Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Ramandu's Daughter (Original Ideas)

Page 4 / 5
Gretel
(@gretel)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Oooh! Everyone has such lovely ideas!! Personally I think of it as a pale,silvery blue light-weight fabric with loose, swirly embroidery in silver and maybe blue. I also think it to be like Arwen's dream dress (but a bit more modest ;) ), and floor length with a small train. :)

Posted : April 10, 2010 9:40 am
Wunderkind4HIM
(@wunderkind4him)
NarniaWeb Regular

I do believe the book says that her arms are bare but I do not know about her feet. I aways pictured her bare footed. I like these may be in this colour or this:
http://www.shoparteffect.com/assets/detail/AET06114.jpg

http://houseoffraser.scene7.com/is/image/HOF/I_126597296_00_20090817

This is my favourite

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C. S. Lewis

Posted : April 29, 2010 5:32 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

There's a lot of great input here! I agree with the general consensus of simple but elegant, and I do feel that Ramda and Ramandu should be barefoot.

I'd like to add that she should have flowers in her hair for at least one scene. Not any big or showy variety, just one or two smaller types in harmonizing colors.

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : April 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Wunderkind4HIM
(@wunderkind4him)
NarniaWeb Regular

I like that idea, Adeona!

Like this?

With maybe these?

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~C. S. Lewis

Posted : May 4, 2010 3:59 am
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

Yes, like that! Though I personally would prefer a slightly more casual hairdo and a little more color to the flowers. But that's pretty much what I was going for, yep. :)

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : May 5, 2010 1:22 pm
A_Narnian_Ship
(@a_narnian_ship)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wunderkind4HIM, I love the curls! I think the flowers would look beautiful!

I saw the movie....and was disappointed

Posted : May 13, 2010 2:30 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Wunderkind4HIM, the hairstyle you posted is 100 percent exactly how pictured RD's hair to look, I just hope the hair is longer for Laura. :)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : May 14, 2010 5:07 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

ooh! that ^^ would be perfect for RD! though the flowers should glow or something since she's a star's daughter! ;))

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : May 18, 2010 10:30 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Those flower pedals would be so pretty to place in RD's hair and I agree with LH they should definitely glow in her hair. The hairstyle too would be perfect.

Posted : May 18, 2010 6:57 pm
Lady Éowyn
(@lady-eowyn)
NarniaWeb Regular

Didn't think about it when I posted the new picture, but I went ahead now and split the recent posts into a new topic for the actual movie costume discussion. Feel free to continue posting ideas and concepts here. :)

Topic starter Posted : May 26, 2010 5:58 pm
Pepper Darcy
(@pepper-darcy)
NarniaWeb Nut

hmmm, I wonder could people post concept art for Lilliandil (original ideas) for like the Silver Chair... what she may have been wearing when she was bit by the serpant and her funeral array? (They would be Narnian clothes of course but with maybe a hint of her 'star' sorts of clothes?) Maybe she wears dark blue a lot with silver emroidery that is heavily beaded with crystal gems? Just wondering if that's allowed...

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:

Posted : July 20, 2010 6:54 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

^I imagined in SC Lilliandil could wear something similar to Susan's farewell dress in PC, like the sleevless part with the cuffs. That would look pretty for Lilliandil. :)

Posted : July 20, 2010 6:19 pm
sillygoose
(@sillygoose)
NarniaWeb Nut

oh Wunderkind4HIM, that hair style is absolutely gorgeous. It looks like something Ramandu's Daughter would wear. It looks innocent and simple yet elegant. Lol I'm kind of jealous and wish my hair was at least slightly wavy so I could pull off that hair style.

Team Edward and Team Jacob are overrated. I'm Team Avatar!

Find me on Tumblr!
http://inside-the-mind-of-a-nerddess.tumblr.com/

Avvie by Rising_Star

Posted : July 21, 2010 7:27 pm
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think that the last dress that Lady E posted on page 1would do really well (with slight changes) for the LofGK. I know this isn't really the point but just thought I'd through my idea into the mix. I liked the dress that they used for Ramandu's daughter in the film but I do love all the ideas here. :)

Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum

Posted : January 5, 2011 9:05 am
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Here is how I drew her. The hair is not like in the book. I agree with lady Eowyn that a Grecian look is close. The book says she is wearing a single garment which would imply one piece.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

Posted : January 26, 2011 9:14 am
Page 4 / 5
Share: