Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Got Questions? Find Answers! (The Costume Version)

Page 4 / 4
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

That sounds like a lot of fun, jillpole1!

You might want to look at the links in this post

and you can see Adeona's version here

I know coracle modified a shirt for her version of the tunic but I can't seem to find her post. :(

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 23, 2011 7:29 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I used a pirate/18th century shirt from a bought pattern - it's huge, and I would make a smaller version of the pieces before I used it again. But I intended it to be useable for others (part of my costume collection).

The shirt Mel is referring to is an imitation velvet/cord one I bought from a secondhand shop a few years ago to use the sleeves for my Lucy/PC outfit. I still had the rest of the shirt, so I cut off the collar and cut a neckline to match the jerkin. It was big enough and there were enough buttons to make double-breasted, so I did button holes for both ways of fastening (L and R overlap). Lastly I did a simple zig zag around all the edges using gold thread.
Over it I wore a belt with my plastic dagger pushed through, and wore dark blue trousers tucked into my brown flat boots.

If you can go to a charity shop and find a shirt of a suitable colour, you could cut it to shape and size, sew on some brass buttons, and wear a belt over it. Your tee shirt, if you can sacrifice it and it's big enough, could be cut down too - a v neck and some buttons sewn on.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2011 10:36 am
Fire Fairy
(@fire-fairy)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Does anybody know of a good jeweler who would be willing to make a replica of Lucy's crown? (And won't make me go bankrupt... #:-s ) I would really love to wear a replica of her crown for my wedding, so I don't want something homemade. I've seen the page on The Lion's Call, and I've taken a look at the pictures on Jasmine Watson's website. I have no smithing experience, so if anybody could direct me to somebody who could do that for me I would be most grateful.

Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 18, 2012 10:01 pm
LucytheValiant23
(@lucythevaliant23)
NarniaWeb Regular

Does anyone know what is the oversleeve embroidery for Lucy's camp dress in the Lion the Witch and the wardrobe? I had been trying to find a sketch of it and no luck whatsoever.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2018 12:37 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

LucytheValiant23, there are sketches of the embroidery at the neckline on the Wardrobe Door page: here is the front and here is the back.

The best photo showing the sleeves looks like it's this one from the super high rez section. A quick comparison says the sleeves are similar to the back embroidery so that's a starting point at least. :)

Over the weekend, I can double check the Movie Companion for LWW and see if it has any better shots. I hope this helps!

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 8, 2018 4:07 pm
LucytheValiant23
(@lucythevaliant23)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thank you so much Meltintalle! I appreciate it so much :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2018 9:45 am
LucytheValiant23
(@lucythevaliant23)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hey has anyone ever made Lucy's pouch before? You know the one for her coridal?

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2019 2:57 pm
LucytheValiant23
(@lucythevaliant23)
NarniaWeb Regular

@magnificentking I know someone made Lucy's crown with worbla believe it or not.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 24, 2020 8:09 am
Page 4 / 4
Share: