Littlgriz comes out of her hobbit hole what a lovley summers night

looks fore jo hobbit

hi thanks fore riting me im a Member of the Gollum/Smeagol appreciation club"

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2020 5:53 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Hey there, littlgriz, it is SO good to see you on the forum again! Grin I hope your hobbit hole is as full of comfort as it should be. Hug  

In recent Tolkien news, has anyone else seen this publishing announcement of a new upcoming book (2021), which will contain previously unpublished writings by J.R.R. Tolkien?! Dancing It is entitled The Nature of Middle-earth: https://www.theonering.net/torwp/2020/06/23/108207-the-nature-of-middle-earth-new-book-with-tolkiens-unpublished-writings/  

7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2020 10:23 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @johobbit

In recent Tolkien news, has anyone else seen this publishing announcement of a new upcoming book (2021), which will contain previously unpublished writings by J.R.R. Tolkien?! Dancing

Ooooh! Sounds interesting! Grin  

*adds to the long list of other Tolkien works that I haven't read* Tongue  

Resource List | Textures | Bases
WC: 4

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2020 7:53 pm
johobbit liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Oooh, I just saw this, and have bookmarked it for whichever family member has my name this Christmas. Bats eyes Grin It is illustrated by Lee, Howe, and Nasmith, and based on Unfinished Tales, which was published in 1980—its 40th anniversary. 

7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 11:40 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator
Posted by: @johobbit

Heads up: Today Andy Serkis is reading The Hobbit, all in one sitting, I believe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/thehobbitath ... /gallery/0

It really is marvelous. He began at 5 a.m. EDT, and has not lost any of his grace and enthusiasm for the reading. The voices he portrays are wonderful, including Gollum/Sméagol's (of course!) and the spiders. Wish I could have heard him act Beorn. Can hardly wait for Bilbo's conversation with Smaug! I have not heard nearly all of the reading, but what I have watched, I am impressed. He is even dressed somewhat hobbitish, with a cozy vest. :)

And your wish is granted - if you can wait until September and then pay for it!

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=223269621986547

"We are delighted to announce the release of a brand-new audiobook of The Hobbit, read by award-winning actor, director and author Andy Serkis! This magical new recording arrives this September and is now available to pre-order: smarturl.it/TheHobbitAudio"

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 8:27 pm
johobbit liked
Page 35 / 35
Share: