Greetings fellow "Narniacs",

This is my first piece of Narnian fan art. I don't know if I posted it in the

right place in the right way, but I hope you all like it 😀 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 14, 2022 8:06 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Welcome to NarniaWeb, jrosg7! You indeed found the right place to post your art, and attaching it is perfectly acceptable. Grin

I really like your piece! You've got a nice use of colour and I'm impressed by the texture of and highlights/shading in her hair. I also like the design of her crown and how you used the negative space of the paper to form part of her ruff/mantle. Thank you for sharing! Smile

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 14, 2022 9:07 pm
jrosg7
(@jrosg7)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@valiantarcher Good morning valiantarcher,

Thank you for the wonderful compliments on my piece. I know that Queen Jadis is said to have cruel, hard facial features, but I wanted to give her a friendly looking visage. After I finished the piece, I thought, now if anyone who crossed her path were to see a gentle, soft countenance, they would be completely blindsided by her evil acts!

Thanks again, & I'm happy to be here Smile  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2022 3:56 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Thank you for the further explanation, jrosg7. Smile I had noticed she looked deceptively friendly - I could see Edmund accepting her food and drink with that expression easily!

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 15, 2022 5:41 pm
jrosg7
(@jrosg7)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@valiantarcher You're welcome, valiantarcher đŸ€—Â 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 16, 2022 4:25 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@jrosg7 Very nice! I like the icy crown, and it is definitely an interesting take on her to have her so soft and friendly. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 14, 2023 4:30 pm
Share: