Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Character Sketches Included In Books?

Future Narnian
(@future-narnian)
NarniaWeb Regular

I just came across a strange reference in the Wikipedia article for the Lady of the Green Kirtle:

Some readers believe that Jadis and the Lady of The Green Kirtle are the same person. ...
The speculation is probably reinforced by the set of character sketches included in some later editions of the books. One sketch describes Jadis as "completely evil, even in The Silver Chair."

What character sketches are they talking about? I would love to see them.

Topic starter Posted : December 1, 2014 9:49 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

This comes from letting people write book notes when they have watched the BBC serials and not read the books properly.
I think I have seen something Doug Gresham wrote that didn't approve of this note, but can't remember the details (a few years ago).

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : December 1, 2014 6:42 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Yeah, it's in one of my copies of Silver Chair. A 1980's printing pictured here:

At the beginning, it gives a "cast of characters" for the entire Narnia series (including all the main characters from all the books.) That is where the description you provided is included.

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : December 2, 2014 3:07 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

Who wrote that cast list and the descriptions?

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : December 8, 2014 7:53 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I have one of those copies too where it explains that the White Witch and LOGK are the same person... just... #-o

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : May 20, 2015 10:59 pm
Share: