Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What is your prediction for how Netflix Narnia would name their episodes? Poll was created on Apr 28, 2021

Poll results: What is your prediction for how Netflix Narnia would name their episodes?
Voter(s): 12
Poll was created on Apr 28, 2021
Just numbers  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%
"Lucy Looks Into the Wardrobe", "a Day with the Beavers", etc., don't have to do much digging  -  votes: 4 / 33.3%
33.3%
Innovative titles that could come from anywhere  -  votes: 2 / 16.7%
16.7%
Combination of 2 and 3  -  votes: 6 / 50%
50%
This poll is pointless 'cuz they'll all be movies  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%

[Closed] Episode Titles for Netflix?

Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

Since there's been a lot of speculation that the Netflix reboot will be in episodic format (similar to A Series of Unfortunate Events & His Dark Materials), I'm curious how they would approach episode titles if this is actually the case.

I'm curious if they would simply do Episode (Number), name episodes after specific lines from the books (like chapter titles), or go the 'Anne with an E' route (which was to give each episode a creative title based on various quotes from various classical authors), or a combination of the latter two.

What do you guys think?

I would personally hope that the creators would find a way of naming episodes that previous Narnia TV series (and there's been two) hadn't done before.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm just referring to the MAIN series/book adaptations.  Not the potential spin-offs.

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

Topic starter Posted : April 28, 2021 10:58 am
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

I always like episode titles which are slightly enigmatic at first. Ones which make you curious as to why it's named that way when it comes up on screen at the start of the episode..... And then just by the time you've almost forgotten what it was, you get the pay-off towards the end of the episode, and you are like "ahhhh, so that's why it was called that". Always makes for a satisfying moment of connecting the dots.

Posted : April 28, 2021 11:44 am
High King Pete The Magnificent
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

Honestly, I like the existing chapter titles, and would like if they were the titles for episodes. I mean 'A Day with the Beavers' can't really get more specific. But I agree with @icarus, that some puzzling chapter titles would be awesome, especially for chapters/ episodes that are move major plot lines. Maybe 'Star-crossed' for the episode/chapter where King Caspian meets Ramandu's Daughter? 

I tried to think of some puns for a while to share that could be possible eps titles, but so far haven't been successful. If I do, I'll edit this post. But can anyone else think of some funny episode titles?

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant
A Narnian Fan Survey!: https://forms.gle/cGghFjQyxmA4jPGq6

Posted : April 28, 2021 11:58 am
Glenwit liked
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

I'm going for "combination of 2 and 3" — some episode titles borrowed from the chapters in the books, some new and innovative ones. After all, the episode breaks won't necessarily always follow the chapter breaks exactly.

I don't know if this was changed for the American market, but the BBC TV version of Narnia only had numbers for its episodes. Which at least doesn't give away any spoilers, but it's a little boring!

I don't know if anyone knows whether the 1967 ITV adaptation of LWW named or numbered its episodes (there were 10 of them) — only two are known to survive and I think there's only one, "Episode 8 Part 1", available on YouTube. It doesn't include the opening credits, so it's not clear what the episode was called, if anything. I would guess that version also used episode numbers rather than names.

Overall, I'd like it if Netflix gave titles to the episodes, but it doesn't worry me if they simply number them. I'm more concerned about whether or not they'll do justice to the stories themselves!! Grin Here's hoping...

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : April 28, 2021 5:35 pm
GracePevensie15
(@gracepevensie15)
Member Friend of NarniaWeb

Honestly, I don’t even watch Netflix so I’m not sure how they normally title their episodes. But I would love it if they named each individual episode like the example, “Lucy Looks Into the Wardrobe,” etc..

I’m a big fan of The Chosen, and recently they named one of their episodes “Matthew 4:24.” Which I thought was kind of strange. So I would like it if Netflix named the Narnia episodes more creatively, and don’t just put “chapter 1” or “part 1” for the episode names.

Life is short, live it well ♥️

Posted : April 28, 2021 6:52 pm
Glenwit and Courtenay liked
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @courtenay

I don't know if anyone knows whether the 1967 ITV adaptation of LWW named or numbered its episodes (there were 10 of them)

According to IMDB, they were all named! It seems ITV picked 'Option 2' LOL  

This is the journey
This is the trial
Here we go

Topic starter Posted : April 29, 2021 6:53 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
Posted by: @glenwit

According to IMDB, they were all named! It seems ITV picked 'Option 2' LOL  

Interesting — I've just looked it up on IMDB and I can't see anything there that tells us what the episode names were. Unless I need an IMDB subscription to see that? I'd be interested to know what you found there, Glenwit.

(Prince Caspian)

Posted : April 29, 2021 10:44 am
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

@courtenay

They've got a section called "Episode Guide"!  Lists all of the episodes, their names, etc.

This is the journey
This is the trial
Here we go

Topic starter Posted : April 29, 2021 2:21 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

@glenwit Oh, thanks, I didn't see that — the link right near the top! Here's the list of episodes, if anyone else is interested. I see they're all either the same as the chapter titles or close to them, except for the last one, "The Battle". I personally would like a more evocative and meaningful title than that for the grand finale, but I wasn't writing the screenplay... Grin  

(Prince Caspian)

Posted : April 29, 2021 2:27 pm
Glenwit liked
KingEdTheJust
(@kingedthejust)
NarniaWeb Nut

I also wish that Netflix would come up with creative titles for their episodes. I agree with everybody else that they would keep it simple and not got too far with the title names. I hope they don't give away the whole episode in the title, I like the ones that give you little detail about it but just enough that you have no idea. I also think that they actually might make movies because they would have some background information based on the other films.  

@highkingpete  Ok, so this isn't one of my best puns, but I'm thinking for the one where Edmund lies about going to Narnia it would go something like   Ep. 4   Edmund is Li-on  (it's a joke on lying, but I put lion for Aslan) Giggle  

"But even a traitor may mend. I have known one that did." - (King Edmund the Just, Horse and his Boy)

Posted : April 29, 2021 5:23 pm
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

I can always count on you to be corny Ed! Silly  

Lucky for you, we're related, and I thought of some cheesy titles too 

LWW:

(Chapter 5) Narnia your Business!

(Chapter 15) Gwania to the rescue! or Uno Reverse Magic

SC:

(Chapter 2) Taskmaster 2.0 (I love that show!!)

(Chapter 5) Local Glum Gloomy Guy gets gloomier, and the weather...

(Chapter 6) Try saying wicked wild wastelands three times fast, go!

(Chapter 13) The ex-Queen of the Underlands

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant
A Narnian Fan Survey!: https://forms.gle/cGghFjQyxmA4jPGq6

Posted : April 29, 2021 8:43 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @highkingpete

(Chapter 15) Gwania to the rescue! or Uno Reverse Magic

I love that one, but they might run into some copyright issues if they tried to use it Giggle  

This is the journey
This is the trial
Here we go

Topic starter Posted : April 30, 2021 7:41 am
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

You're right @glenwit, here's an alternative:

LWW (Chapter 15) *Narnia expected that!

*none of ya'