Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Time difference in Narnia.

heather_101
(@heather_101)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I was just wondering about the time stuff worked in Narnia and the real world. Like the first book they had been in Narnia for years, they were adults and when they returned they were adults. How does that work? For example. As you entered Narnia you were pregnant and you were in Narnia for months, would you have the baby? or would it be like no time had changed and if you did deliver the baby when you went back to the real world would you come back with the baby or be pregnant again?

I'm interesting to see what others think about this.

Topic starter Posted : May 20, 2011 7:33 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Lewis carefully avoided this sort of issue - his books were about children from our world going into Narnia to learn to know Someone here who is known as Aslan there.
When the children were ready (too old for Narnia) they stopped coming. The only adults who came in were Uncle Andrew, Frank and Helen.

Heather, the only possible person who came into Narnia as a married woman was Helen; she didn't leave Narnia, and Lewis didn't tell us her personal info!
It's just not important in Narnia.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 20, 2011 10:03 pm
juzuma loves lucy
(@juzuma-loves-lucy)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think that you will return still pregnant. Look, Pevensies were adults in Narnia, but when they returned, it was the same moment when they came in to the wardrobe.

Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.

Posted : June 5, 2011 8:17 pm
Share: