Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Susan’s Red Battle Dress (PC)

Jeweled Triumph
(@jeweled-triumph)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hello!

I will be building Susan’s red Battle dress from Prince Caspian in the near-ish future, but found that the page detailing it has no photos? Is there a place I can find the pictures for this? Or more details on the materials and the embroidery on the skirt?

http://costumes.narniaweb.com/caspiansusanbattle.asp

Thank you!

—)-Nicole

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 2, 2022 4:15 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Oooh, I do hope you'll keep us updated on your progress, Jeweled Triumph!

I thought I had saved the hi-rez images for this one awhile back when the costume site was still functional, but I can't find them now... Sad If I find them, I'll let you know.

I do like the display images here: https://hollywoodmoviecostumesandprops.blogspot.com/2010/10/susan-pevensie-battle-costume-from.html

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2022 5:14 pm
Jeweled Triumph
(@jeweled-triumph)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Please do! Especially since I didn’t actually know it had embroidery until today!

Whenever I start, I will for sure take lots of progress photos and share them with you!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 2, 2022 8:09 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

You may also want to reach out to

https:// www. facebook. com/ LivingLikeLucy/

if you're on facebook; I know they have several of the original costumes and have allowed people to get close-ups and such (I just can't remember if this one is one they have!)

This post was modified 1 year ago 4 times by Meltintalle

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 3, 2022 7:20 pm
coracle liked
Jeweled Triumph
(@jeweled-triumph)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Thank you for the pointer!

I reached out to them, and they said that they do not have it, but it was sold at auction to a big collector in CA. Potentially one who helped do the “Prop Culture” feature on Disney+

I’ll keep compiling information as I get it, so thank you!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 3, 2022 9:22 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@jeweled-triumph That would have been my suggestion too. Living Like Lucy has some useful knowledge in this area, so they would have given you the best advice they had.
Best wishes with your search (have you looked in books about the movies, etc?)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2022 12:16 am
Jeweled Triumph
(@jeweled-triumph)
NarniaWeb Newbie

My behind the scenes/making of books are in storage at the moment, but I will for sure look through them!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 4, 2022 7:34 am
Share: