Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Songs that Remind you of Narnia

Page 5 / 6
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

That's so cool that you wrote music inspired by The Last Battle, King Erlian.

"How Far I'll Go" from the movie "Moana" reminds me of several Narnian Characters, like Caspian, Reepicheep and Shasta, who have always felt that they didn't belong where they grew up and were destined to live somewhere else.

I've been staring at the edge of the water
Long as I can remember
Never really knowing why
I wish I could be the perfect daughter
But I come back to the water
No matter how hard I try

Every turn I take
Every trail I track
Every path I make
Every road leads back to the place I know
Where I cannot go
Where I long to be

(This next part is really evocative of Reepicheep's story in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.)
See the light where the sky meets the sea
It calls me
No one knows how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know
If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go

I know everybody on this island
Seems so happy on this island
Everything is by design
I know everybody on this island
Has a role on this island
So maybe I could roll with mine

I can lead with pride
I can make us strong
I'll be satisfied if I play along
But the voice inside sings a different song
What is wrong with me

See the light as it shines on the sea
It's blinding
But no one knows how deep it goes
And it seems like it's calling out to me
So come find me
And let me know
What's beyond that line
Will I cross that line

See the light where the sky meets the sea
It calls me
And no one knows how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know
How far I'll go

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2018 4:23 am
GreatLionAslan
(@greatlionaslan)
NarniaWeb Newbie

this is an update to the Narnia Meets drum n bass playlist I posted last year

... 2KFTAouTSl

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 29, 2019 11:02 am
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

The song "Obstacles" by Syd Matters reminds me of Narnia. I guess it also reminds me of childhood in general...enjoying childhood, knowing worries are coming, but saving them for adulthood and enjoying the moment now.

Let's say sunshine for everyone
But as far as I can remember
We've been migratory animals
Living under changing weather

Someday we will foresee Obstacles
Through the blizzard, through the blizzard
Today we will sell our uniform
Live together, live together.

Blizzard
Blizzard
Blizzard
Blizzard
Blizzard...

We played hide and seek in waterfalls
We were younger, we were younger.
We played hide&seek in waterfalls

Someday we will foresee Obstacles
Through the blizzard, through the blizzard.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2019 6:28 pm
CallofHope
(@callofhope)
NarniaWeb Newbie

The song at the very end of Prince Caspian, The Call by Regina Spektor. I don't know if it was written for the film or not, but it males my cry and be almost hopeful everytime.

The Caller

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2019 2:13 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

Let's keep this thread going!

I saw 'Further Up/Further In' by MyEpic mentioned earlier on this thread - incidentally, my signature is a line from that song.

Also, I think that 'Not Over Yet' by For King and Country really fits.
The second verse is especially Narnian-sounding.

'Oh, game set match
It's time to put it in your past, oh
Feel the winter leaving
It's redemption season
Long live the young at heart (here we are)
Cheers to a brand new start (here we are)
We're revived and breathing
To live a life of freedom'

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2020 4:05 am
Dimitris
(@dimitris)
NarniaWeb Regular

I'll post a byzantine hymn from Orthodox church.

It's called: "Tον Κύριον υμνείτε" (=praise the Lord). The lyrics are in ancient Greek

It reminds me mainly the creation of Narnia (and video helps to that).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQpHmhuFJeY

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 29, 2020 10:19 am
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

"Sanctus" from Dan Forrest's Requiem for the Living tends to remind me of the mighty, joyful conclusion to the Last Battle.
It's easy to imagine the great, unspeakable transformation of Aslan hearing this music; it has a strong sense of finality and righteousness to it, just like the Real Narnia. Definitely worth a listen!

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 30, 2020 5:39 pm
Dimitris
(@dimitris)
NarniaWeb Regular

"Sanctus" from Dan Forrest's Requiem for the Living..

I had never heard it. That was very nice Cleander!

About "The Horse and his Boy" I choose this when Shasta escapes with the horse, and new horizons are opening up for him.

If HHB had a theme I think that would be this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2020 1:17 am
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

Awesome choices, Dimitris! (I like that your pick for the main theme was actually written by Harry Gregson-Williams! :D )

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2020 5:45 am
Dimitris
(@dimitris)
NarniaWeb Regular

Harry Gregson-Williams is a great composer! One of my favorites.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2020 10:05 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

Wow! There are a lot of great songs in this thread!

Harry Gregson-Williams is a great composer! One of my favorites.

I definitely agree. :)

I've always loved "Untame Lion" by Michelle Tumes. It reminds me of when Lucy mets Aslan in Prince Caspian."In Like a Lion (Always Winter)" by Relient K is another favorite. I believe it was supposed to be on the Music Inspired by the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe but didn't make the cut. I love this one because it really captures the feeling of how the Narnians must've felt with it being always winter and never Christmas.

One Narnia-themed song I randomly discovered was "My Name Is Eustace" by Benjamin Dunn and Friends. It caught my eye because the title had Eustace in it, so I listened to it and found that it was definitely about Eustace. I like this song because it has a different feel to it, yet it captures what Eustace went through.

"Believe" by Josh Groban really fits Lucy, I think, even though it was written for The Polar Express.

~Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 2, 2020 3:46 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

Lately, I have had this song on my mind.  It's called Salvage and it's by a super gifted songwriter called Brett Lee Miller.

For some reason, the song really reminds me of Eustace's undragoning and subsequent transformation in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.  

There aren't even any written copies of the lyrics online, which goes to show just how off-the-beaten-path the song is!

Super beautiful though.

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 9, 2020 9:47 am
Reepicheep775
(@reepicheep775)
NarniaWeb Junkie

"Marvelous Things" by Eisley always makes me think of Narnia. Apart from a possible MN reference i.e. "I woke the dawn / Saw horses growing out the lawn" (and their lead singer Sherri Dupree-Bemis has said she loves the Narnia book and even has a Lucy and Tumnus tattoo), this song reminds me of the 2007-08 era. It was the time when PC anticipation was in full swing and the time when I discovered both NarniaWeb and Eisley, so it all became associated in my mind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2020 11:28 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I wasn't sure where to put this topic at, so I thought I might as well put it in the movie discussion. I actually thought of whether the new Narnia film adaptations will have a song at the end credits. In the Walden, LWW had "Can't Take It In", "Wunderkind", and "Winter Light" ("Where" wasn't included in the film, but it's on the soundtrack); PC had "The Call", "Dance 'Round The Memory Tree", "This Is Home", and "Lucy"; VDT had "There Is A Place For Us."

I'm not sure what songs will be feature at the end credits for Narnia films or who will even sing them. Well, since we've had a discussion about What Movies Makes You Think Narnia?, I thought of what songs makes you think of Narnia? Here's one I could think of-

In a week, I'll be helping out at a VBS at another church. The theme is beach, and one of the songs we'll be singing is called "Ocean" by Ten Shekel Shirt:

It actually makes me think of Voyage of the Dawn Treader. When you listen to the words, "Something about the sunrise", the sun always rises in the east. Given that VDT takes place on the Eastern Ocean, the sun is always rising.

Is there any song that makes you think of Narnia?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 18, 2023 8:27 pm
Narnian78 liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I think bird songs would count as reminders of Narnia. The music does not have to be human. When I hear a wood thrush sing it is like something out of Narnia even though it is an American bird. A lot of classical music sounds as if it could almost be Narnian such as Pachelbel’s canon or Beethoven’s Pastoral Symphony. Mendelssohn’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, like Shakespeare’s play which inspired it, reminds me of Narnia and fairy tale music. The music often reminds you of certain locations in Nature (e.g. forests and other beautiful natural places) that are much like Narnia and other fantasy. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2023 4:34 am
Col Klink liked
Page 5 / 6
Share: