Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Dawn Treader Model Ship

StBrianofMinneapolis
(@stbrianofminneapolis)
NarniaWeb Regular

There is an ok looking model of the Dawn Treader at the site below. It's not all that accurate, but definitely a step up from the tiny French porcelain and Australian kids meal Dawn Treaders.

http://www.handcraftedmodelships.com/mo ... wn&x=0&y=0

Topic starter Posted : December 16, 2010 3:10 pm
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

I added this to the LoM last night. This is really exciting! I'll definitely get one of those when I have the money.

It's the perfect size btw, Imagine having one of these on your desk. :)

Brian, I know you're very talented when it comes to detailed painting. I'm sure you'd be able to do much better than that. :)

THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM

Posted : December 16, 2010 9:22 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

I would love to have one of them but i don't think i will spend 90 dollars on it.

Posted : December 23, 2010 9:10 pm
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

I ordered one of these yesterday, I'll post some photos of it here once I get it. :D

Posted : December 27, 2010 6:05 am
fett42
(@fett42)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I would definitely be interested to see your personal photos of the model ship. As soon as I saw the Dawn Treader appear on screen in the movie, I said "I have to own a model of this boat!" I love dragons and the boat is simply awesome. I wanted to buy the $90 model, but held off because of some missing details.

Posted : January 11, 2011 5:25 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Here's one you can make yourself:

http://home.clara.net/rogerpattenden/dawntreader.html

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : January 11, 2011 6:31 am
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

I would definitely be interested to see your personal photos of the model ship. As soon as I saw the Dawn Treader appear on screen in the movie, I said "I have to own a model of this boat!" I love dragons and the boat is simply awesome. I wanted to buy the $90 model, but held off because of some missing details.

Yeah, there are some details missing, that's true, but it still looks pretty good. I mean, the paintwork is a bit sloppy here and there, but the overall impression you get from it is that it's really detailed. This is probably due to the scale of it. Anyway, this is the only model of the ship we have atm.

Here are some photos of it:

I've added a more shiny layer of gold paint to the gold coloured details on my ship. The first two photos illustrate the difference between the original gold paint (first photo) and the new layer (second photo).

Posted : January 13, 2011 1:23 am
fett42
(@fett42)
NarniaWeb Newbie

The ship does look pretty good. If it had the gold chest plate on the front and the Narnia symbol on the sail, it'd be a definite buy from me. I still might buy it, but I'm undecided as of yet.

Thank you for sharing your photos of the Dawn Treader. It sounds like you are fairly satisfied with the purchase, which is a great thing.

Posted : January 14, 2011 6:58 am
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Maybe we could contact Handcraftedmodelships.com and ask if they could fix these things for us?

(I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago asking about the making of the model and I still haven't received a reply from them, but I could ask again. ;) )

Posted : January 14, 2011 2:20 pm
Cymru
(@cymru)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm so thankful to have a Dawn Treader ship at all, that I'll be throwing my money down on this as soon as I have the chance. I have passed over several Narnia items the last few years, holding out for a Dawn Treader for the mantle - then, almost nothing came out for this film! I was so disappointed. They made more for the Caspian film than anything else, and it's not nearly as iconic!

Thank you to whoever decided to release this ship!!!

That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong. ~ F.Scott Fitzgerald

Posted : February 28, 2011 2:35 pm
Share: