Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Peter - William Moseley

Page 8 / 10
amdd97
(@amdd97)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I would like to see Peter in HHB,but be perfectly fine if I don't/

O.K, has anyone here seen his hair(just saying)

"I am on Aslan's side even if there is no Aslan. I will live as a Narnian even if there is no Narnia"

Posted : February 7, 2011 1:11 pm
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

I have and I find it manly and quite handsome. I wonder if he and Will Poulter got a long well?

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : February 8, 2011 3:18 am
Valiant
(@valiant)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm not a fan of the hair....But whatever makes him happy I guess. ;)
I just don't like long hair on men. Personal taste I suppose.

Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic

Posted : February 8, 2011 10:19 am
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

@eustacegirl, I think they did. At a press junket, after being asked if they got anything from production, Ben said he tried to get Will, but they wouldn't let him! =))

So, I think they got along greatly! ;)

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : February 8, 2011 11:30 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

^^ um, Ben meant Will Poulter, not Will Moseley..... :D

well, Will P and Will M got to meet at the premiere at least!

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : February 9, 2011 8:50 am
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

^Oh, whoops! I think it's starting to get really complicated with two Wills! Hopefully (unless it's a great actor), we won't get a third one! :D

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : February 9, 2011 5:15 pm
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

Yeah! I was wondering if the two Wills got along! Oh a third Will willl be funny! How abotu an actor named Will plays RIlian! Hey maybe prince WIlliam could play him! HAHA!

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : February 10, 2011 9:23 am
WillMo for_the_win
(@willmo-for_the_win)
NarniaWeb Regular

Speaking of Prince William, William Moseley can perfect the role of the Prince! I believe that he'll be so great and fantastic in this role, especially that Prince William is going to get married and soon be the King of England! And roles like this come once in an actor's life. Look at Helen Mirren as Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen. She won an Oscar for her role. Colin Firth as King George VI (Elizabeth II's father) in The King's Speech gets critical acclaim as the stammering King. He's on his way to win Best Actor! Emily Blunt portrayed Queen Victoria in The Young Victoria, and she also got great reviews for her portrayal.

WillMo and Prince William certainly look alike (but not very, very twin-like). But we have to see how the Prince ages so that WillMo could study that role someday. But I wish casting directors would realize that WillMo could play the role with perfection, and he deserves it.

Anyway, any news of William M. nowadays? Not sure if "A Great Education" starts filming, but anyway, I'll show you an article of Will with new pictures!

http://www.superdry.com/blog/2010/12/13 ... -wardrobe/

Posted : February 18, 2011 7:41 pm
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

IMDb doesn't acknowledge this, but I thought "A great education" started filming last fall. It may be over now. I don't know. I think filming was in Quebec [Montreal?].

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440113/

Posted : February 19, 2011 6:57 am
WillMo for_the_win
(@willmo-for_the_win)
NarniaWeb Regular

The film's still "in development" status. This means that the film hasn't started to pre-production, or worse, filming. I've asked Myriad Pictures (via Facebook) about this and they said the film hasn't been shot. I'm so sad because William ages easily (more than I could imagine) and that he's avoiding teen roles (but his age in this film will likely be 18-19, a typical age for college freshmen). There could have been other reasons:

>script takes a long time to be made as a movie (look at Peter Weir's film gaps. It took 7 years for him to make another movie after "Master and Commander", but after making M&C he focused on different scripts but it all fell through, which is a shame because he's an acclaimed director who needs to play with Hollywood rules)
>directorial debuts often tend to be perfectionists on their first film (not sure if it happens on AGE's Christopher Keyser, but of course any debut director would work hard on their first possible masterpiece)
>William might take a Daniel Day-Lewis outcome: METHOD ACTING. In one interview, William was impressed with DDL's "There Will Be Blood" (but he didn't really mention DDL) and perhaps was inspired to do extensive research and be THE CHARACTER itself. His role as Charlie might be difficult for him because he has little knowledge on American accents, plus he has to LEARN HOW TO SING. But William says that he really feels involved in the movie, so began reading everything about Harvard and the Krokodiloes, Harvard's elite male choir.
>or they filmed AGE in SECRET! I hope Myriad Pictures would give information on the film already, although allegations that one glimpse was shown on TV, but there hasn't been news yet.
>independent films compete for major distributors. The film might be at Sundance, that's my guess. Semi-indies like Fox Searchlight, Weinstein Co., Focus Features, and the like often go to festivals to look for good films to market.
>the film was announced back in 2009, with Ben Kingsley and Hilary Duff were attached in it. It took a year to find William Moseley. Casting is very difficult. Duff dropped and was replaced by Emma Roberts.
>and the worst of all, William avoids typecasting. I believe he has this Day-Lewis vibe where he chooses projects VERY CAREFULLY. It doesn't hurt that he auditions a lot. I have no idea if he has close Hollywood allies, or even Brit allies. So we don't really know.

Sorry for my long post, but this is what I feel. I'm very supportive of William's post-Narnia career, but I hope he doesn't give up! He might be recognized by the whole world as an actor who could leave a legacy!

Posted : February 20, 2011 12:10 am
WillMo for_the_win
(@willmo-for_the_win)
NarniaWeb Regular

All right! William's birthday is on Wednesday! He's turning 24! Can't believe it! Anyway, he's rumored to be playing an adaptation of "The Pied Piper of Hamelin"!

See the news here! http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle ... -fables.do

Posted : April 23, 2011 9:23 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Speaking of Prince William, William Moseley can perfect the role of the Prince! I believe that he'll be so great and fantastic in this role, especially that Prince William is going to get married and soon be the King of England!

Don't count on his being king for a long time! This is no fairy tale. The Queen (who is queen of far more than just England, what do they teach them in schools outside the British Commonwealth?) is now 85 and won't ever step down - her son Charles is over 60 and is likely to have a long life too (the Queen's own mum died at 102).

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : April 24, 2011 12:32 pm
cherish
(@cherish)
NarniaWeb Regular

He's so protective with his brothers and I saw that in the first two movies. In the book, he's a bit different or I suppose it wrong? I think I'm wrong, but in the movies, he's awsome like Edmund
Too bad he won't appear in the fourth movie.

Posted : May 3, 2011 6:46 am
cipher
(@cipher)
NarniaWeb Regular

I haven't read any of the Narnia books, but is Peter different in PC book than in the movie? If so, how?

Posted : May 22, 2011 9:19 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

First off, welcome to the forum, cipher! :D It's so great to have you here!

That's a great question. Generally, people agree that the portrayal of Peter was much different than in the book because of Peter's attitude problems in PC. In the book, there wasn't as much tension between Peter and Caspian, and Peter wasn't frustrated about the transition from boy to king. I myself find it an interesting character arc that was added by the director. As for whether it was a good change, well... you'll have to decide that to yourself. ;)

av by dot

Posted : May 24, 2011 3:29 pm
Page 8 / 10
Share: