Share:
Notifications
Clear all

A drawing of Coriakin?

Page 1 / 2
Mklyz
(@mklyz)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hi, some years ago (in 2006-2007) I saw a great fan picture of Coriakin posted there; it was just a sketch, without color, but really detailed and very similar to how he was described in the book (i. e. the staff, the chaplet of oak leaves, the beard falling to his girdle, etc.) I wonder if it's still available and/or if anyone happens to remember the author. Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 28, 2018 6:23 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Hi Mklyz

I have a copy of this drawing, which I saved to my hard drive. It is dated, but unfortunately it doesn't have any information about the artist.
I will try to contact a friend who I think has more information about it. In the meantime, I can't share the picture.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 28, 2018 11:44 am
Mklyz
(@mklyz)
NarniaWeb Regular

Ok, thank you! You mean you need the artist's name to share it?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 28, 2018 11:10 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

Yes, because the person will have been a member on our old site (we upgraded in 2009), and I think they didn't re-register on here.
If I find the name, then I can try to find the person via social media etc.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 29, 2018 11:02 am
Mklyz
(@mklyz)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hi, any updates on that? :)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 2, 2019 4:10 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

Sorry not yet. I will try to contact someone the next few days to a else about it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 2, 2019 8:14 pm
Mklyz
(@mklyz)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thanks a lot! :)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 3, 2019 9:45 am
coracle
(@coracle)

Hi Mklyz, I have emailed my contact, and got a reply saying that they remember the drawing and the artist. The contact is away from home at present, but will try to find the name when they return home.
It's possible that they have a way to contact the artist... *hopeful*

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 4, 2019 9:24 am
Mklyz
(@mklyz)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thanx again! I remember it was really high-quality, would be a pity if it was lost.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 8, 2019 9:36 pm
Mklyz
(@mklyz)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hello, any news about the artist?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 4, 2019 1:35 am
coracle
(@coracle)

Sorry, my contact has not got home yet.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 5, 2019 7:53 am
Mklyz
(@mklyz)
NarniaWeb Regular

Sorry, my contact has not got home yet.

Alright, thank you!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 2, 2019 11:17 am
coracle
(@coracle)

Hi, I've tried asking again, so let's hope they can locate it this time. It's such a lovely sketch, I want to respect the artist.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2021 6:41 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

Although my contact has not yet been able to access the information, it has been agreed that I can post the drawing on here with the following disclaimer:

This drawing of Coriakin was posted by a member in 2006, on the original version of NarniaWeb, which is no longer available.  I liked the picture very much, and saved a copy to my hard drive.

In the last couple of years we have been trying to trace the artist, without knowing their real name or contact details.  One possible lead was not successful in finding the name.

So I am reposting the drawing, hoping that the artist will revisit and contact me (and give their permission for it to be shared). 
At present, please don’t re-copy it, as it’s still someone’s original work. Please just enjoy it.

Thank you.

Please click the link:

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 18, 2021 12:00 am
GiigiPevensie, Mickey, SnowAngel and 1 people liked
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

That's a really beautiful drawing — glad we're able to see it and I hope the artist will come forward some day! Thank you, @coracle (and NarniaWeb mod team). Smile  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 18, 2021 10:38 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: