Notifications
Clear all

Corrupt a Wish

Page 2 / 5
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @waggawerewolf27

Oh, how reasonable is your desire! Your housework does do itself. However, it is almost impossible to find anything afterwards, in the nice, tidy, clean home you now have.

One of my favourite real life reasons for not doing too much housework! Grin  

I wish that I no longer had to submit a tax return by the 31st of October. 

Boom! You no longer have to submit your tax return by the 31st of October... you now have to submit it by the 14th of October. Oops, that was yesterday. Wink  

I wish I could fall in love AND have the guy in question feel the same way. Love  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2023 11:40 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Oh, wonderful! Being such a lovely person, you actually do fall in love & the guy, in question feels the same way - threefold, when he is one of a set of identical triplets, & only a very clever Goldilocks sort of person, can really decide which triplet is "just right". Bats eyes Eyebrow    Whistling

I wish I could find all the missing bits & pieces around the house, when my favourite pair of nail scissors happens to be one of them. Praying   Confused

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2023 2:24 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Shazam! You do find all the missing bits and pieces, including your favourite nail scissors... because it turns out they've fallen into a magical portal at the back of your broom cupboard. Which you've now fallen through as well, but rather than leading into Narnia, it drops you into the depths of Bism. And it's a wondrous land (if rather hot), but now you have to find a way to retrieve your nail scissors and other possessions from the bottom of the fiery river, as well as finding your way back home again afterwards. Good luck and happy adventuring... Grin  

I wish I could go back and forth between Australia and Britain by some faster and cheaper means than plane flights. (20+ hours and over £1,000 return, as it is Eyebrow )

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2023 7:39 am
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

You have chosen wisely. Gwaihir and his eagles are now at your disposal. Unfortunately, their arrival timing is not nearly as convenient as in the movies. Look before you leap!

I wish I could get my tasks done more quickly.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2023 9:53 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Having been whisked to a Hogwarts crash-course in magic, you find, yes, you can get all your tasks done much more quickly. Unfortunately, when you get these tasks done too quickly, you & the tasks all become "splinched", that is to say, there are missing bits & pieces, including bits of yourself.

I wish that for once, in a while, we could hear a week of ongoing good news for a change, not only here but also internationally.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2023 5:20 pm
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

Congratulations! Now the news will only tell you about the good things that are happening in the world and none of the bad ones! Now you know nothing about the meteorite headed straight for your town!

I wish that time went by more slowly.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 27, 2023 3:46 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Boom! Now time goes by more slowly... a lot more slowly... so that everything happens in slow motion and it takes you several hours to take even a few steps across the room... let alone to get through your front door... and the journey to your workplace takes several years, not to mention the work day itself...

I wish I could visit Middle-earth.

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 27, 2023 9:52 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Boom! Tish! Yes, you can visit Middle Earth. And as delightful & engrossing as the experience may be, reality sinks in sooner or later, when you realise that as part of the deal, you have become a tourist guide for the LOTR film sets in New Zealand, "the best supporting country" at the 2003 Oscars, and that your tourist charges include a whole bunch of Narnia Webbers, including myself, who have stowed away in your luggage. Angel Devil Grin Giggle  

Yes, Middle Earth aside, I really do wish I could revisit New Zealand again, with my husband this time, when the last time either he or I crossed The Ditch, in my case, in early 1967, was some decades ago. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2023 3:16 am
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

Your wish is (somebody's) command! You now have been sent back in time to 1967 to cross the ditch again, but you have to wait a whole 56 years to come back to the present!

I wish everyone was always honest.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 28, 2023 10:52 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Everyone is, but brutally so and without the ability to think before speaking.

I wish I could take a day trip to the moon.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 1, 2023 6:06 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Voilà! A day trip to the moon is arranged! But it is a risky & expensive enterprise, however marvellous it is, & so, due to mechanical problems, you have to spend at least a month on the International Space Station, before you can get back to Earth safely. 

I wish I could remember instructions better. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2023 5:37 pm
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

Now you can! Now you are never able to think for yourself and can only act if someone instructs you to.

I wish people were kinder.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2023 5:43 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Boom! Now everyone is kinder... but only to animals, not to other people.

I wish I could fall asleep quicker at night.

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2023 7:16 pm
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

It's your lucky day. Whenever it gets dark you automatically fall asleep, whether you're in bed or not.

I wish that my wishes weren't all corrupted.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2023 12:49 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Shazam! Now none of your wishes come true at all, whether in corrupted or uncorrupted ways.

I wish we could have some proper snow this winter (not common in most of the UK).

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 3, 2023 1:16 pm
Page 2 / 5
Share: