Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Blossom Festival Mansion 2021

Page 2 / 4
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

"Packs of six, you say?" said Mel. "With variety, or did you get only the one color?" She turned to acknowledge Molly, and her eyes widened as she took in the gingerbread booth. It looked like an elaborate spring dessert, and Mel had to lick her chops. "Hullo, Molly! So good to see you too!"

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : April 2, 2021 7:46 pm
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

"I'm Molly Brown," Molly said, shaking hands with Lauren.  "What a nice day for a festival--think how awful it would have been if it had rained."  She reached into her pocket, and pulled out a brown paper bag.  "Anyone for a necklace?" 

She held up a multi-coloured string of mini-eggs.  "There's enough for everyone to have one--wear them for the day, eat them right away, save them for posterity--whatever you like.  They're not chocolate, Mel, so I think it's safe for you to have, and the length is adjustable, too."

Spotting someone else come up behind the others, Molly turned to offer the newcomer one as well.  She gave a bit of a gasp, then smiled broadly.  It wasn't often that she met someone with hair as bright as her own, and certainly not an elf.

"Hi, I'm Molly; I don't think I've met you before.  Would you care to have a necklace?"

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

Posted : April 2, 2021 9:56 pm
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

"I am Sylverele Moonshadow," the elf replied with a smile of her own and then looked at the necklace, "I would love one." She said with a slight nod of her head, "It is nice to meet you." She wanted to add, "I am new here" but judging by the look on her face that was obvious. Sylverele also had not expected a necklace and was quite thankful for such a kind gesture.

"This is a nice...festival?" She enquired, hoping she was right in her earlier assumption.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

Posted : April 4, 2021 9:07 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

"Oh, thank you!" Mel accepted the string of mini-eggs from Molly. She'd wear them just long enough that the bright foil did not disappear into her neck fur. It was a sweet start to the festival, and Mel was touched at the thoughtfulness of having a non-chocolate treat. 

"It's nice to meet you, Sylverele," Mel barked. This time, she was going to remember the names of the folks she met. Well, she'd try. It might take her a couple of years, depending on how often they met. "I'm Mel. It is a nice festival, isn't it? Everyone has done a lovely job with the decorations! I love winter, but now that it's spring, I love the flowers and buds and seeing green grass again."

Posted : April 6, 2021 8:08 am
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

“Molly!” Kaelin exclaimed, almost as if she hadn’t spent the morning hovering around the stewardess-turned-confectioner’s table. “This is the prettiest stand of all, Maeve. It’s just so cool. Oh hey, it’s Mel!”

Maeve followed her sister, smiling and dispensing pleasantries to all. She gave the newcomer a quick inspection, a sort of gauging of histories that was most likely missed by all except the elf herself, then inclined her head in greeting.

“Welcome to Ditto Town, Sylverele,” she said. “May you find peace and rest here when you need it.”

Posted : April 6, 2021 11:54 pm
Arwenel
(@arin)
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Hospitality Committee

Ian happily took a necklace. "I'll take Lauren's, too. She hates sweets." 

"I do not hate sweets, I just don't have a ludicrously huge sweet tooth, like some people." Lauren glanced awkwardly at the newcomer; she hoped they weren't making a bad impression. She smiled at Sylverele and gave her a friendly wave.

Ian shrugged, mouth already full of mini egg. "Don't remember what colors there are, but they're not all blue, Mel," he said, once he'd swallowed. "Stop by our place -- oh, wait, no, I left it at the booth for some reason." He pointed in a general direction. "Speaking of, I'd better go and finish setting up. Anybody going digging for buried treasure should look for the blue booth with the pirate ship on the front."

"Is that what it was supposed to be," Lauren said, smirking. She had seen Ian drawing it at their house. "Looked more like a deformed chicken."

"I'm not going to dignify that with a response," Ian said.

Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it. - Rabbi Tarfon

Posted : April 7, 2021 12:46 am
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

Sylverele smiled at Mel, "It is a nice festival, and its nice to meet you Mel." She was starting to feel a little more at ease now with getting to know people. "I enjoy summer the most but spring is my second favourite I would think.

The elf then turned her attention to Maeve, "Thank you, it is really nice here." Sylverele smiled again, a little more sure of herself, I can really relax here? She thought quietly, that had not been a luxury she had in a long time with the adventures she always was roped into.

Sylvere then caught the wave and smile from Lauren and waved back politely and said, "hello." All these greetings and niceties were not something she was used to and welcomed them wholeheartedly. This would be fun if that was the correct word to use, she still looked around her shoulder for any danger but saw none and relaxed again.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

Posted : April 8, 2021 7:05 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

{{ cut-scene montage of Mel wandering through the festival, trying the bean-bag toss (with minimal success; her best throw was the one where the bean-bag flew up in the air, only to come down on her own nose), stopping to smell the roses, and eating an entire plate of hot-cross buns }}

Posted by: @valiantarcher

a stall filled with flowers - buckets of them were sitting on a table at the front, on the ground in front of the table, and hanging from the sides of the stall. The labels proclaimed roses, daffodils, lilies, lilacs, carnations, and more were on display

Still licking her chops, hoping to find one last crumb, Mel found herself next to a stall that had been literally covered with flowers. It wasn't unusual, except for the profusion of blooms--most of the folks here had gone all out with bunting, flowers, or their theme. Putting her front feet up on one of the stools in front that hadn't been used as a flower stand, Mel peered at the young woman who was diligently plaiting buttercups into a chain. 

"Oh, that's beautiful!" she barked.

Posted : April 11, 2021 3:10 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Posted by: @mel

"Oh, that's beautiful!" she barked.

Moira turned around and saw a familiar face from the Holiday party, though she had never gotten a chance to be introduced.

"Thank you," she said, tying the ends together on her wreath and holding it out for the dog to take a closer look. "Are you looking to make one - I'm sorry, I don't think we've met. I'm Moira."

---

The bull had spent a little time investigating the grounds without much success. He'd found a pile of feed sacks, but a quick nosing revealed they were empty and another few minutes of wandering revealed a signboard proclaiming a "Sack Race" under the heading "Fun Games for Everyone".

"Not everyone!" he snorted. "A sack race sounds like a recipe for a broken leg - and I know what that means."

The three-legged race was also out on that account, and he couldn't think how to manage a wheelbarrow race. The egg-toss seemed distinctly geared towards humans. The piggy-back race was a possibility - if there was a prize, it might be worth the indignity of giving someone a ride in front of all the festival-goers.

In the meantime, though, it was high time to find something to eat, so he trotted back towards the booths.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Posted : April 12, 2021 7:08 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator
Posted by: @valiantarcher

"Are you looking to make one - I'm sorry, I don't think we've met. I'm Moira."

"I'm Mel; it's a pleasure to meet you Moira." Mel sniffed at the flower crown Moira extended, noting the way the stems were woven together. She chuckled. "I don't think I have the dexterity to make something like this. Did you have to practice a lot?"

Posted : April 14, 2021 8:20 pm
Still Aboard the Dawn Treader
(@dawntreader)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ahelissa O'Dochartaigh strolled through the entrance of the Festival. It was her first time visiting the Blossom Festival, and she was delighted by the myriad of bright decorations that filled the place. Cheery and optimistic by nature, Ahelissa laughed with the sheer joy that she felt. She couldn't wait to explore! She impatiently shifted a large wooden instrument case that she carried. As she came upon a busy open area, she scanned the faces bustling about. All were unfamiliar, and she was delighted with the prospect of meeting new people. She was a bit amused at the sight of an enormous bull wandering around, and of a dog that seemed to be talking to someone in an extravagant, flowery booth. Ahelissa shrugged light-heartedly, then continued strolling up and down the paths. She spotted a booth that advertised mud pits. She was most definitely going to check that out! But first, she explored the shops and booths. She bought a few items that caught her interest, including a flower garland necklace and some candy. Satisfied, she decided it was time to search for the perfect spot to begin a performance. Her instrument case was growing heavy, so she chose a nice spot underneath a flowering tree to begin. The area was not too crowded, and it was large and open. She sat down underneath the tree and open the clasps on her instrument case. A few random passers-by glanced at her curiously, most likely wondering what she was doing. From her instrument case, she withdrew what looked like a strange bundle of sticks and leather. She situated her instrument into its proper place with the leather extensions underneath her arms and the sticks in front of her. Then she closed her eyes and began to play her instrument. Her Uilleann pipes were one of her most prized possessions, and she loved to produce the intricate melodies that poured from the pipes for the enjoyment of others. The lilting music was perfect for the festival, she thought.

"They turned and saw the Lion himself, so bright and real and strong that everything else began at once to look pale and shadowy compared with him."
-The Silver Chair
“Freedom that is not fought for, that is not gained by personal sacrifice is freedom that will never last, because in the heart of the one set free, it will have little value. A treasure that costs nothing is a treasure that is easily neglected and lost.”
― Bryan Davis, Liberator

Posted : April 15, 2021 9:58 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Posted by: @mel

"I don't think I have the dexterity to make something like this. Did you have to practice a lot?"

"I wouldn't say that. I've made a few before, though, so I knew how to go about it," Moira replied. "Actually, would you like this one? Or I can make you a new one, if you would like?"

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Posted : April 16, 2021 4:43 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

Maeve had left Kaelin to the confectionary delights booth and begun wandering from space to space, greeting various friends and acquaintances as she did so. Demeter had definitely outdone herself, with plenty of blooms all about.

The lilt of pipe music soon attracted her attention, so Maeve followed the sounds to their source. A young woman was playing; the instrument was something Maeve had only heard referred to as Christmas Pipes. She was fairly sure that was not their proper name, but whatever they were called, she appreciated the sound. 

Maeve clapped as the player finished her last few notes.

”Absolutely gorgeous!”

Posted : April 18, 2021 9:02 pm
Still Aboard the Dawn Treader
(@dawntreader)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ahelissa looked up and grinned at the stranger in front of her. She set her pipes carefully back inside her wooden case.“Thank you! Are you enjoying the festival so far?” She stood and extended her arm toward the young woman. “I’m Ahelissa, by the way. Ahelissa O'Dochartaigh.”

"They turned and saw the Lion himself, so bright and real and strong that everything else began at once to look pale and shadowy compared with him."
-The Silver Chair
“Freedom that is not fought for, that is not gained by personal sacrifice is freedom that will never last, because in the heart of the one set free, it will have little value. A treasure that costs nothing is a treasure that is easily neglected and lost.”
― Bryan Davis, Liberator

Posted : April 19, 2021 1:55 pm
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

"I do apologize, but as a rule I don't shake hands. I'm Maeve," she replied with a smile. "It's wonderful to meet you, Ahelissa, especially on such a wonderful day. How long have you been playing?"

Posted : April 21, 2021 1:12 am
Page 2 / 4
Share: