Notifications
Clear all

Food for Thought (and Discussion)  

Page 47 / 47
  RSS
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

I discovered watermelon lemonade is super easy and so fun to make in the Vitamix. Grin I've made it twice, the second time I added some glucomanan to make it just a bit thicker, so it was a little like drinking sherbet. 

Watermelon Lemonade

• 4 cups watermelon chunks
  • 1 1/2 cups lemon juice
  • 3 tablespoons truvia
  • 1 teaspoon glucomannan (optional)

Blend for 30 to 45 seconds, add 4 cups ice and blend for 12-15 seconds. Serve. Smile  

SnowAngel

He who counts the stars and calls them by their names is in no danger of forgetting His own children. — C.H. Spurgeon

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 12:18 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I've wanted to post in this thread for sooooo long, but I didn't, and now I've forgotten most everything I wanted to share here. Tongue  

So I'll just post one thing tonight, that goes against all this HEALTHY stuff that is being discussed. LOL I made homemade edible cookie dough a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, that stuff is ADDICTIVE and I probably won't make it again any time soon unless I have a large group of people around to share it with. Tongue  

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 9:21 pm
johobbit liked
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Has anyone ever made or eaten grilled watermelon? I saw on the Netflix show Crazy Delicious...

Spoiler
crazy delicious spoiler
that a chef grilled, steamed, and spiced a watermelon. The judges adored it. 

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 10:04 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

@mm1991, I've had grilled pineapple (which was delicious), but not watermelon. It sounds very interesting. Smile  

I made another lemonade recipe today. My mom dislikes all melon and she had to have some cantaloupe and honeydew melon so she can take a food sensitivity test, so I made mixed melon lemonade. Grin In addition to using cantaloupe and honeydew melon for this recipe, I also used half of a lemon since it was available and I could use it. Smile  Oh, and I used xanthan gum to thicken it instead of glucomannan. I prefer the xanthan gum over glucomannan, the lemonade could have less than 1 1/2 teaspoons that happened to be the measuring spoon I grabbed from the drawer. Giggle  

Mixed Melon Lemonade

• 4 cups melon, chunks (I used half cantaloupe/half honeydew)
  • 3/4 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 lemon, chopped
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons Truvia
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum

Blend in Vitamix for 30-40 seconds. Add 3-4 cups ice cubes, blend for 10-15 seconds. Serve.

SnowAngel

He who counts the stars and calls them by their names is in no danger of forgetting His own children. — C.H. Spurgeon

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 12, 2020 8:53 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

I've been playing with the Vitamix again, this time I was trying to make a replacement for yogurt jello (fruit yogurt + jello). I came up with a recipe using kefir instead of yogurt, just because we usually don't have extra yogurt, and gelatin + lemon or lime juice + berries for jello. The first flavor combo I made was lime blueberry, it was so yummy. Bats eyes Then I tried lemon raspberry and it was really good too.

Kefir Jello

1/2 cup water, cold
3 T. gelatin
1/2 cup water, hot
1/2 cup lemon juice or lime juice
1 T. NuStevia
3 cups kefir
2 1/2 cups berries/fruit (can be frozen)

Bloom gelatin in cold water for five minutes, then add to Vitamix. Add hot water, lemon juice, and NuStevia then blend for 30-45 seconds. Add kefir, blend for 15 seconds. Add berries/fruit, blend for 30-45 seconds. Pour into serving dish immediately (especially if using frozen berries/fruit). Will set up in just a few minutes if using frozen berries/fruits.

Oh, I tried whipped cream in the Vitamix, 20 seconds and no more. Grin  

SnowAngel

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2020 6:23 pm
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

@SnowAngel, I just realized that the Vitamix wasn't some kind of vitamin supplement thing but a blender. Tongue ROFL The kefir jello sounds yummy! I've never had kefir before, but I wonder if it's similar to skyr? 

Well, I am continuing my bread-making journey! I recently tried making pizza dough and succeeded! My mom also found a really yummy sauce that we used for the pizza sauce, so it tasted more like the pizza sauce I've been looking for. My family really enjoyed it! Yay!

I think I'm going to try sandwich bread next. I didn't know making bread could be so much fun! I especially enjoy kneading the dough!

~ Wunder

Resource List | Textures | Bases
WC: 4

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2020 6:08 pm
SnowAngel liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

This topic always makes me salivate! LOL That edible cookie dough sounds amazing, fantasia!

'Tis the season (from now until well into Autumn) where every meal we have has at least a few items either from our garden or from the local market (which only sources from farms within 75 kms). Many meals we have are comprised entirely of local produce, meat, baked goods—again, often from our own garden or kitchen (except the meat).

This week and today I made cornmeal, blueberry, and banana chocolate-chip muffins, as well as two peach pies. This is because family is coming to visit this weekend. Grin Tomorrow I am adding angel food cake with whipped cream, and slathered in raspberries. Our veggies will be all from our garden: beans, tomatoes, beets, lettuce. The latter two are supplemented from our local market, as the beets and lettuce are just beginning fully mature.

The peaches 'n cream corn this time of year is phenomenal. We always BBQ ours. I brush olive oil on each cob (husked) before cooking: this is so tasty no butter is needed! Scrumptious.

7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2020 1:06 pm
Page 47 / 47
Share: