Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Will they change the actors for the Pevensies after VDT?

Page 3 / 3
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

I highly doubt they would change the roles for the Pensevies in LB... by then age won't matter as much, and Eustace would be the only one by then (except maybe Jill) that we'd have to worry about. Now beside LB the only other one they would be in (with the possible exception of a cameo- but I don't think they'd change the roles for that either) is HHB, in which they're adults for the most part anyway... I'm gessing they'll keep the same cast for that one too, unless the actors don't want to return.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : May 23, 2011 5:12 pm
caleon
(@caleon)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I love Mark Wells (older Ed in LWW) but I imagine by the time they make the last film(s), IF they make them, the actors who played them will be too old to recast. It would make things nice & neat if they did, but probably more logistically feasible if they just ask Will, Skandar, Georgie and Anna to play the older Pevensies by that time. But who knows what projects they will be on to by then? Guess we have to wait and see for sure! I truthfully don't care, as long as the movies are well made and successful. :)

Posted : May 26, 2011 3:31 pm
juzuma loves lucy
(@juzuma-loves-lucy)
NarniaWeb Nut

No. I think the actors will be the same, but they will need older versions of Pevensies in HHB and LB, because

Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.

Posted : June 4, 2011 9:23 pm
MinotaurforAslan
(@minotaurforaslan)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@Juzuma...in both of those books the Pevensies are roughly the same age, and we know how old they are supposed to be according to C. S. Lewis's timeline. ( http://narnia.wikia.com/wiki/Narnian_timeline )

And if those movies ever get made, the original actors will be about the right age by then. :)

Posted : June 19, 2011 4:29 pm
juzuma loves lucy
(@juzuma-loves-lucy)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yes, MinotaurforAslan, between the hunt and HHB is 1 year of difference. In LB they grew up. From VDT film we learn that SC probably will be next, though nobody is sure. For example, the mist is green. Underworld is preparing to fight. And Jill Pole came to Eustace a moment after his return. So actors will have time to grow up, too. There won't be problem with stylising them like in LWW at the end. So it means... actors won't be changed. :)

Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.

Posted : June 23, 2011 1:56 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Yes, MinotaurforAslan, between the hunt and HHB is 1 year of difference. In LB they grew up. From VDT film we learn that SC probably will be next, though nobody is sure. For example, the mist is green. Underworld is preparing to fight. And Jill Pole came to Eustace a moment after his return. So actors will have time to grow up, too. There won't be problem with stylising them like in LWW at the end. So it means... actors won't be changed. :)

No matter how VDT ended, it looks like MN will be the next movie. Not SC. All the sources are indicating MN will be the next film, if there will be another film at all.

It's hard to say how much time will pass between now and the release date of the other movies. Especially when the fate of just one movie, MN, hangs in the balance. It could be years before we see another Narnia film. Or never. It's difficult to judge the possible age of the actors by a certain date, when no certain date is set, or perhaps even possible at all.

~Riella =:)

Posted : July 1, 2011 11:21 pm
SilverLynx
(@silverlynx)
NarniaWeb Regular

I'd love it if they could keep them, but it really does depend on when they'll be able to make these movies, which ones they choose next etc.

Posted : January 25, 2012 5:40 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: