Notifications
Clear all

Food for Thought (and Discussion)  

Page 52 / 52
  RSS
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

@valiantarcher pie isn't usually what we have at Easter, but its likely to only be my immediate family and they won't fuss about it. Also, chocolate!

Yeah, I think I will try the Bieroks without the cabbage.

made by katherine

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 21, 2021 5:16 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

@Lu_valient, both those are good reasons for pie at Easter! Also, if you're the one making it and not the rest of the family, they shouldn't complain anyhow, right? Wink (Or at least in theory! Giggle )
Let me know how your version of the Bierox go if you try them, please! Smile Also, since you mentioned venison a couple of times - do you have a favourite way to prepare it?

Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 21, 2021 6:13 pm
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

@valiantarcher I mostly make venison pie

made by katherine

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 21, 2021 6:20 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator
This thread has certainly been busy lately! Smile  
Posted by: @gracepevensie15

@snowangel Chocolate Covered Katie has some great recipes! I made this chocolate pudding recipe from her the other day, and it was SO good!

Welcome to NarniaWeb, @gracepevensie15. Oh, yum, I haven't tried that one. I'll add it to my list to try. 

For Pi day, my vegan pumpkin pie turned out pretty good. Before serving the pie I added toasted pecans to the top, the textures were great together. Love I did use a whole can of coconut milk and I felt like the pie had a just hint of coconut flavor. 

The siblings had a sour cream blueberry pie which they were kind enough to eat all in one day so that there were not any tempting leftovers in the frig. Tongue  

Ooh, apple-blackberry pie sounds yummy. @Rya, what would you change in the recipe?

I have been making Chocolate Nice Cream every 10 days or so, if I can get hands on the bananas before the siblings eat them. My dad really likes it and it is super easy to freeze individual servings. Tried blueberry instead of chocolate on Saturday, but the blueberry wasn't as flavorful or as much like ice cream as the chocolate.

I had gluten/wheat over the weekend, and I think I am good with it again. But now I have to go without it for several days. One of my sisters made bread on Friday and it was so good! Thumbs up  

SnowAngel

"Live your risk." - Buck Sexton

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2021 11:58 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I've been super busy lately (and abominably lazy 😛 ) and today I went and picked up some cinnamon rolls and orange rolls from a local small time baker. My van smells amazing and I can't wait to eat them tomorrow for my daughter's birthday. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2021 5:02 pm
Page 52 / 52
Share: