Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Avatars/Signatures/Locations/etc!

Page 1 / 7
true_narnia_forever
(@true_narnia_forever)
NarniaWeb Regular

It's always interesting to hear the story or explanation behind the non-narnian avatars, signatures, and locations - or even if it is a narnian one - what's special about it to you, why did you pick it, what does it mean...etc! :)

Feel free to discuss others avatars and signatures too - you don't have to have changed your avatar to post ;)

As we learned in this thread on the old forum, it's a good idea to post a copy of the avatar and signature that you are talking about, as later on when it has changed again, we won't know what you're talking about. :P

UPDATE: Ah! I remembered that I was going to add usernames to the discussion. So, if there's an interesting story behind your username, feel free to share it!!

My avatar is me answering a question at local Awana Bible Quizzing - which is a huge passion of mine.

My signature is a link to Aslan's Country, which is another awesome Narnia forum! :)

My location says: Letting the joy of the Lord be my strength.
It's something I think God has been teaching me the past few months or so - to lean on Him, trust in Him, even when it feels like He's not there.

Aslan's Country, the Narnia forum I co-administrate!
My Blog!

Topic starter Posted : September 5, 2009 8:44 am
Queen Susan
(@queen-susan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Avatar: Susan. Self-explanatory? :-) My name is "Queen Susan"... My avatar is "Queen Susan"...

Signature: A quote I love. :-)
"For you see, each day I love you more. Today more then yesterday, and less then tomorrow."

^Why would I tell you where I actually live? 😉

Posted : September 5, 2009 10:22 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Haven't done this in awhile. ;))

-------------------------
I'm using this because 1, I like the picture of Anna, 2, it's flipped as to compliment the new right-sided forum, and 3, I look a *little* like her, and since people tend to see users as whatever their avatar is, I thought this would be a good one for me. :p

Signature:

Spareoom.net
Welcome to the New Narnia(web)!
I Survived the Great Forum Upheaval of '09
Join the Narniaweb Preservation Society!

My signature image is a funny caption sig I made out of a recent pic of Will P. as Eustace. I like referring to the New and Old Narniaweb to the New and Old Narnia in LB; I think it's pretty fitting. :) The Preservation Society is something I've set up to help save special bits of the Old Narnia(web); I hope you all will drop by!

That is something that reminds me of a special blessing/comfort God gave to me recently. It's adapted from something I read ages ago, which basically goes:
Gymfan15
Chicago, IL
United States of America
North America
Planet Earth
Solar System
Milky Way
The Universe
The Mind and Heart of God

Isn't it amazing that we are so special and significant to the creator of the Universe? It's sometimes hard to wrap my mind around it, yet I know it's true. :)

Spareoom.net

Posted : September 5, 2009 12:59 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

My avatar is Jennifer Connelly from the '80's movie Labyrinth. I love this particular set of photos for the white flowers and ribbons in her hair, and the book. I love books. :p This particular version was custom made for me by flambeau. :D

My signature is an Artemis Fowl quote: "I never tell anybody exactly how clever I am. They would be too scared" Every time I see it, I grin. I think it's the emphasis Ryan put on the words.

My location was chosen because it fit in the character limit on the old forum. Osterland is a place in Patricia McKillip's RiddleMaster trilogy. It also bears a resemblance to some local place names.

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : September 5, 2009 1:19 pm
aslansothername
(@aslansothername)
NarniaWeb Nut

can I get some help from some of you. I'm a new member and I know how to do my avatar, but I can't figer out how to get a picture on my signiture or how to attach any pictures to my acount? Can some one help? thanks!

Want to become an informed American teen?
http://www.t4at.webs.com/

Posted : September 5, 2009 2:12 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

can I get some help from some of you. I'm a new member and I know how to do my avatar, but I can't figer out how to get a picture on my signiture or how to attach any pictures to my acount? Can some one help? thanks!

You can read a tutorial on how to do that here. :) PM me if you need any further help. :)

Spareoom.net

Posted : September 5, 2009 2:43 pm
TheGentleWarrior
(@thegentlewarrior)
NarniaWeb Guru

Ooooh, nice topic! :D

Avatar: My avatar changes quite frequently but right now, it's a pair of Pointe Shoes with a heart flickering next to it - I love to dance! I especially love ballet/pointe and dream of one day having my own pointe shoes. I found this avatar online and instantly thought that it was so me. Pointe shoes + heart = love! :p

My signature is also a pair of pointe shoes. This signature was made by request for me bye Broadway_Freak. :)

My location? Ok, this is chosen after something I hear often on HGTV when i'm watching home buying shows :p , Location, Location, Location!!, Is something one real estate agent says A LOT on her show, one of my favorites, and when I updated my profile and came to the Location section I thought it'd be funny to do that. :p Why? Because Location is everything! ;)

EDIT: Why does under my avatar it says not viewed yet and stuff? :- Ugghh. X(

Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!

Posted : September 5, 2009 3:31 pm
Mr Anderson
(@mr-anderson)
NarniaWeb Regular

My new username came about as a result of one of my friends calling me Mr. Anderson because Anderson is so close to my real name, and it kind of stuck. It's pretty much my internet alias anywhere I don't use my real name. *g*

My avatar is quite obviously the fountain of life. Duh.

And my signature, well, Hans Zimmer is the best composer of all time, in my opinion. To be fair to the classic composers like Bach or Mozart I usually just say that Hans is the best movie composer of all time, but really he is the best composer of all time. Having him score the Last Battle would be a dream come true. 😀 (Though if I had to pick between him scoring LB and him scoring HP 7 parts 1 & 2...or even just part 2...I'd pick HP. >_>)

(Formerly Reep&cheep)

Posted : September 5, 2009 3:50 pm
Heroine of Chivalry
(@heroine-of-chivalry)
NarniaWeb Nut

My avatar is a picture my sister took that I thought was pretty and somewhat mystical looking. Also, I wanted something a little different from most other avatars.

My signature is a link to the Praise thread in the Prayer Forum because I believe it is important to remember our blessings and prise God for them. And it can be a blessing to others to hear what God is doing in other people's lives.

My location is merely the truth, in my father's house.

Gymfan, I love your signature, especially, "I Survived the Great Forum Upheaval of '09" B-)

I left Narniaweb for inexplicable reasons in the beginning of June 2010 and probably will not be returning (much as I love this place). So if you're wondering why I disappeared, now you know! (sort of...)

Posted : September 5, 2009 4:38 pm
Narniafan30
(@narniafan30)
NarniaWeb Newbie

My avatar and Sig change quite most of the time but I'm using this ones for a long time now.

It's from the Narnia picture book cover 'The Return to Narnia: The Rescue of Prince Caspian' I'm using mostly because the book has my favourite art work from the Pevensies and it was my very first Narnia book ;)

Signature:

My signature is from the Supernatural TV schow from WB, with the two brothers Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles), The quote on the siggie is from TV show's beginning theme: 'Saving People, Hunting things, the family business.'
I'm using it because it's my fave TV show and season 5 is already coming in four days :D (I'm also a big fan of the brotherly love between these two ;) )

My location: Somewhere with the name home & family|pets ;)

Posted : September 5, 2009 10:51 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

here is one i posted on the old forum but there was only one post after it so i will post it again.

I made this for a friend on another site where you siggys are aloud to be bigger.

I just love futurama . Thats the reason i made it and i would love to have a robot for a friend.

Posted : September 6, 2009 12:03 am
ForeverFan
(@foreverfan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Since the last time I did this, I had a different set, I guess I can do it again. ;)

My avatar is an artist's interpretation of Sherlock Holmes, from a cover of a book which I quite liked. I chose it because I liked how the image was painted, with that somewhat mysterious air as he's standing looking away.

My signature banner is from the 1995 Persuasion, the text underneath that is a Sherlock Holmes quote which I quite liked, underneath that is a link to my book blog, and underneath that is pretty self explanatory. ;)

Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)

Posted : September 6, 2009 2:55 am
true_narnia_forever
(@true_narnia_forever)
NarniaWeb Regular

Gymfan, I love that about your location, that is really cool. :)

Aslan's Country, the Narnia forum I co-administrate!
My Blog!

Topic starter Posted : September 6, 2009 12:02 pm
greenbird37
(@greenbird37)
NarniaWeb Nut

My avatar is of course Aslan....the lion. I change my avatar on a regular basis but this will stay for now!

My signature is a line from PC from Aslan to Lucy! :)

"We have nothing if not belief"

Posted : September 6, 2009 5:57 pm
Silvertongue
(@silvertongue)
NarniaWeb Regular

My avatar is one I made of a gal playing piano, because I love playing piano. ;)

I have no signature as of yet, and my location is "North" because I live north of some states. ;)

Posted : September 7, 2009 5:33 am
Page 1 / 7
Share: