Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Box set

Chervy
(@chervy)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Does anyone have this edition?

https://www2.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-c ... 60244880#/

I'm interested in whether there are numbers on the spines under the dust jacket. It could be a viable replacement for my pre-renumbering set.

Topic starter Posted : May 25, 2018 5:46 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

And in case you don't know it, here is our preferred reading order, Chervy!

LWW, PC, VDT, SC, HHB, MN, LB (using the standard initials for the books) is what many Narnia readers say is the best order for a first reading, being the Published Order.

It's sometimes referred to as '2456317' (using the numbers on modern editions of the books, based on the exact chronological order).

Good luck with putting them into the order you want.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 30, 2018 10:36 am
Chervy
(@chervy)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Yes, I know about the ordering. That's why I asked the question. No point buying them if there are also numbers on the spine under the jacket.

Topic starter Posted : May 31, 2018 2:29 am
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

Don't have this edition, but most likely they have the exact same thing underneath, judging by the usual procedure for book publishing. You might get lucky, though it's doubtful. Would a discreet little sticker to cover the "error" be in order, if you really like the set?

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

Posted : May 31, 2018 6:10 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Chervy, I know at least one person who has put 'correction' stickers over the numbers on their copies, and written the preferred order on!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 31, 2018 11:49 am
Share: