Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Dallas, Texas

willowofnarnia
(@willowofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hello! My family is going to be moving to the Dallas area most likely the weekend before "Dawn Treader" comes out. Is there anyone on this forum who lives in the Dallas area and would want to go see the movie at midnight on opening night? I won't know anyone there and it would be nice to meet some other Narnia fans! :) Also, if you live in that area, would you also recommend a nice theater? It wouldn't be a Lion Party exactly, but more of a "come in costume if you want and watch the movie" type of thing. :)
Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 6, 2010 3:17 pm
N-E-M
(@n-e-m)
NarniaWeb Regular

Dear willowofnarnia,

This is my first posting on the forum, but my sister (username - DearHeart) and I have been fans of the Chronicles of Narnia for forever and we have been following the movies since 2006. We are extremely excited about VDT!!

We were so surprised to see your posting as we live in Duncanville, Texas, a little south of Dallas! We are planning on going to the midnight showing, but have not yet decided which theater. We have coupons for the AMC theater at the Parks Mall in Arlington and have also considered the Cinemark in Cedarhill, as we have been there before.

Where exactly are you moving in the Dallas area? Let us know what your plans are and we can see about meeting each other! :)

Nothing-Else-Matters

Member of the Tenth Avenue North fan club
Signature and Avatar Set by Princess Anna

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2010 3:42 am
willowofnarnia
(@willowofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hello!
Thanks so much for replying! I'm not exactly sure where we are going to be moving to, but my dad works in Dallas so it will have to be within 45 mins at least. And actually at the moment, we're not sure if our house sale is going to go through. :( I'll have to wait and see what happens. I'll be sure to tell you whether or not I'll be watching VDT in Dallas or not! :)
I have been following Narnia for almost that long as well! I became a HUGE fan though after Prince Caspian came out. I love all of the movies and characters. They are literally my best friends! Even when Peter was being an arrogant King, and Susan was being mean to poor Caspian (who is my all time favorite!) I stuck by them all! I feel their pain, their sorrow, their joy! I know, I sound crazy, but I love them all!

Willow

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 10, 2010 7:51 am
N-E-M
(@n-e-m)
NarniaWeb Regular

Willow,

Exciting to hear back from you! Let us know when you find out about your move. We will be praying that everything goes well.

How interesting to hear that you became a major fan after PC, especially since many have disliked the adaptation. What were thoughts on the movie?

I also love all of the Narnian characters and Caspian is one of my favorite characters as well. What do you think of Ben Barnes interpretation of the character?

Hope to hear from you soon!

- Nothing-Else-Matters (and DearHeart)

Member of the Tenth Avenue North fan club
Signature and Avatar Set by Princess Anna

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 10, 2010 11:07 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Let me know if and when this is set in stone so I can add it to the official list! :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2010 9:58 am
willowofnarnia
(@willowofnarnia)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Alright I will! I haven't heard back from N-E-M, but hopefully she will reply soon! :)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 17, 2010 5:03 pm
Share: