Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Silver Chair or Magician's Nephew Next?

Page 2 / 7
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

From my interview with him at the Beverly Center last month, I had an additional question for Michael Apted about dealing with slavery in Amazing Grace and in VDT.

But he answered it kind of indirectly by referring to Christian themes and making a movie for a broader audience; so I didn't send it in. And also the noise level got high then.

But I did ask a related follow-up question which is close to what I said (the red words I had to guess). But his answer on my recorder was very clear:

G. Glum: So the slavery side of Narnia is different from what you did before?

M. Apted: That's really in The Silver Chair. That's the next one.

It's not an official confirmation about SC's being the next film; but it does confirm he thought it would At least to me. :D

Loyal2Tirian
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

Posted : December 7, 2010 8:55 am
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

Due to eutace's age already, it would make more sense to do sc next then MN.

Posted : December 7, 2010 11:04 pm
MinotaurforAslan
(@minotaurforaslan)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I'd rather have them do The Silver Chair just so we can have a Narnia movie without the White Witch, for once. :p To be honest, I'm getting kind of sick of her.

Edmund will be gone, so there's absolutely no reason or excuse that the filmmakers could possibly have to make her appear again.

Posted : December 13, 2010 7:47 pm
Tirian541
(@tirian541)
NarniaWeb Regular

I think the Silver Chair will be next cause of the "spoiler" name drop at the end of VDT. Plus it would be the next book that C.S.Lewis wrote/published, right?

Unless they cast the Lady of the Green Kirtle the same as the White Witch, we wouldn't be seeing the White Witch till the Magician's Nephew.

Posted : December 14, 2010 11:44 am
WhiteWitch
(@whitewitch)
NarniaWeb Regular

I hope the next movie is The Silver Chair. That will be a big epic movie with giants, Underground Kingdom, gnome army.

I do hope the White Witch is in it. She could be in the green mist guiding the Lady of the Green Kirtle and giving her power. It would be a nice continuation since they have been using her in the last two movies as trying to return.

Posted : December 14, 2010 5:10 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Ok at this point the only way I can see this working is if they filmed them simultaneously. Too bad it probably won't happen due to budetary concerns. The problem is that SC is dark, in terms of both mood and content, and we're likely to lose whatever audience we have left that wasn't turned off by PC. On the other hand not filming SC now could be disatrous because Will Poulter is outgrowing his role. It would be perfect if they could do them both, we even have two directors! The only thing this plan lacks, is the budget :((

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : December 15, 2010 3:10 am
Timo
 Timo
(@timo)
NarniaWeb Regular

The problem of Prince Caspian wasn't that it was too dark... It was an overal less better movie than LWW, les believable and too 'epic'.
There's enough magic in SC to make an incredible movie out of it. SC should be next, but I'll be very excited if they choose to film MN :)

Posted : December 15, 2010 5:33 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

Well the darkness/ violence was a problem, that can't be denied. Every time I mentioned it to somebody, they'd all say either "I didn't know they were making another one" or "I heard that movie was violent." And I actually thought it was very believable, but I see what you're saying...it certainly wasn't the only problem ;)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : December 15, 2010 6:26 am
WhiteWitch
(@whitewitch)
NarniaWeb Regular

I've liked all the movies so far.... Can't wait for Silver Chair!!! It's a big epic story!!

Posted : December 19, 2010 2:54 pm
WhiteWitch
(@whitewitch)
NarniaWeb Regular

The books have violence and darkness in them. That makes for an exciting movie or book. So what is the problem? The Silver Chair will be an epic movie with a journey into the northland where they will have to face giants before they go deep underground to a city where the Lady in Green has a giant gnome army digging up through the ground to invade Narnia. This will make for a tense, exciting movie.

Posted : December 19, 2010 3:06 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

SC should definitely be next as it was all set up with VDT, plus of course the actor-aging aspect. :-s

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

Posted : December 19, 2010 3:40 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

The books have violence and darkness in them. That makes for an exciting movie or book. So what is the problem?

That's the problem, because I believe I've read Walden's contractually abligued (sp fail) not to make any PG-13 or R rated movies, that's why they've been changing some scenes, esp. the undragoning. Secondly, there was quite a bit of uproar from parents that PC was dark and violent, and that it should have been PG-13. Inevitably SC and LB and parts of HHB and MN are kind of stuck in a trap... which could lead to major changes.

Posted : December 19, 2010 3:41 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Really, Walden's bound by contract to only do PG movies? That's a bit disappointing....I thought PC was rated PG-13.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

Posted : December 19, 2010 3:47 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

Really, Walden's bound by contract to only do PG movies? That's a bit disappointing....I thought PC was rated PG-13.

Nope, in Austrailia it was rated M which is their PG-13 equivilent, but everywhere else it was PG.

Posted : December 19, 2010 4:01 pm
Queen Emmie
(@queen-emmie)
NarniaWeb Regular

I think we can safely expect "The Silver Chair" to be next....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1223947/

"Lucy, have you seen this ship before?"
"Yes! It's very Narnian-looking, isn't it?"

Posted : December 19, 2010 4:19 pm
Page 2 / 7
Share: