Notifications
Clear all

Birdwatching

Page 2 / 2
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Guru Friend of NarniaWeb
Posted by: @aileth

Hey, if "he" can read enough to be insulted, we might have other issues!

Good point... ROFL (And you don't want swans getting mad at you, believe me. They have ridges inside their beaks that are almost as sharp as teeth, for grinding their food. I know from having made the mistake of feeding a black swan back in Australia and getting the edge of my hand bitten... ow!!!)

That's from my brother's camera (I didn't have my long lens that day, which is a rather long, sad story :-O) We were able to spend four months in the UK, and Conwy was one of those highlights you remember forever.

Oh wow, isn't it just??? I'm over the moon with the fact that, now that I'm pretty much permanently settled just on the edge of Manchester, North Wales is only a short drive away — 1 1/2 hours from my home to Conwy, which is my new favourite town and I'm looking forward to coming regularly for breaks and getting to know the area better.

Here's a heron on the same estuary, from my previous visit about three weeks ago:

PB020675.JPG

Some sentinel pigeons at Conwy Castle

PB020677.JPG

A cosier pair

PB020685.JPG

And two jackdaws, possibly distant relatives of the one who made (or was) the first joke in Narnia! Wink  

PB020701.JPG

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2021 2:46 pm
Narnian78 liked
Jasmine
(@jasminetarkheena)
NarniaWeb Nut

I've seen vultures in our yard. We were surprised how big they are. I consider them to be God's clean-up birds, to eat up a dead thing. I guess it's no wonder I wasn't traumatized by Tash's appearance in the stable in The Last Battle, let alone the illustration, where he's holding Rishda.

Anyhow, vultures can sense a dead animal even far a way. They help clean out the carcass to keep from decaying.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2021 2:59 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: