoon light bouncing off of the white and cream buildings, creating its own little glow around the city. I smiled as we wound our ways between the hanging branches of the trees, spanish moss intertwined with the willowy bows. Then, finally, Alàtariël led us down an ever so familiar stone staircase. There was the garden piazza, overlooked by the balcony. Even being familiar with Esteë, this was an awe-inspiring sight. The elves did so much more than I ever thought of--more testament to my once-characters being smarter than I was.

We went across the piazza and over the stone porch that led into the building.

Alàtariël turned toward us and smiled.

"Welcome to Esteë."

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:40 pm
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

After the quick switch-up of who was holding who's hand, I found myself holding the hand of.... Princess? I was about to say "Well, I had hoped to meet you in a less chaotic situation...." when the teleportation happened. Fortunately, I did not get nauseous, but there was a slight side effect....

After letting go of Princess's and Kate's hand, I tried walking over to a nearby tree stump. Unfortunately, when I tried walking, I looked like I was trying to do a Jake Sparrow impression. I can do a pretty decent Jack impression, if I do say so myself, but in the present situation, it was just annoying. I finally plopped down on the stump and looked around at our new surroundings.

"Where are we, exactly?" I asked as I looked up at the tall trees that surrounded us. Everything seemed almost dream-like, very peaceful yet mysterious.

Almost immediately, the elves and Lady A started heading towards.... somewhere. I stood back up, making sure I had my balance again and then followed the elves. I was awe-struck at the city we entered, having always imagined strange, exotic buildings but to actually see them.... wow. "So, this is the elven city?" I asked Lady A as I walked up beside her, admiring the scenery.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : October 16, 2009 2:46 pm
greenleaf23
(@greenleaf23)
NarniaWeb Nut

Once the teleportation happened I immediately sat down, let go of who's hands I was holding (I still wasn't sure who, I guessed that was because I was pretty new to Ditto Town) and tried to calm my stomach. Fortunately I didn't get sick easily, but it still took a few minutes before it went away. Unfortunately I was still little wobbly, but once I finally stood up I walked over to where every one else was, for the most part, behind Lady A. I stood beside PrinceCor, "It's amazing." I replied back, even though it wasn't a question and wasn't directed towards me. It was simply incredible.

Team Hoodie!!

Posted : October 16, 2009 3:13 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

"Yes," I said, smiling. "This is one of them, some say the most beautiful."

"Come further in," Alàtariël said, leaning on the banister to the stair.

"Welcome, Travelers," a deep voice boomed. I turned around once, then finally remembered to look up. There, at the top of the staircase that we were practically standing under, was a tall dark elf.

"You are all free to wander Esteë during your stay, but I would suggest staying within the city at night, as you are strangers here. I am Neíhudir, the twins' brother."

Posted : October 16, 2009 4:29 pm
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

"Can't argue with that assessment...." I replied before the deep voiced elf welcomed us to Estee. I wonder if Derran is here... I thought as I remembered my first RP character, an elf, who I had made. I hoped, yet dreaded possibly meeting him here.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : October 16, 2009 4:37 pm
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

Apparently I got over my grief really quickly (or at least suppressed it enough to get off the forest floor), because the next thing I knew I was in a gorgeous elven city. I couldn't remember when I had gotten off the ground, or how I had walked down into the place, but here I was. I looked around, slightly dazed, wondering if I was going crazy or if I had really just lost minutes of my life.

Too upset and confused to dwell on that, I stared around me in slight awe. I jumped when Neihudir's voice boomed overhead and looked up with Ame to see the male elf. I wondered vaguely if they really were intimidated by a group of teens and young adults who obviously did not have any kind of powers at all.

P.S."Brooklyn!"

BeautyLikeNight's Graphics
My book: The Blind Traveler

Posted : October 16, 2009 4:41 pm
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

"Mhm" I said "Ellie should be around here, hope I don't run into her" I said with a shudder "If she knew she'd kill me but everything here is so beautiful" I didn't use that word often cause I thought it was girly but the truth is there is no other word for the elven city.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : October 16, 2009 4:45 pm
greenleaf23
(@greenleaf23)
NarniaWeb Nut

I couldn't stop staring at the beautiful sight, it was incredible. Somewhere way in the back of my mind it reminded me a bit of Calas Galadhon (well, now you know I can't spell), but it was even more amazing, especially in person. When Lady A said to start going down, I thought for a second. "Wait, shouldn't we figure out who all is here?" I asked. "In case someone falls behind?" After almost being left behind at the library, I was a little rattled. I knew it was my own fault, but I wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. I also really wanted to know who everyone was.

Team Hoodie!!

Posted : October 17, 2009 2:22 am
princess_of_narnia
(@princess_of_narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Though I might not have know where I was, I did know a couple of things. That I never wanted to be teleported again, and that I was sick. Totally sick. I swallowed several times, trying to keep from embarassing myself, and thankfully I had a strong stomach.
Everyone else was getting up quickly and following several girls. Trailing along behind (it always seemed like I was trailing), everyone stopped, their faces glowing with awe. I looked around them and then I stopped. "Wow!" That was all I could say. I was speechless. The most beautiful sight was before me.
In reply to the girl next to me, I said, "Yeah, that's a great idea. I think we should introduce ourselves."

Sig by ski_hi_flier Avvy by campgirl

Posted : October 17, 2009 3:19 am
Page 2 / 17
Share: