Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Featured Roleplay: A Funny Thing Happened

Page 12 / 17
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

"I hope this works" was what I was about to say when Ryan's wings started growing. "Whoa! Nice." I said as I quickly dodged a wing that had suddenly popped out of our friends back.

To say I was excited to be able to get any sort of superpower would be an understatement. I quickly grabbed a pen and paper and sat down to write. There seems to be a secret Law to the Universe that whenever you actually need to be creative in your writing.... your mind goes blank. There was all sorts of great powers I had seen or read about, but I couldn't for the life of me think of any.

In the end, I decided to "borrow" some of the powers from my favorite RP character: Neal. Levitation and teleporting with shadows sounded good. Just add a blaster with a stun setting and there you go. Oh yeah! and a fedora....

After I finished writing, I set down the pen and leaned back in my chair and waited...... "How exactly do you know if this has worked?" I asked after a few minutes to no one in particular.

--------------------

"You'll know soon enough." Derran said with a smile and nod.

---------------------

"Oh.... alright," I said as I looked over the table in front of me. "Might as well give it a shot..." I muttered as I extended my right hand towards a cup on the other side of the table. At first nothing happened, but then the glass began to wobble as though a mini tremor was underneath it and then.... it was in my hand. "Yes!!! It works!!!" I exclaimed as I jumped up from my seat.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : May 18, 2010 8:32 am
Captn. Peregrin
(@captn-peregrin)
NarniaWeb Nut

I grabbed a pencil and slowly sat down, thinking. I wasn't too keen on superpowers, and I wouldn't really use weapons, no matter how cool they might be. Then, I recalled an abandoned concept of mine for one of my many yet-to-be-written (most likely ne'er-to-be-written) stories. Cliched, perhaps, but it could be useful. I figured I might as well give myself some nicer, less conspicuous, and warmer clothes (not to mention less pink) while I was at it. So I wrote, somewhat hesitantly, and with so much scribbling and erasing that I could barely read it myself. Then I waited.

After a few moments, I found myself wearing a dark blue, Narnian/Eowyn-ish dress, loosely based on a dress my mom had made for me a few Christmases ago (but much less costumey). I reached into a small leather pouch hanging from my side and pulled out a small, sufficiently unusual-looking goblet/cup/thing. It was shaped a lot like a sugar cone, except a bit more slender, and ever so slightly curved, its tip fixed in a base of polished wood. The cup itself was silvery-grey, with a grain that spiraled down toward the tip, of a substance that felt something like ivory (or so I'd wrote - I didn't really know what ivory felt like). I pondered whether to explain its use now, or wait until it was needed before producing it triumphantly.

sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

Posted : May 18, 2010 9:06 am
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

I picked up a pencil and sat down to write my own augmentation. Now that I could give myself any superpower I wanted, I suddenly wasn't sure just what I wanted. Were I a girl, I'd pick Slayer powers in a heartbeat, but being a guy, I wasn't sure if they'd work. Giving myself Jacob powers briefly occurred to me, but considering how ill-defined they were, I didn't think that was a good idea. And then my mind turned to one of my favorite comic book series, The Runaways. Specifically, the team leader, Nico Minoru. I carefully wrote what I wanted on the paper and then stood up, waiting for something to happen.

"Anyone have a knife? Or something sharp? I'm going to need it in a few seconds," I said and then grabbed the paper back up and scribbled wildly. "Sonic screwdriver! Almost forgot the sonic!"

Posted : May 18, 2010 12:43 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

The first thing that I started to notice had changed was that I suddenly felt much more aware of everything. It was like a blanket had been taken off of my senses and I could feel, see, hear, and even taste everything more acutely.

I gulped for courage before trying something out. I reached out towards a pencil with my mind and tried to tug it towards me. The pencil only jiggled a tiny bit, and then was still. That was when I realized something: jedi training takes years. All I had asked for was force sensitivity, no skills. I might have been force sensitive now, but my powers were nowhere near focused. I sighed. How was I going to be of any help?

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

Posted : May 18, 2010 3:44 pm
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

"I looked at booky then pulled out a small hunting knife I always kept in its holster on my belt. Then tossed it to him- with the holster on of course, "My dad will kill me if he finds out I let somebody use it, just don't maim anyone with it... It's sharp"

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : May 18, 2010 4:08 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

"Oh, it's okay. I'm not going to maim anyone. Just me," I said with what I hoped was a roguish smirk. Then I slipped the knife out of its holster and examined the blade. Nice and sharp, of course. It would make this next bit easier.

"Never did like the sight of blood," I said with a grimace and then quickly swiped the knife blade down my left thumb. There was a beat and then I felt my mouth shaping words of its own accord,"When blood is shed, let the Staff of One emerge."

I looked down at my chest and watched in fascination as a long dark-colored staff slid out of it. The emerging staff did no damage to my clothing, passing through them as if they didn't exist. When it was finished coming out, I held the Staff of One and looked for something to test it on. I didn't want to waste a good spell so I decided to go for something non-battle oriented.

I concentrated, focusing my mind on the proper emotions and thoughts needed to use the Staff and said two words," Snow day." I could feel a surge of power from the Staff and then a group of miniature clouds formed in the center of the room and snow flakes began to gently drift from them.

"Yeah, guess it works," I said and smiled happily. I glanced down at the table and bit back a squeal of sheer fanboy glee. There was a dull silver tube resting on the table, slightly larger than a ballpoint pin. I snatched it up, ignoring the twinge of pain from my wounded thumb and switched the sonic screwdriver on. I knew instinctively how to use its every function, which only added to my glee.

Posted : May 18, 2010 9:04 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

"She's but a child." Jamison said. "And her hair is not the right color for her to be Maria. We merely thought that someone appearing out of the fountain was suspicious and decided to hold her until we consulted you."

He held back from blaming Harry and Hank for picking up the wrong person. A feeling inside him told Jamison that the Captain didn't like people throwing blame around.

-------

I watched Booky in fascination. "What does a sonic screwdriver do?" I asked.

Posted : May 19, 2010 5:16 am
Captn. Peregrin
(@captn-peregrin)
NarniaWeb Nut

"Is it something like a hydrospanner, only different series?" I asked. I fingered the cup idly. It looked odd enough, but it certainly didn't feel magical. All the other things are working properly, so why shouldn't this?

But all those other things had been written about before, while this only existed in my head until now. Besides, it couldn't hurt to make sure. I paused a moment, then remembered Booky. I got up, found a pitcher of water, and filled the cup. Then I went over to Booky. "Here," I said shyly, offering him the cup. "Put a bit of this water on your thumb. It should help." I prayed that it would do what I wanted it to. Healing wasn't supposed to be its only power, but I'd never gotten around to figuring out the mechanics of it, so I'd just written that it healed things so that I wouldn't have to worry about accidentally inducing something like amnesia or death.

sig by me

But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

Posted : May 19, 2010 8:00 am
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

"What does a sonic screwdriver do? Pretty much everything. Unlock doors, relock them, repair equipment, make cell phones able to make calls through time and space, shatter glass. It's pretty awesome," I told sweeet.

When Peregrin handed me her cup, I slipped the sonic screwdriver into my pocket and then carefully dripped water from the cup onto my thumb. I watched the wound curiously, waiting for something to happen. After a second, the wound sealed up and then vanished, leaving smooth unbroken skin behind.

"Wow, thanks!" I said, returning the cup. I turned back to the table to pick the Staff of One back up and saw something resting over a chair that I'd completely forgotten about writing, a coat just like the Tenth Doctor's coat. It was something I'd wanted to own ever since the first time I saw him wear it.

"Could this day get any better?" I asked rhetorically as I slipped the coat on. It was the perfect size to fit me. I reached in the pockets experimentally, wondering if the pockets were bigger on the inside than the outside. I was disappointed to realize they weren't, but then I'd never been entirely certain how one ever got stuff back out of the Doctor's pockets.

Posted : May 19, 2010 12:27 pm
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

After all the excitement was over I realised we still had a job to do "To be brutally honest Booky. Your wrong, from here this day is likely going to get worse, from here on out we get to attempt to save Dittotopia" I said with a firm smile on my face.

I hate being a johnny rain cloud but it's in my nature to be pessimistic... I think I get it from reading Glumpuddle's posts far to much, I could try to be happy, but it would turn into a sort of a 'this is where the fun begins" line.

Plus we all know how well the dialogue for that movie was written. Not even going to go there, now I turned to bookwyrm "Before we get into that however, could I please have my knife back?" I asked him.

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : May 19, 2010 1:58 pm
lover of narnia
(@lover-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

"My minds larger than yours..." I murmured rudely under my breath. It was meant to only be heard by my ears, so I hoped she hadn't caught it. Worst nightmare? I thought, wondering how anyone could be that bad. The giggle that came forth after her sentence didn't make me so confident at her sincerity. She's just trying to scare me! No one can be that bad...and besides...this is all a dream though I doubted my own thoughts. If this was only a dream, why did her grip hurt and why was I afraid? It made me almost irritated....I knew now that doing math was better than this. But still....wasn't it adventure? I always wrote and played out stories of danger...but I never thought of the reality of living one. Ditto town was fun, when you weren't in it. When you were writing it and controlling the events, but when it came to this not so much. I cringed as the noise of ships engines pounded in my ears like beats of my heart. Who was this man that was supposed to scare me? Was he really what she had said? What was I to except. I was silent as they led me in. But my curiousness mounted and I asked "Why do you want me? I'm just a simple girl...trying to...figure out what’s going on. I mean...please...come one let me go"

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6

Posted : May 20, 2010 7:54 am
qwertykate88
(@qwertykate88)
NarniaWeb Nut

Per usual, I had been lurking nearby in uncharacteristic silence, consumed by thoughts of homework that I probably would never finish now. Somehow that didn't sound so awful... unless we all died. Homework or death, death or homework? "Bet I'm going to miss the wedding too," I muttered to myself, thinking of my friend who had recently gotten engaged.

I watched as Ryan suddenly sprouted wings, Nathanael was gifted with a sonic screwdriver (jealous!), and Tina started juggling writing utensils with her mind. Pursing my lips, I dug around in my pocket for my faithful Paper Mate pen. Mintoo peered over my shoulder, her eyes growing wide at the sight of a previously undiscovered treasure.

Writing on my arm, I didn't really think very hard about a specific super power or weapon that I wanted to have; I just wanted to see if this would actually work. Mintoo leaned in closer, her fur starting to quiver as she slowly lost a grip on her curiosity of the object I was holding. As soon as she reached for it, however, I disappeared from where I was sitting.

Mintoo shrieked and fell forward into the empty space.

I reappeared by Ryan's feet in a similar fashion to the X-Men Nightcrawler's teleportation power (only without the smell or the noise) and smirked.

"Cool."

Posted : May 20, 2010 10:05 am
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

Claric laughed at Lonnie, rudely and loudly. That was pretty much all, besides pushing her forward with his blaster.

----

((OOC: Technically, I nudged the pencil. I didn't do anything with it because I'm only force sensitive now, not trained))

I watched Kate in fascination and mild jealousy. Everyone combined seemed like one of the coolest superhero teams ever. I looked back at Booky, who was explaining the screwdriver to me, "Sounds useful!"

Posted : May 20, 2010 10:55 am
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

"Just a second, let me finish cleaning it," I told Joe. I was running the sonic screwdriver over the knife blade, erasing any traces of blood left on it. Once I was done, I reholstered the knife and tossed it to him.

"Too bad you didn't think to throw in a tail and mad cool acrobat powers, Kate," I commented as she teleported around the room.

Posted : May 20, 2010 11:07 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

There was one more thing to try out before I could call this a success: shadow hopping. I had always imagined shadow hopping as a painless experience and just hoped that this would be the case in Real Life.... or whatever type of Life we were in at the present.

I walked over to a shadowy part of the elven courtyard where the shadows were darkest. "Here goes everything...." I muttered before taking a few steps into the darkness. Sure enough it worked. For a brief moment everything went black.... then I could see everyone standing around and trying out their powers, but everything had a black&white look to it. There were spots dotted all around that looked like mirrors where everything looked normal. Must be other entrances/exits.... I though as I walked over to one of the mirror/window/portal things and stepped through it. Next thing I knew, I was standing under a tree a few feet away from Derran.

"This is completely amazing!!! Much cooler than I ever imagined it being!" I said happily as I walked up to the elf.

"These appeared while you were gone. You might need this... and this." Derran said as he handed me a blaster and a fedora. "I hope you know how to use that thing." He added as I admired the blaster before sticking it into the holster it came in.

"I'm sure I'll figure it out. I've seen Michael York after all...." I added with a grin. The reference was apparently lost on the elf as he merely gave me a funny look before shaking his head.

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : May 20, 2010 11:30 am
Page 12 / 17
Share: