Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Ben Barnes not in Silver Chair? :(( [UPDATED]

Page 1 / 3
aslanscountry
(@aslanscountry)
NarniaWeb Nut

I don't want to put this in the News section even though it's from an interview with Mr. Barnes himself, cos it's not in direct quote and there's a possibility Fox hasn't signed anyone at the moment as they want to see how well VoDT does.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/entertai ... story.html

This Narnia film could be Barnes's last. He isn't signed for any more sequels, which shouldn't surprise fans of the books.

"In The Silver Chair (1953) Caspian is a very old man," Barnes says. "I'd like to see them do the whole series. I've grown to love doing sword fights and riding horses.

If the film gets made and he's not returning, I'll be VERY disappointed :((

You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye

Topic starter Posted : December 8, 2010 10:23 am
Kira
 Kira
(@kira)
NarniaWeb Nut

But but! He becomes a young man again the the end of Silver Chair! :-o

Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am He, I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
- Isaiah 46:4

Posted : December 8, 2010 1:13 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

I hope he plays his younger self, but this wouldn't devastate me as much as recasting Eustace since ge's a main character...

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : December 8, 2010 1:20 pm
aslanscountry
(@aslanscountry)
NarniaWeb Nut

they might just as well reboot the whole series. sigh.

You'll come back when they call you
No need to say goodbye

Topic starter Posted : December 8, 2010 1:26 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

He could be in old age makeup and come back as his young self just like in the book. I don't think they would or should do any recasting and if they did, I'd stop watching. [-(

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

Posted : December 8, 2010 1:40 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

It would be considered a cameo and not a regular role which may not require a signed contract. He could likely do most of his acting within 2-3 days and with the future of the films still in question, they may not have wanted a contract out.

However, don't forget, we didn't know about the cameos of the older two Pevensies for certain until not long before this movie actually came out. So we may not know anything for certain until up close to SC.

Posted : December 9, 2010 1:19 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Now, I'm not 100% sure of this, but I am certain I remember when Ben signed on for Prince Caspian, he signed on for a three movie deal, including SC. I suspect when Disney jumped ship that contract may have been voided because Walden didn't even know if they were going to carry on.

At any rate, it may very well be Ben's last movie cause the box office numbers thus far aren't making me feel too hopeful about future movies.

But I'm sure, nearly positive, that if they do go on and make SC, Ben will be there. They definitely wanted him for it at one point in time, I doubt they've changed their minds. Especially considering how hard they try to wheedle characters from the previous movies into the current movie that aren't supposed to be there. ;)) At least Caspian IS in SC. And I also do know for a fact that they talked about Ben in old man makeup at one point. I have that in an interview.

Yeah, not too worried. ;)) :)

Posted : December 9, 2010 4:18 am
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Yeah, like I said in another thread... old makeup (Ben Barnes doesn't seem like he'd mind that, going by that interview Fantasia Kitty!) and then returning young. Otherwise we won't be so happy when he gets young again. It'll be like...who's that?? Wait...Yidlik Hamnoviack? Who's he...? =))

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : December 9, 2010 6:55 am
Lirenel
(@lirenel)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think I mentioned in another thread, even the cast of the LOTR movies weren't 'set' to do the Hobbit, though their characters will definitely be in it, until the movie was greenlit and now we're getting tons of reports of actors signing on. We just have to wait a little while. ;)

With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

My overview of VODT: http://lady-lirenel.livejournal.com/151965.html

Posted : December 9, 2010 5:02 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

No!!!!!! I want to see Ben as both old and young in SC!! :((

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : December 9, 2010 6:54 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

He hadn't signed anything.... which is not an indicator of anything.
Some major players in The Hobbit haven't signed their contracts yet - and it starts filming in a few weeks!
Don't panic.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : December 9, 2010 8:11 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Yay!! This is so exciting! I'm glad to know it's not a definite no!!

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

Posted : December 10, 2010 5:23 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

He' better be in Silver Chair, Michael Apted needs to explain Caspian/Lilliandil's relationship more!!!!!!!

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : December 11, 2010 6:48 am
Aravis Narnia
(@aravis-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

They can do a flashback of him. A flashback of the Caspian x Lilliandil wedding would be fine at the beginning of SC.

Posted : December 12, 2010 2:18 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

I agree I hope they start SC in Narnia with a flashback or two, showing Rilian finding out what happened to his mother and hunting the serpent and maybe the wedding

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : December 12, 2010 2:24 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: