Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] William Moseley suggests existing narnia movies will be on Netflix soon, and they are working on Silver Chair next.

Reepi
(@reepi)
NarniaWeb Nut

https://www.cameo.com/v/6007861996441b001dc4cff7

In the above cameo video William Moseley says the existing Narnia movies will be on Netflix "soon", and they are working on Silver Chair next. Is William Moseley having some new information we don't, or is he going by older information which suggested Silver Chair was going to be the next movie made?

The statement that the existing movies will be on Netflix soon seems to suggests this is new and current information, and perhaps Netflix will continue the last attempts rather than start from scratch again.

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/9971/ymwz.jpg

Topic starter Posted : January 22, 2021 5:08 am
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

I would assume this is based off old information.

With the launch of Disney Plus, and Disney's acquisition of 20th Century Fox being specifically about building up their content library, I can't see that it would make much sense for Disney to suddenly start giving away content to rival platforms, especially not if that rival was then planning to use it to develop their own new content.

Posted : January 22, 2021 8:59 am
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm wondering if he meant LWW, PC + VDT will all by ADAPTED by Netflix, and they plan on also making the others that the Walden series didn't get around to. Just a confusing way to word it, since the Silver Chair movie got cancelled more than 2 years ago. That, and all Disney-owned movies and shows are being gradually phased out of Netflix and onto Disney+ (including Walden Narnia films, Star Wars, + Marvel Cinematic Universe). This transition has been happening since 2019 or so. 

Unless this is an old cameo. Or he's mistaken. Based on recent interviews with Anna + Georgie, I'd be surprised if he's that out of the loop in 2021. 

I did like the story about Sophie Cook's son on the train! 

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

Posted : January 22, 2021 11:52 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@glenwit what did he say about Sophie's son (apart from identifying who he was)?

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : January 22, 2021 1:18 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

There is no doubt in my mind that Will Moseley is remembering the old info of Joe Johnston and David Magee. 

Netflix bought the rights to all seven books, we know that much for a fact. And I can't imagine any possible way how they would make their own unique series starting off with the Silver Chair???

As for Narnia showing up on Netflix "soon", I guess that depends on your definition of "soon." I'm personally anticipating the end of 2022 or sometime in 2023 for the first installment. 

Posted : January 22, 2021 1:19 pm
Courtenay liked
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

@coracle

The boy + girl across from the Pevensies on the train in LWW film were the son/daughter of Sophie Cook (Susan in BBC Narnia, for anyone who doesn't know - whose attention I might have ?). 

On the outtakes reel, there's one clip of the boy pointing out the window going "Who keeps doing the lights??".  Will just provided some context behind that (he had never acted before and hadn't gotten the hang of staying focused on the scene yet.... referring to light effects mimicking sunlight refraction and make the train car look like it was moving.) Towards the end of the cameo, but thought it was a cute story. 

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

Posted : January 22, 2021 1:50 pm
Courtenay liked
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

Newsposter here. We have no reason to think that Will has current info. Of course we could be wrong. Giggle

Posted by: @fantasia

As for Narnia showing up on Netflix "soon", I guess that depends on your definition of "soon." I'm personally anticipating the end of 2022 or sometime in 2023 for the first installment. 

That is my estimated timeline as well. Pre-production can take a long time and the pandemic has delayed many things. Latter half of 2021 is my guess for when we'll get more concrete news.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : January 22, 2021 1:58 pm
Courtenay liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Yes, I thought that would  be it . 

Will can only tell people what he knows, but it might be helpful for him to remind his listeners that Netflix has taken over and won't be carrying on from where Walden stopped.

Sophie's two children were ideal cameos in the train carriage scene!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : January 22, 2021 2:08 pm
Jonathan Paravel
(@jonathan-paravel)
NarniaWeb Regular

I recall that William Moseley also shared some news about 3 years ago in a very excited way, about the Joe Johnston movie. I think it is great that he still seems to have a personal interest in Narnia. (I could be wrong.) Well, he also appeared in Narniaweb's 70th Anniversary video. It is so fun for me as a fan that a few of the actors still mention the stories with fondness.

I hope we get some news in 2021. In the grand scheme of things, 1 year is not a long time to wait. Well, we've waited eleven years already  Cool Smile !
I wonder if the Netflix Narnia producers will have the position that the fans need some news every 6 to 10 months to feel engaged- therefore will try to give an update at least once or twice a year. That would be nice.

I too was changed when I met the Lion.

Posted : March 2, 2021 3:06 am
Share: