Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Milestones!

Page 2 / 8
wisewoman
(@wisewoman)
Member Moderator Emeritus

MOD NOTE

The moderators have noticed this thread quickly becoming more of a "daily log" for what you did rather than a place to post real milestones. A real milestone is a big event in your life, something you have been working/waiting for. Every event of your daily life is not a milestone. Here are some examples:

"I bought ten books today at the thrift store!" — Not a milestone
"With the books I bought today, my personal library broke 2,000 books!" — milestone

If we continue to get posts in here that don't contain true milestones, we'll be forced to consider them off-topic (and therefore breaking a rule). Please keep that in mind when posting here. Thanks :)

"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine

Posted : September 12, 2009 5:02 am
true_narnia_forever
(@true_narnia_forever)
NarniaWeb Regular

MILESTONE: I got 2nd place in my group for the Bible Bee! And 3 of my friends made it to Nationals!!

Aslan's Country, the Narnia forum I co-administrate!
My Blog!

Topic starter Posted : September 18, 2009 4:22 pm
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Congrats, tru!
Even though you didn't make it to Nationals, great job! It's really hard work.

Posted : September 19, 2009 2:53 pm
TheGentleWarrior
(@thegentlewarrior)
NarniaWeb Guru

MILESTONE: After waiting for almost 4 years, I passed my pointe test today and i'm getting pointe shoes in December around Christmas time!!!!!!!! WOOO!!! :D :D :D A Happy Christmas for sure! :D

Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!

Posted : September 24, 2009 4:50 pm
wisewoman
(@wisewoman)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Congrats tru and TGW! Two great accomplishments, and definitely worth celebrating

"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine

Posted : September 25, 2009 2:00 am
Horse_Lover
(@horse_lover)
NarniaWeb Nut

Conga Rats to GW!! :-o :D :D

Mine, I just started basic level 5/6 in iceskating! :-o :) I get to do one foot spins, lunges, and a little jump! :) I'm pretty excited.

Nweb twin to ValiantPrincess, and Nweb sis to elvenbug
Proud member of the 10th Avenue North club!

Posted : September 30, 2009 4:41 pm
TheGentleWarrior
(@thegentlewarrior)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oooh congrats HL!!! :D That's a great milestone! :D

I remember when I got into basic 5 and 6. I was so happy I got to do one foot spins and jumps!! Man I miss figure skating.......

Have fun in the new level! You'll like it a lot. :)

Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!

Posted : September 30, 2009 7:28 pm
KJane
(@kjane)
NarniaWeb Regular

Starting in 2004 I lost 50 lbs. and have kept it off ever since. Would this qualify?

Posted : October 21, 2009 6:49 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

It's cool to read about all these milestones! Congrats to all! :D

KJane, welcome to NarniaWeb, and YES, that would definitely qualify. :D What an accomplishment! *claps hands enthusiastically* (I tried to find female-looking hands that I liked, but couldn't. :p )

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : October 22, 2009 1:45 am
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I've got a couple.

MILESTONE: Passed my Humanities Exam. No more studying Jackson Pollock and Shakespeare. :P

MILESTONE: My Circle Pendant finally arrived in the mail yesterday (call-out to all fellow Ted Dekker fans!)

"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia

Posted : October 23, 2009 2:13 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

Milestone: I made the top 10 for my age group in s and e in my state(i was number 7).

Posted : October 23, 2009 2:39 am
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

Cool! It's neat reading all of these milestones. I've got one of my own to share today :) .

I took my driver's test this morning and I PASSED! AAAHHH! I can't really believe it. The reality isn't really sinking in yet. Especially since I didn't do great on my test. The instructor was really nice and passed me anyways.

So...yeah! :D

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

Posted : October 23, 2009 6:39 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

A hearty CONGRATULATIONS to:

*Bother Eustace in passing your Humanities exam and receiving the Dekker Circle pendant, cool-o! :D
*IloveFauns in making the top 10, YAY! :D (although could you explain more what exactly "s" and "e" are, me not being familiar with much in Australia, and all? I am rather curious.)
*sweeet in passing your driver's test, WOOT! Hurrah for nice instructors, although I can imagine you will make a very conscientious driver. :D

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : October 23, 2009 7:36 am
Horse_Lover
(@horse_lover)
NarniaWeb Nut

Okay, I have one. :)
MILESTONE: I can use ASL to sign Michael W Smiths version of Agnus Dei(I believe that's how it's spelled). :D

Nweb twin to ValiantPrincess, and Nweb sis to elvenbug
Proud member of the 10th Avenue North club!

Posted : October 23, 2009 11:31 am
winterlife
(@winterlife)
NarniaWeb Guru

Milestone: my youth group finally started a worship team and we had our first concert!

Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8

Posted : October 23, 2009 12:50 pm
Page 2 / 8
Share: