Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Road Goes Ever On and On: Everything Tolkien - Book 2

Page 49 / 49
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Dot, I really hope you can see this! As I have mentioned here before, when the musical was playing in Toronto back in 2006, we went three times with three different groups of people. Wonderful, so wonderful! I'm not much of a live theatre person, but this performance struck many heart chords. Gollum was superb! And I will never forget how they showed the flooding of the Ford of Bruinen (amazing!), although for some reason this was changed later on—a disappointing loss. The music was brilliant. 'Now And For Always' is still a treasured song in our home:

(These are the Frodo and Sam actors we saw).

I was able to get, via a credit on Audible, The Return of the King, narrated by Andy Serkis. So, The FotR and TTT I have on CD, but The RotK is digital. Giggle Serkis does a magnificent job of bringing to life each character. And, of course when it comes to Gollum ... Applause .

Also, I just read that a The Lord of the Rings opera has been approved by the Tolkien estate:

https://www.classicfm.com/music-news/lord-of-the-rings-opera-approved-tolkien-estate/

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2024 9:08 am
Page 49 / 49
Share: