Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Spelling

Page 3 / 3
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I loved spelling in school, and reading too. It was my favorite subjects before taking the hardcore English subjects. :)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : July 7, 2010 7:43 am
pickle
(@pickle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Definitely- A fellow NWer's (I believe its DiGoRyKiRkE's) signature. Seriously I always thought there was an "a"

That's exactly what I thought! I still get confused on that one! :D

Proud supporter of Blarghefur!

thanks for the avy and sig, Eustace+Jill!

Posted : July 20, 2010 8:13 am
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Lately I've been spelling "good" "godd." I have no idea why.... :-

memento mori

Posted : July 21, 2010 12:26 pm
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I get so like, oh my I need to change the spelling quickly!, even though it's just like freind (LOL). I am so conscious of spelling, that's why whenever they say I have a word misspelled, I get so crazy and like, oh no!!!

I got that feeling when I spelled reciept when it should be receipt, and tranquill when it should be tranquil. Sigh, as they said, nobody's perfect, hihi. ;))

"Two sides of the same coin"

Posted : August 13, 2010 12:05 am
Lucy P.
(@lucy-p)
NarniaWeb Nut

I've actually never had much trouble with spelling. My learning style is extremely visual, so once I see a word, it's stuck in my head forever. When I speak I see the words running across the inside of my head. I only got less than 100% on spelling tests once or twice.

That being said, I do have problems with double letter. I almost spelled "recommend" as "reccommend" in a letter to a former teacher the other day!
Also, typing is bad for me as I often make common typos when I hand write something. That quirk translating from the computer to a pen is very strange.

I only entered one spelling bee-- and was the third one out. Nerves do that to a person.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Posted : August 13, 2010 3:51 am
narnialover4
(@narnialover4)
NarniaWeb Nut

For some reason I've always had trouble with "success." I can't remember if it's one 'c' or two. I'm a fairly good speller, but that's one word I need to memorize.

"Are you sure you're eighteen?"
"Why? Do I look older?"

Posted : September 28, 2010 11:04 am
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I spell receive as "recieve". And I really need to get used to the ei, not ie.

"Two sides of the same coin"

Posted : September 30, 2010 1:18 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I always get letters mixed up. Especially with the word Movie. I always accidentally put moive. ;))

I switch i's and e's all the time, lol. The whole "i before e except after c" rule never helped me, because there are exceptions to the rule. And I can never remember which ones are the exceptions. ;))

~Riella =:)

Posted : February 11, 2011 10:46 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: