Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Ditto Fountain I

Page 114 / 114
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters

Isla gave the door a sharp knock and then pulled her coat closer. A few moments later, the door swung inward and a woman with rosy cheeks greeted them. "Isla! Falcon!" She rubbed her arms against the chilly air and said, "Please, come in. It's cold out there."

Isla and Falcon entered the small abode. The inside of the house was warm and the lingering smell of dinner hung in the air. "Tabitha," Isla began, "we're very sorry to bother you, but we had a few questions..."

"About the inn, you mean?" Tabitha asked as she took Falcon's coat. "I won't be able to tell you much, but I hope it'll be enough."

"Anything is enough." Isla said, smiling and removing her coat. She hung it by the door and sat in the seat that Tabitha motioned to.

"Can I get you some food? Water? Tea?" Tabitha asked, moving toward the small kitchen.

"I'll take some tea." Isla said.

Tabitha got a mug of tea for Isla, Falcon and herself. "My husband is trying to survey the damage at the inn. He says it's very bad. I haven't been over there myself in quite a few days."

"What exactly happened?" Isla asked, taking a sip of the hot tea.

Tabitha took a deep breath and began to tell them the tragic tale.

~~~

Sephora dumped the last few sips of her tea into the fire and set the mug next to the stones that surrounded the firepit. "Well, I'm off to bed. I feel quite drained."

She let out a sharp whistle. "Head to bed, gents and ladies. We have a big day tomorrow." After giving the command, she walked toward her own tent.

~~~

Shyanne leaned her head against the wall. She was tired and worn out. It didn't take her long to succumb to sleep.

~~~

A few hours had passed; the sky was now completely dark. Most of the minutes had been spent in awkward silence, but for Evewen they seemed to go by very fast.

She looked at Micah. "Time to go."

"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up

Posted : January 12, 2011 2:56 pm
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters

Micah stood as the woman announced that it was time to go, more than willing to begin the rescue of his friends. "Then lets move," he replied quickly, motioning for both Telwyn and the bandit to exit the cave.

"Hold on," Micah said, stopping short. "You haven't mentioned your name yet. If you're going to help me rescue my companions, I think I should know your name."

"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia

Posted : January 12, 2011 3:18 pm
Page 114 / 114
Share: