Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Christchurch, New Zealand

coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Hi to anyone in the vicinity of The City That Rocks (you will know what that means if you are nearby)!!

I am currently planning our third Lion Party at Readings Cinema, The Palms Mall.
It is still to be confirmed, but I am expecting to have a midnight (i.e.1 minute after 12) screening, which I think counts as very early in the morning of the 9th, not the 10th December.

Please PM me if there's a chance of you coming, and I can encourage you!

It will be even more low key than the PC one (I had things to do but the helpful cinema staff decided we would all like to watch LWW beforehand so screened it in the foyer). Meet, chat, enjoy being dressed up, share some food, bring or buy your own drink... I will organise a couple of games that can be done as people turn up, so we don't have to have everyone there from a given time - I learned that it won't happen!

Coracle

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 10, 2010 9:25 pm
FirstNarnianQueen
(@firstnarnianqueen)
NarniaWeb Regular

I'm not able to come as I live halfway around the world. But I'll be moving there in January and was just so excited to see a thread about a LP in Christchurch, I had to post!

Have a great party! Maybe I'll be there for the next movie!

Tiffany

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2010 9:42 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

At present my Lion Party will be a group booking to the 6pm showing on Thursday 9th. There will not be a midnight screening.

HOWEVER today I was told they will open with 3D screenings this Thursday 2nd, so I am in a slight state of flux. Need to ring all the people who have put their names on the list, and see whether they want to wait a week - or come this Thursday at 6pm.

Edit 2nd December:
Have taken about 14 people to see the 3D screening - lots of fun, loved the film. 6 of us ladies went to a coffee shop for supper afterwards and talked about the film and other things. Nice low key Lion Party.
Next week another 10 will go to either the 2D or 3D.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 28, 2010 9:41 pm
Share: