Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Were The Pevensie actors Tutored?

Anne Keresei
(@keresei)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I'm curious whether the actors for the Pevensie siblings had been tutored during the filming of "Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe". It's not something I've heard about unlike the Harry Potter cast.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 10, 2024 2:19 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

There was certainly some dialogue coaching; Georgie in particular came from a different part of England and had a different dialect. Only Will really had the type of accent the Pevensies needed. 

They did have to do school work during the day (required by law in England, probably the same in NZ), and they rehearsed their scenes before shooting. 

Edit:  I doubt they were given any sort of acting tutoring, as the makers wanted them as natural as possible. 

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 10, 2024 3:45 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

Patricia Quirke is credited as the Supervising Tutor on LWW

https://m.imdb.com/name/nm0704347/

Exactly what she tutored in is unclear, but I would assume all the children still followed the standard UK national curriculum while they were filming.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2024 11:02 am
coracle and Col Klink liked
Share: