Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Mansion: Christmas and the New Year!

Page 6 / 6
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Erik and Abby loved the dance, and the music was lovely. As the jig ended, they retreated to the tables bearing refreshments, and retrieved cups of cider.

One they offered to Enna, who was still enjoying herself with Molly; another was for Lady A, who seemed quite entranced by the music.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : December 31, 2011 7:52 am
zlcva
(@zlcva)
NarniaWeb Nut

The song ended, and Zack grinned as he pulled the penny whistle from his lips.

"Now that was music," he said. Zace approached with a cup of cider in each hand, one of which he offered to Zack. Zack thanked him and took the glass, enjoying the sweet taste of the cider.

This is great, he thought. A nice, relaxing party. No threats to the universe, no villains, just a good time. Zack smiled to himself as he thought of some of his old comrades who probably would have added some random villainy just to "spice things up." Zack was a little disappointed that no one from his era (that he recognized) had shown up, but he was still enjoying being in Ditto Town once again.

"How about another song?" he asked.

Zace cleared his throat and withdrew a wooden flute from a pouch on his belt. He gave Zack a challenging twitch of his eyebrows as he raised the flute to his lips.

"Try to keep up, Author," he said and started off on a fast-paced reel (or at least the Delantrim equivalent).

Zack yelped as he looked around the room for... ah, there was a bodhran hanging on the wall nearby. He grabbed it and quickly found the rhythm of the tune.

Posted : December 31, 2011 9:07 am
zlcva
(@zlcva)
NarniaWeb Nut

((OOC: Sorry for the double post.))

As the song wound down, Zack felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He fished it out and read the text message he had received, and sighed.

"Well my friends, looks like it's time for us to go."

"Oh really?" Zace said sadly. "I was just warming up!"

"Yeah, same here. But our ride just informed me that he won't be able to keep the portal open for much longer."

"Alright," Zace replied in resignation and packed away his flute and followed Zack to the door. Zack waved to everyone in the room.

"It was great partying with all of you! Cozy slippers and Happy New Year to you all!"

And with that, the pair went out into the snowy night and vanished in a green glow, returning to their respective homeworlds.

Posted : January 2, 2012 5:33 am
Anonymous_mysique
(@anonymous_mysique)
NarniaWeb Nut

Enna accepted the cider gratefully. She had never tasted anything so good (except maybe chocolate which doesn't count because nothing can ever taste as good as chocolate). She then handed molly back to her parents and went in search of the musicians who had produced the lovely music which had been floating through the air just a few moments before. She couldn't help but feel a rather magnetic pull when there were musicians about, for she was one herself, you see. So off she went, like I said, in search of the affore mentioned musicians.

~Elaina

Avi by Jillhope.

Posted : January 2, 2012 9:38 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Aby and Erik returned from their dance just in time to bid farewell and safe travels to Zack and Zace.

Then Abby accepted Molly and offered her thanks to Enna for watching the child. She and Erik stood side by side a moment, silently watching as the young woman made her way to the group of musicians.

"I think she's getting hungry," Abby said, indicating her now-squirming hatchling. "But I bet you could join those musicians while I'm taking care of her."

Erik chuckled. "You know me. Can't carry a tune in a bucket."

"Could you dance with me, Uncle Erik?" came the little voice behind him. He turned to see little Grace Baxter smiling up at him.

"It would be my pleasure," he replied, offering a hand to her. With a giggle she put her small hand in his and followed him to the dance floor.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : January 2, 2012 7:07 pm
Aravanna
(@aravanna)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh, the bracing cold of a yuletide breeze on one's face! If only every day could be Chirstmas.

These were the thoughts of the young lady who had just stepped into the Town Square a little more than fashionably late. She had missed the Zacks but at least she was here before the traditional twelve days of Christmas ended January 6.

After all, who in their right mind would miss Ditto Town on Christmas? The air had the spicy-sweet smell of fir trees and the rich unmistakable smell of wood smoke. The snow from a recent enchantment crunched under her boots and flecks of multi-coloured light danced in the air around her. The Mansion was ablaze with light and a song sailed on the air that made the young lady think of a wild land of green moors, proud people, and legends of selkies in the surf.

It was too perfect. The best of holidays in a world full of the dreams of enthusiastic young writers and older authors who had never gave up their childlike wonder. "Ditto," the young lady whispered into the air to honor an old tradition. Then she spoke "Ditto," then she yelled "DITTO!" at the top of her lungs with a huge grin.

It was only then she noticed a couple that had stopped dancing to stare at her.

"Oh, um, hi. That was just... me being me. I'm Ara by the way! Merry Christmas!"

Posted : January 3, 2012 11:07 am
Lady Arwen
(@wren)
The Mermod Moderator

* walks in with a wreath of holly in her hair *

Greetings, all! Soon, this thread shall melt away. As you can tell, the Yuletide is over, closing with Epiphany last Friday. Post your goodbyes if you feel to do so, and raise a glass to a prosperous new year!

This Mansion will close within the next week.

Posted : January 10, 2012 5:51 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Erik enjoyed his dance with little Grace. She was so much fun and full of energy. Some day, he knew, Molly would be the same way. And he couldn't wait.

The music stopped once again, so Erik led the little girl back to the refreshment table where her parents were busy talking to other new friends. She eagerly began telling her parents about her dancing adventure.

Just then, the clock in the town square began tolling twelve, its Big Ben-like chimes ringing through the Mansion. "Guess it's time to say our goodbyes for another year," Dan Baxter sighed.

"The Emporium is always open to our friends," Abby, who'd just rejoined the group, winked. Molly was full and content now, back to her cheerful self.

"Yup, we've got to compare notes on all this interdimensional travel," Erik said. "Sounds like a great excuse to get together sometime soon."

"Will do," Angie Baxter said with a big grin. "Right now, why don't we say goodbye to all our new friends here, then meet back by the Fountain afterwards?"

"Before we do, let's raise a toast to this year just begun," Erik said, raising one last glass of cider.

Posted : January 11, 2012 2:58 pm
Page 6 / 6
Share: