Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Various Set & Prop Rumours

Page 2 / 3
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

#7: Leadlights from the Scrubbs House Set

Just in case you missed it in the Word On The Street section, there was a recent magazine article with the guy who did the Leadlights (stained glass windows) for Voyage of the Dawn Treader. It mentioned some of the details for the Scrubbs House set:

Doug walked through the sets in progress, and, at Sound Stage 5, a crew of builders was working swiftly to assemble a free-standing group of houseless, three-walled rooms. “The first batch of leadlights was for the rather drab and conventional Scrubb House, from which Lucy, Edmund and their cousin Eustace depart for Narnia.

Like i said in the WOTS article, i would imagine the leadlights in the Scrubbs house to perhaps be on the front door, or on some windows in the hallway. At the very least it seems the Scrubbs house set is going to be a fair bit more substantial than just the bedroom set.

http://www.narniaweb.com/2010/03/interview-with-doug-cartwright-leadlight-artist-for-vdt/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+narniaweb/combined+(NarniaWeb+Movie+News)

#8: Bike Prop from The Cambridge Street Scene Set

There is a Vintage 1940's/1950's Women's Bicycle Available on eBay that was used as a set prop in filming of the opening scenes of Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We've already had plenty of reports, photos and castings, that confirm that one of the opening scenes will feature a street scene with some 60 bicycles, several vintage cars, as well as some WWII-era military vehicles, possibly with a backdrop of Cambridge University.

Starting price is AU$250, which seems like a bargain price to own a piece of a Narnia film - assuming of course you could obtain some sort of authentication as to its use in the film (documents, photos, etc)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/1940's-1950's-Ladies-Bicycle.-Roadster-Vintage-Rare-Old_W0QQitemZ320507080394QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100326?IMSfp=TL100326222001r20961

Topic starter Posted : March 27, 2010 6:45 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

^Hmm... that's interesting. Perhaps this is the possible Peter/ Susan Cameo, or when Ed and Lucy go to their cousin's house, or it might just be an intro sort of camera panning thing to emphasize the setting (I hope that made sense)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : March 27, 2010 6:50 am
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

The Frabjous Day is not a rumor. Pass it on. Snicker-snack goes the vorpal blade and Alice is our champion.

Posted : April 1, 2010 12:09 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Alice is our champion

I... what?! That must be a rumour!

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : April 1, 2010 4:23 am
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

ALICE! You're terribly late, you know. Naughty girl. ;)) I do hope you haven't lost your muchness, for you were such a terribly much-y girl when I met you before.

Posted : April 1, 2010 9:55 am
Lady_Liln
(@lady_liln)
NarniaWeb Nut

*brushes Wonderland dust off the thread*

So, in my poking through the Narnia pictures on Tony Nixon's FB fan page, I came across a interesting comment.

There are so many photos out there. I've seen the London scene, the forrest scene, the dragon's lair, the Southport/Spit shots, obviously Cleveland, the quarry at Stapleton and the outside set at Warner Studios ( a certain village that they destroyed after production) Then they let us visit the Treader and take as many photos as we wanted.
Source.

A grain or two of salt to add to this: whoever it is that posts as "Tony Nixon - Official" is not Tony Nixon, but someone (more then one?) who controls the fan page. But, as far as I can tell, the person posting as "Tony Nixon" is indeed he.

I do believe we're aware of nearly all this, but I've not seen any forest scenes, so I'm wondering what that may refer to. . .

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place; this seemed the most fitting thread).

Posted : April 11, 2010 12:24 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Re: The forest scene...

http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=727

Douglas Gresham: We did a set, i'm going to try and tell this without giving too much away, we did a particular set which takes place in a kind of forest glade. It was built on a soundstage and it was absolutely perfect.
Ian Kath: I saw it
Douglas Gresham: You saw it?
Ian Kath: I saw it.
Douglas Gresham: You saw the Banquet?
Ian kath: No no, i missed the banquet, i saw it the day after
Douglas Gresham: It was just unreal. It was so unreal as to be unreal in the metaphoric sense.

I believe it's Ramandu's Island.

Posted : April 11, 2010 1:02 pm
Narnia_Fan12
(@narnia_fan12)
NarniaWeb Nut

The forest scene... possibly Coriakin's garden? His garden had a bunch of trees in it... :p

Leader of the A.N.T.I. M.U.P.P.E.T.Z. (American Nitwits Think Intelligently vs. Malevolent Undercover Pals Planning Eventual Takeover of Zivilization.) RP in Ditto Town! PM to join!

Posted : April 20, 2010 5:11 am
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

#9: The Bell Tower Set

A quick review of what we know of the Bell Tower set:

In a video report from Australia Sunrise News, one of the Stunt Men who worked on the movie describes a scene in which the stunt crew were required to slide down Bell Tower ropes. The scene he described was very similar to a scene in the leaked script which was set in a Bell Tower somewhere on the Lone Islands.

Since Dr Cornelius (who was featured in this scene) has now known to have been removed from the script, and several other follow on parts from this scene have also been known to have changed, it is not possible to say whether the scene will remain exactly the same in the final movie.

The Movie World Theme Park Set Tour contained a small portion of the Bell Tower set, including three identical statues which are bizarrely holding their own heads aloft from their shoulders (picture). The statues are situated amongst several hanging bells, one of which has crashed to the floor (picture) making a small crater in the tile work of the bell tower floor.

Several reports indicated that the statues were supposed to be of the Seven Lords. However, all the statues all identical to each other, whilst the carvings of each Lord on the Bell of the Dawn Treader (picture) are all unique. Also, the statues are all seen to be wearing crowns, which again the Seven Lords do not have.

In addition, aerial photos of the car park behind the studios from NearMap.com at the time of shooting showed numerous props and set components being stored there. It showed there to be at least 12 of these statues. Whilst some of these may be "spares" it does make it seem unlikely they are supposed to be of the Seven Lords.

#10: Temple Set

This comes from the online resume of sculptor / set decorator Michael Kean. Whether or not it describes one set or multiple sets im not sure, but i might assume that the "Temples, Trees and Roots" were all part of the same thing. Possibly part of some sort of ruins on Ramandu's Island? Deathwater? Who knows.

2009, Voyage of the Dawn Treader “Narnia” - Wanner Roadshow Studios (Sculptor)
Polystyrene carving, forming and fabricating - Artificial stone masonry, walls and fortification - Set decoration, Temples, Trees and roots - Artificial cliff and rock, concrete sculpting and texturing - Custom hand tool manufacturing

http://www.eeaa.com.au/work_wanted.php?workwanted_id=147

I believe you can see some of the trees and roots and pieces in this aerial photo from NearMap.com (scroll to the right slightly)

Topic starter Posted : June 6, 2010 2:24 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

^^ awesome! I think it's Ramandu's Island!

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : June 6, 2010 3:50 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

The forest scene sounds more like Ramandu's Island or when Eustace ventures off by himself. We'll see. ;)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : June 7, 2010 1:12 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

I was pretty bored today, so i added a couple of photos to the previous post and added in a summary of details about the Bell Tower set (there isn't really any "new" details about that set to report though, but it fitted in neatly in terms of the photos relating to the Temple Set).

I also tidied up some bits and pieces on the first page though i didn't change any of the content, even though in the case of the Library Set where we now know exactly what it looks like. I'll leave the posts as they are for historical record - wouldn't want to go back and change it and make it look as if i knew all these new things way back then ;)

Topic starter Posted : August 8, 2010 8:21 am
jesus_girl2016
(@jesus_girl2016)
NarniaWeb Regular

Just a random thought - Could the rose garden possibly be part of the dragon Island or Deathwater? (completely random, uneducated thought :) )

Posted : August 11, 2010 9:21 am
Trufflehunter
(@trufflehunter)
NarniaWeb Nut

The statues holding their own heads is just so weird, i cannot even begin to fathom who they are supposed to represent, why, and where!

"I'm a beast I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on. I say great good will come of it... And we beasts remember, even if Dwarfs forget, that Narnia was never right except when a son of Adam was King." -Trufflehunter

Posted : August 12, 2010 11:48 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Looks like a scene from Dr Who!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : August 12, 2010 10:04 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: