Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Non-Narnian Art Thread

starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I got into acrylic pouring painting. I need to take better pics of these as they are just cell phone snaps while they were wet. This has been my stress relief the last couple of years. My first set of paintings either got sold or given away as gifts. I have four I have just done. Only my unsealed ones are here. I didn't take a picture of the fourth yet. 

gallery

Anyone else have something they do like this? Or another form of art media?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 26, 2022 1:03 pm
rainyweather
(@rainyweather)
NarniaWeb Nut

@starkat

Those are really beautiful! Thank you for sharing your pictures Smile . I'd never heard of acrylic pouring painting before, but it looks very nice.

As for me I'm a sketcher through and through. The only art I ever really do is pencil sketches, and I do it quite often. In fact, its become rather common for me to sit down to eat only to realize I've got to wash first because my hand is covered with graphite from smudging my sketches Giggle . However, I have been trying my hand at digital art lately. I've uploaded some of my sketches into Procreate, then traced them and colored them. I'm not very good, but it's fun to do. I don't have any pictures handy at the moment, but perhaps I'll share some of my artwork here later.

Most of what I draw is Narnia art, but I do have some art of characters from other books and shows I like, and a few pieces of original art. It's not good enough for me to sell. Art's simply a hobby for me- albeit one I truly love.

"We shall all, in the end,
be led to where we belong.
We shall all, in the end,
find our way home."

- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2022 1:59 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

@rainyweather I'd love to see some of your sketches. I used to take art as a kid and in college. Drawing was my preferred medium then. I loved perspective. 

Art's a stress relief for me. It calms me. My main frustration with paintings is storage. You can store so many more sketches. But I'm so rusty at sketching it's sad. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 27, 2022 8:39 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@starkat That's fascinating! Some very fun color choices. 

I do a lot of art - shall need to wait until I can get to a desktop and resize some things to upload - but I very rarely do anything abstract.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2023 4:38 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

@silverlily thanks. I look forward to seeing yours!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 13, 2023 11:58 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Here's one of my things. It's a marker drawing of one of my original characters, Istra Gilranean.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2023 4:19 pm
starkat liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

@silverlily that's beautiful. I love the color combinations.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 21, 2023 7:12 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Thanks so much @starkat!

Here's my newest piece.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 24, 2023 9:00 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

A Frodo tribute -- hope this works, if not I can resize.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2023 6:44 pm
Share: