Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Caspian - Ben Barnes

Page 3 / 8
tenthofthatname
(@tenthofthatname)
NarniaWeb Regular

I loved Caspian's more confident and less temperamental demeanor in VDT, that convinced me of his older age much more than the beard did :D Yet he still managed to feel youthful by delivering some humorous remarks and having a wonderful smile around Lucy and Edmund. But I also wish there'd been more between Eustace and Caspian too, primarily because they're fairly teary when it's time to part ways. In the book I think it's Caspian who gives Eustace a sword to fight with. If there was any possibility of SC in sight I think this would definitely be a huge shortcoming to VDT, the lack of set up for Eustace's closeness to Caspian. Remember he was too scared to see Caspian old and frail? In my opinion that says a lot about them as friends.

Posted : December 13, 2010 10:50 pm
WickedDreamer
(@wickeddreamer)
NarniaWeb Regular

So sorry for this random question, I have not read the books, but just wanted to know how old Caspian was in VDT?

Thanks in advance

By lover of narnia

Posted : December 13, 2010 10:55 pm
Lady Haleth
(@lady-haleth)
NarniaWeb Junkie

It never said exactly, but I think he was supposed to be about sixteen or seventeen.

The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot

Posted : December 14, 2010 1:35 am
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

I really liked Caspian in VDT! He was so totally the young king. I really loved the relationship that Caspian and Ed have. I loved Deathwater! I think Ben has really become the part!

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : December 14, 2010 2:21 am
aslanscountry
(@aslanscountry)
NarniaWeb Nut

So sorry for this random question, I have not read the books, but just wanted to know how old Caspian was in VDT?

Thanks in advance

Like Lady Haleth said above he's supposed to be 16/17 but since in PC movie he already appears like 17, that'll make him about 20 years old in VDT movie.

You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye

Posted : December 14, 2010 10:25 am
lysander
(@lysander)
NarniaWeb Junkie

16 according to the NWeb Character Ages page. Thank goodness for on-site resources! W00t! :D

~~~~~
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
~~~~~

Posted : December 14, 2010 1:36 pm
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

He really brought his title to the next level! I love his acting and his accent. :D Yeey for Ben!!

"Two sides of the same coin"

Posted : December 16, 2010 4:11 pm
Lady Haleth
(@lady-haleth)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I came into the movie not expecting to like him, but I actually thought he was much better than he was in PC. Losing the corny accent certainly helped. I actually found him to be much closer to his personality in the book than he had been in the previous movie (with the exception of the whole father issue.) So overall, he was one of the better things about the movie.

The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot

Posted : December 23, 2010 6:51 am
hogglestock
(@hogglestock)
NarniaWeb Regular

I was at a party tonight and overheard a friend saying something like, "I sure am glad they re-cast Caspian, because they guy they had last time sure didn't have any Oscars in his future!" So I guess that's a vote for Ben's acting for this movie. :D And the importance of the accent. ;)

~Once a king or queen in Narnia, always a king or queen.~

Posted : December 31, 2010 5:32 pm
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

^ hogglestock, my sister kept asking me if I was sure Ben Barnes was still playing Caspian in VDT! =))

Make way for King Caspian! I adored him in PC, and I love him in VDT. Although I think the accent is cool, I agree it's a good thing that he lost it for this film, especially if it improved his acting. Just how Caspian had grown in leadership and authority was very awesome! And his friendship with Edmund and short moment with Lilliandil was very sweet and well done. His fighting, stunts, emotions... Ben really hit the character this time! If we get another chance to see him again, I will be very pleased! Great job for Caspian and Ben! ;) :D

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : January 1, 2011 6:43 am
Faroegirl
(@faroegirl)
NarniaWeb Regular

I liked Ben Barnes very much as King Caspian. I liked the accent in PC as well, but the English one is better. I'm not fond of the beard, though, because Caspian is still supposed to be quite young, but ok. That's not a big issue for me.

Caspian is more confident, and not as stiff and earnest as in PC. He has grown and become a king in his own right. I think Ben Barnes portrays him well. Especially in the fight with Edmund, I loved that! I would have loved seeing him march into Gumpas' castle, Narrowhaven was a bit of a disappointment. But that's not BB's fault.
BB's performance was good!!

Posted : January 16, 2011 4:33 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I just saw VotDT for the 4th time yesterday. I am constantly amazed at how Caspian's character improved when the accent was dropped! it felt more like Ben had more room to put himself into his role and it seemed so much more realistic and natural! :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : January 21, 2011 8:40 am
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

^^ I agree!!! I feel that without the accent he truly got to step into his own without having to make sure the accent was okay. His acting was very good in the movie! Bravo Ben!

NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!

Posted : January 21, 2011 11:01 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

^^and Caspian seemed more like a brother to the Pevensies and Eustace this time. he seemed like a big older brother! :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : January 21, 2011 11:05 am
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

I really liked Caspian's and Edmund's relationship in the movie definitally, really brotherly, I liked it :D

NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!

Posted : January 21, 2011 11:14 am
Page 3 / 8
Share: