Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Narnia Style Day

Page 7 / 8
Son of Narnia
(@son-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

If Narnia Style Day is still open for debate, I personally think sometime in mid-May, like between May 12 and May 16. That seems an appropriate time to me. Your thoughts on that?

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him.

-Colossians 2:6

Posted : April 26, 2011 2:25 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm good with that. It'd be soon enough but give people time to prepare. :D

Lu

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : April 26, 2011 2:31 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

Eustace, I'm looking forward to those pictures! Most importantly, though, did you have a good time? :)

Son of Narnia, we are definitely open for debate. Thanks for sharing your opinion! I personally think that would be a good choice. I'm planning to open a poll tomorrow or Thursday asking about dates in mid-May through early June.

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : April 26, 2011 8:55 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)

Forgive me for double-posting, oh Moderators! :p

The long-promised Narnia Style Day poll is up here. Please go vote for the weekend you'd like best for our festivites!

Also, here are few icons I made that anyone can use to promote NSD:

If you want to use any, you don't have to ask. Just go ahead. No credit needed, though it's nice if you want! Also feel free to use these on other websites to share about what we've got planned.
I will make more once we've settled on a date. :) And don't forget about Meltintalle's beautiful sigs on page 5!

- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : April 28, 2011 1:36 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

and.....I missed it again. :P I meant to do it, but then that weekend I was really busy and so I forgot. whoops :P
I'll have to try again next year :D :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : May 6, 2011 12:11 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

It hasn't happened yet, Libby. Still voting! Follow the link in Adeona's above post. :D

Hope you can join in!

Lu

Posted : May 7, 2011 3:10 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)

All righty, from the poll we've decided to go with May 21-22nd as a sort of Narnia Style Weekend from which you can select Saturday or Sunday as your Narnia Style Day. :)

These are our positive dates for this year. Of course, you can choose a date on your own, but the more people are participating at once, the more fun it is! :D

So this is rather short notice, as our dates are next weekend. But lets all do what we can to spread the word! Mention it on your blog or facebook. I'm going to make a post about it on my LiveJournal. :)

How are the outfit plans coming along? :- I'm probably going to wear the same VDT Lucy costume I put together for the movie opening. White blouse, blue jeans, costume tunic, leather riding boots. Remember that you can wear either a costume copied from the movies, a Narnian-inspired outfit, or just "What Queen Susan/Lucy/Lilliandil would wear from my closet" :) Don't forget to accessorize with shoes or sandals, pretty jewelry, etc! :)

- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : May 15, 2011 7:49 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I am actually planning on doing both days! :D Because how fun would that be?

Posted : May 16, 2011 11:40 am
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

ok, so for narnia style day me and my friends are going as reepicheep, lucy, and susan around saratoga springs, ny. And we may even have people to be peter, caspian, edmund, and eustace! should be fun. we are going to celebrate saturday, and then I will wear someting narniash on sunday to church! If you want to be part of it just message me!

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

Posted : May 18, 2011 3:33 am
Adeona
(@adeona)

That sounds great! :) Thanks for sharing your plans! I'm too far away to join your group, though - I live in Alaska. :p

Lucy of Narnia, you're right, that would be a lot of fun. I may do the same. Or at least wear a little something Narnian on both days, if not full costume. :)

- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : May 18, 2011 10:10 am
LittleLionTamer
(@littleliontamer)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ohh, I am so gonna participating! That sounds like a lot of fun :)

I don't know yet if I will have the Farewell gown ready till this weekend (I shall have it though for the next, that's literally my deadline.) because I am still in the middle of painting the pattern on it, but I do have backup! I think I will go as Susan and wear the dress I sewed for my Lady Amalthea cosplay. It does look pretty medieval and I think Susan would wear it too. And, because that is just too awesome to be true, I am gonna wear it to claim the Disney Store that just opened this wednesday here in Dublin! I am really excited, it warms up my little Disney heart so much and It would be cool because the first two movies have been presented by Disney :) Maybe they even have some Narnia Merchandise there.

"But I'm always dreaming, even when I'm awake; it is never finished."

Posted : May 18, 2011 11:36 pm
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm going to be participating in MY FIRST NARNIAN STYLE DAY!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! :D
I'm wearing a pair of tall boots, navy blue sweatpants, and a blouse that's pleated in front. It'll be REALLY FUN for me because I'm going to a fine arts festival at my school and people will be like WHAT!
*edit*-I'm wearing a nightdress like Lucy's to bed

made by katherine

Posted : May 20, 2011 1:16 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Well, tomorrow's the day. :D I think I'll end up wearing a white 1940's dress instead of the train station outfit because I don't think it's all ready...if it is ready, I'd prefer to wear it as it is so much more Narnia-ish. :D Here's to hoping!

Posted : May 20, 2011 3:28 pm
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

Getting ready to go to Saratoga Springs for Narnia style day! Now to pick just one outfit =))

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

Posted : May 21, 2011 9:33 am
LittleLionTamer
(@littleliontamer)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hey guys!! I didn't actually I'd make it with this horrible weather but it actually turned out nice in the end. (This morning it was literally the end of the world. That's Ireland for you I guess XD)

So, as I said, my farewell gown is not finished yet BUT i grabbed the one I used for Lady Amalthea. I thought it would fit Susan quite well. And sadly it's the only medieval looking thing I have :(
Here are some pics I took!

"But I'm always dreaming, even when I'm awake; it is never finished."

Posted : May 22, 2011 8:18 am
Page 7 / 8
Share: