Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What will Netflix call their Narnia franchise?

Page 2 / 2
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular

I can't see anything besides "The Chronicles of Narnia" to be honest.  I wonder if they would go the BBC route and include a classic-looking book into the intro or try to make it look like some historical record is being uncovered.  It is the only way the "Chronicles" part would make sense.  Though, come to think of it, who exactly IS chronicling Narnia?  This is treading dangerously into "book" territory so my random brain train is going to get derailed here.  Maybe for the adaptation (there, I'm back on topic) they can show an older Digory writing in a journal.  

"The Adventures of Narnia" sort of makes sense, I guess, if they really imagine the need to change the series title.  I get that "Chronicles" makes it wordy and it more book-oriented but it's so hard to imagine anything else.  Audiences might get confused if it is anything else.  Usually documentaries of "behind the scenes" looks or about the author would have a different title like "Journies Through Narnia".  Recognizability would be important.

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 9, 2021 11:39 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

One thing that recently stood out to me was this part of the Magicians Nephew, which really binds the whole series together:

“Far overhead from beyond the veil of blue sky which hid them the stars sang again; a pure, cold, difficult music. Then there came a swift flash like fire (but it burnt nobody) either from the sky or from the Lion itself, and every drop of blood tingled in the children's bodies, and the deepest, wildest voice they had ever heard was saying: "Narnia, Narnia, Narnia, awake. Love. Think. Speak. Be walking trees. Be talking beasts. Be divine waters.”

Especially that last part.

"Narnia, Narnia, Narnia, awake. Love. Think. Speak. Be walking trees. Be talking beasts. Be divine waters.”

If they could somehow come up with a concise yet catchy series title based on this line, I think it would be a really neat way of standing out. 

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2021 3:39 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

They could call it The Chronicles of Narnia. They might create a new logo for it. I imagine Netflix would give Narnia a different look than the Walden trilogy. It would be something unique.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2021 8:38 pm
Sir Cabbage
(@sir-cabbage)
NarniaWeb Regular

I am leaning (and hoping) towards them actually calling it 'The Chronicles of Narnia'. Though I'm sure it will get shortened to 'Narnia/the Narnia series' in a lot of instances.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2021 2:54 pm
Jasmine liked
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

I honestly think they'll just call it 'The Chronicles of Narnia' myself. I can't see anything else being as eloquent or catchy.  Why fix what ain't broken, I suppose?

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2021 4:01 pm
rainyweather
(@rainyweather)
NarniaWeb Nut

Even if it is a bit wordy, 'The Chronicles of Narnia' is the true name of the series and no other name will really be quite the same. 'Narnia' is also fine, since it's basically a shortening of the title, as others have mentioned. I prefer one of these two names, or both, to anything else. Or they could drop the 'The' and just say 'Chronicles of Narnia' (but that does sound a little strange to me).

Some names others have mentioned that don't sound bad to me, are things like 'The Land of Narnia' or 'The Realm of Narnia'. I would be okay with Netflix using either of those.

'Adventures in Narnia' is also a decent one, in my opinion. Along the lines of that, they could also do 'The Adventures of Narnia' (though I think I like the first better).

One that popped into my head is 'Narnia: The Series', but it sounds so cheesy and silly Giggle .

Less terrible and cringy names that crossed my mind include 'Tales of Narnia' or 'Stories of Narnia'. I prefer 'Tales' to 'Stories', though. I actually think 'Tales of Narnia' conveys a similar meaning to 'The Chronicles of Narnia', but it's shorter and different from past adaptations- which might be two things Netflix is looking for in a franchise title. In the end, however, I will always personally prefer 'The Chronicles of Narnia' / 'Narnia'.

This post was modified 2 years ago by rainyweather

"We shall all, in the end,
be led to where we belong.
We shall all, in the end,
find our way home."

- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 27, 2022 4:58 pm
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

How about C. S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2022 11:53 am
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie
Posted by: @jewel

How about C. S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia

I'm not sure they'd want to do that because C. S. Lewis is famous for being a Christian apologist and they (presumably) don't want to alienate non-Christians. Then again, if that's a concern, they probably wouldn't be doing Narnia at all.

Oh, wait. They aren't. Wink  

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2022 1:57 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Just relooked at this thread; I noticed someone concerned about offending atheists by using Aslan as the main focus.

I have read several people's comments in the past that they loved the books as stories, and didn't know there was a Christian connection. In fact, some got angry when it appeared they were being given a message they didn't want. 

Lewis didn't write sentimental Sunday School stories for church kids. He wrote stories of adventure, heroism, nobility, loyalty and joy. He didn't try to fool atheists, but to show these qualities in each story. 

If atheists would be offended, they could just avoid them, in the same way I avoid movies and TV programmes that would offend me!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2022 2:18 pm
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

That's quite silly if some atheists are offended by Narnia. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by jewel
ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2022 6:50 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

It's hard to say what Netflix will call the series: Narnia or The Chronicles of Narnia. They could call it The Narnia Chronicles or The Records of Narnia. It could simply be called Narnia, since the series wasn't published in chronological order (except for The Last Battle, which remains as number 7).

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2022 8:12 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: